Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Killing Cancer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Killing Cancer

Must see:

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I saw it last Friday. Amazing. All the Vice episodes are great.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, not a whole lot of discussion. I thought it was pretty much mind-blowing. Basically we're getting close to a cure for cancer.

Here's another interesting related discussion: http://edge.org/conversation/yuval_n...th-is-optional

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Wow, not a whole lot of discussion. I thought it was pretty much mind-blowing. Basically we're getting close to a cure for cancer.

Here's another interesting related discussion: http://edge.org/conversation/yuval_n...th-is-optional
    As someone who works in scientific research I have to say that, while this is certainly a groundbreaking new therapy, I do t think we will ever find a "magic bullet" for cancer. It's been around as long as organisms have been on the planet, and it is my opinion that it will always be around. You have to be careful when looking at limited results. While 4/4 patients from CHOP seems like a pretty damn good success rate, it's only 4 out of a cancer population of millions. Even the doctors in the documentary aren't so sure it will work with all cancer all the time.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic because I have family members that have cancer, but you have to be realistic when looking at something like a "cure" for cancer. It's not an organism we can say we have killed, it's a defect in the genes of many people, which is why it will most likely reappear somewhere down the road.

Country
    Country Flag

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    which is why it will most likely reappear somewhere down the road.
    especially with the amount of GMO food we are forced to consume...

PS: VICE rocks!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    which is why it will most likely reappear somewhere down the road.
    especially with the amount of GMO food we are forced to consume...

PS: VICE rocks!
    I don't think we can say for certain what issues GMO's will cause since they haven't been around long enough. We also haven't studied the affects they have on the body once we digest them. My thinking is that they probably don't cause a lot of issues that people think they do, and it's mostly fear mongering from people who do think they cause issues.

Unfortunately I study airway abnormalities so I cant comment for sure.

Demon of the Prim Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The video wouldn't open for me...
    Right now we are all collecting money for a woman who was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer...she was told by everyone to go home and get her affairs in order. Not one to give up her son went on line and found a hospital in Cologne, Germany. Within 4 weeks her tumor has diminished 50 %...they do not use toxins...she has 4 more weeks of treatment..will be home for two weeks and then go back...
    Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Vice took down the full episode in the first post, but here's a "debrief" of that episode:

Demon of the Prim Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose is just really nice Lost Rose's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!!
    Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!