Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Your order of the series.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Wow, I really didn't think guys could actually prefer that one. Maybe Polish men relate to the story... or maybe I'm totally wrong!
    I have always liked backstory sections of novels/series. I also like history in general, so my enjoyment came from the telling of Rolands backstory and finding out what shaped him into the character that he became. It didn't have anything to do with the fact that it was a love story. But, being a love story didn't detract from it.

Also, I believe that in our polls at least, SoS came up last, and W & G came out on top. So, it seems that there are a few others who have the same tastes, though everyone is justified in their preferences.
    Sloth Love Chunk

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    No, but it can be better than the translation of the other volumes.
    IMHO those translations cannot be that bad. To sum up: I don't think anyone prefers WaG because of some kind of good or bad translation.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I suspect it's because of our own personal interpretations.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Whiskeybent is on a distinguished road Whiskeybent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Wizard and Glass
    2. The Dark Tower
    3. Wolves of the Calla
    4. The Wastelands
    5. The Drawing of the Three
    6. Song of Susannah
    7. The Gunslinger

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    This is a thread to discuss your order of favorites of the series.

Mine is -

1. The Dark Tower

2. Wolves of the Calla

3. Song of Susannah - Wizard and Glass - The Wastelands - Drawing of the Three - The Gunslinger

I love them all though. So even doing this was hard for me.
    I started this thread in 2008 and I was wondering if anyone's order of preference of the series has changed over the years?
    Mine has but only in a very minor way. My latest order is -

1. The Dark Tower

2. Wolves of the Calla - Song of Susannah

3. Wizard and Glass - The Wastelands - Drawing of the Three - The Gunslinger
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a thread to discuss your order of favorites of the series.

Mine is -

1. The Dark Tower

2. Wolves of the Calla

3. Song of Susannah - Wizard and Glass - The Wastelands - Drawing of the Three - The Gunslinger

I love them all though. So even doing this was hard for me.
    I started this thread in 2008 and I was wondering if anyone's order of preference of the series has changed over the years?
    Mine has but only in a very minor way. My latest order is -

1. The Dark Tower

2. Wolves of the Calla - Song of Susannah

3. Wizard and Glass - The Wastelands - Drawing of the Three - The Gunslinger

What brought you the change? Do you know?

Well, mine had a big change when I first finished the series but not since then.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I don't know, it just came to me that Song of Susannah really is my number two along with Wolves.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Wolves of the Calla
    2. The Dark Tower
    3. The Wastelands
    4. Wizards and Glass
    6. Song of Susannah
    7. The Gunslinger

My #1 & #2 are by far way ahead.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    1. Wolves of the Calla
    2. The Dark Tower
    3. The Wastelands
    4. Wizards and Glass
    6. Song of Susannah
    7. The Gunslinger

My #1 & #2 are by far way ahead.
    My heart always aches a bit when the Gunslinger lands at the end of the list. Well, it happens quite often.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    The Gunslinger
    The Dark Tower
    Wizard and Glass
    Wolves of the Calla
    The Wastelands
    SoS
    Drawing of Three
    Ache no more. Mine has only minor changed with Drawing of Three swapping with Wasteland

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't why I'm posting this, but here's my order:

1. THE GUNSLINGER
    2. THE WASTE LANDS
    3. WIZARD & GLASS
    4. THE DRAWING OF THE THREE

and way, way, way, way WAY down below those -

5. WOLVES OF THE CALLA
    6. THE DARK TOWER

and way, way, way, way, WAY down below those -

7. SONG OF SUSANNAH

That's just my opinion, which is worthless to everyone but myself.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    1. Wolves of the Calla

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Why on Earth would it be worthless. No opinion is worthless.
    Thank you for sharing your list. I hope the last book, the Dark Tower will be able to climb a bit higher with the time being.

Storyslinger, your list is quite similar to mine.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Why on Earth would it be worthless. No opinion is worthless.
    Thank you for sharing your list. I hope the last book, the Dark Tower will be able to climb a bit higher with the time being.

