Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: W&G's Backstory

Along the Path of the Beam Weirdmonger is on a distinguished road Weirdmonger's Avatar

Default W&G's Backstory

It has been suggested that the Susan story was inspired by Ken Follett.
    Any thoughts?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And the entire series was inspired by Master J.R.R. Tolkien. Not to mention Sergio Leone's "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". Your point?

Where are you trying to go with this?

A lot of authors use other works for inspiration. So??????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Weirdmonger is on a distinguished road Weirdmonger's Avatar

Just a point of interest. It was suggested by a friend of mine who's read both. I don't think anyone has noted this possible inspiration before. Or have others noted it? (which really is my question).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Look Good Sir, these thoughts and topics have been very well discussed and already have well-established threads. The moderators do not appreciate new threads being created for thoughts that are more appropriate as "Reply's" or post inside those established threads. See what I mean?

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should read through some of the existing threads and reply or initiate post in them. You'll likely get more responses and opinions that way.

This thread will more than likely get merged anyway.

Hope I was of some help.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Are you a Moderator? If so, I apologise. You've personally made me feel unwelcome since I arrived. I can't be expected to read every thread before starting a new topic that I think is new.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdmonger View Post
    Are you a Moderator? If so, I apologise. You've personally made me feel unwelcome since I arrived. I can't be expected to read every thread before starting a new topic that I think is new.
    No, I am not a Moderator. However, I am friends with quite a few of them and understand the policies. I have tried to be as accomodating as I can and I apologize if I have made you feel unwelcome. However, you seem to contiue to do the these things even though we have tried to guide you to the proper channels.

Yes, you are expected to read through existing threads and are more than encouraged to share your thoughts, theories and observations in the context of those discussions and to introduce new ideas.

If it will make you feel better, I'll bow out here. Good Luck to you and enjoy.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

You said I was on drugs on another thread. Anyway, I bow out, too. I hope some folk enjoy my recent 'real-timing' of the whole DARK TOWER series, a series of which I have become an enormous fan.
    all the best, des

I am pleased to report that Merlin1958 and I have mutually apologised by private message. And I promise to try to shape up better with forum protocols.

df lewis
    http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/...ark-tower-etc/

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am pleased, too.

Weirdmonger: there's nothing wrong about people trying to keep the site in order, whether or not they are moderators. Also, it is very advisable to search existing threads before starting one's own.

I am very happy the problem seems to be over.

Merlin:

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!