Storyslinger, your list is quite similar to mine.
    Actually, any Kardashian opinion is worthless
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for letting my opinion be acceptable. I really WANTED to love all the Dark Tower books, since I loved the first 4. But those last 3 books, darn it, just didn't work for me. I was increasingly irritated by the language (the made up words, etc.) which for some reason just rubbed me the wrong way. Perhaps I was just in a bad mood while reading them, I don't know. If I ever get the time I'll read them all in a row and see what happens. Hopefully I'll like them them. And thinking about that, when the Keyhole book comes out that would be a great time to give them all a re-read in chronological order. Something to think about anyway.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for letting my opinion be acceptable. I really WANTED to love all the Dark Tower books, since I loved the first 4. But those last 3 books, darn it, just didn't work for me. I was increasingly irritated by the language (the made up words, etc.) which for some reason just rubbed me the wrong way. Perhaps I was just in a bad mood while reading them, I don't know. If I ever get the time I'll read them all in a row and see what happens. Hopefully I'll like them them. And thinking about that, when the Keyhole book comes out that would be a great time to give them all a re-read in chronological order. Something to think about anyway.
    I still don't get it why your opinion wouldn't be acceptable.
    For my part I am absolutely crazy about all the books but you are totally not alone. Unfortunately I have read this 'after the first 4 books King totally lost me' many times.
    I was really worried to open the last book because many DT fans had been very disappointed by that time. I tried to open my mind and my heart as much as possible and I thought: 'This is my book, these are my people, it doesn't matter how King managed to write their story, I am here for them.' Well, I guess I was really lucky because I didn't need long time to be able to hear their voices.. to feel their skin as I touched the paper of the next page in the book.
    All I can say is that I hope from the bottom of my heart that they (Roland and his ka-tet) will be able to find their way back to you sooner or later. I hope it doesn't sound very cheesy.

The Gunslinger
    The Dark Tower
    Wizard and Glass
    Wolves of the Calla
    The Wastelands
    SoS
    Drawing of Three
    Ache no more. Mine has only minor changed with Drawing of Three swapping with Wasteland
    The more you read DT 7 the more it will creep to the top.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger
    The Dark Tower
    Wizard and Glass
    Wolves of the Calla
    The Wastelands
    SoS
    Drawing of Three
    Totally agree. The book seems to draw more out of its depths every read through, almost as if it is a living document. Continually changing.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I still don't get it why your opinion wouldn't be acceptable.
    For my part I am absolutely crazy about all the books but you are totally not alone. Unfortunately I have read this 'after the first 4 books King totally lost me' many times.
    I was really worried to open the last book because many DT fans had been very disappointed by that time. I tried to open my mind and my heart as much as possible and I thought: 'This is my book, these are my people, it doesn't matter how King managed to write their story, I am here for them.' Well, I guess I was really lucky because I didn't need long time to be able to hear their voices.. to feel their skin as I touched the paper of the next page in the book.
    All I can say is that I hope from the bottom of my heart that they (Roland and his ka-tet) will be able to find their way back to you sooner or later. I hope it doesn't sound very cheesy.
    Letti THIS is why I LOVE you!!!! You really do understand my kindred soul

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Wolves of the Calla
    2. The Drawing of the Three
    3. Wizard and Glass
    4. The Wastelands
    5. The Dark Tower
    6. The Gunslinger
    7. SoS

Just my two cents

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

everyone who puts Wolves on top of their lists authomatically becomes an Honorary Bear.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

everyone who puts Wolves on top of their lists authomatically becomes an Honorary Bear.
    YAY!! I am honorary bears!!! and I love Wolves, to me it is the one where the ka-tet feels most whole

Country
    Country Flag

Barb, you have been an honorary bear since time immemorial...

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Barb, you have been an honorary bear since time immemorial...
    You make my soul sing my bear love! I am thinking of you and sending good thoughts. I am sorry your heart is heavy.

Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger
    The Dark Tower
    Wizard and Glass
    Wolves of the Calla
    The Wastelands
    SoS
    Drawing of Three
    I couldn't agree more. I would have been over the moon even if the last book had been just acceptable. When I realized it became my favourite.. I was more than shocked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast