Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 945 of 971 FirstFirst ... 445 845 895 935 943 944 945 946 947 955 ... LastLast
Results 23,601 to 23,625 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me or if one orders a signed book from a legit store (ie VJ's) then that book should be signed like on the title page and not a tipped in sheet? Shouldn't they disclose that? I bought the new Ken Liu cause it said signed and it's tipped in. I have the first two actually signed. Don't think he signed any of the US third ones and just figured this one would actually be signed. I guess he's still not doing real signings...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Is it just me or if one orders a signed book from a legit store (ie VJ's) then that book should be signed like on the title page and not a tipped in sheet? Shouldn't they disclose that? I bought the new Ken Liu cause it said signed and it's tipped in. I have the first two actually signed. Don't think he signed any of the US third ones and just figured this one would actually be signed. I guess he's still not doing real signings...
    It should be mentioned in my opinion. Some people seem to think it doesn't matter.

Michael Whelan had a Kickstarter for art books. It said they were signed. There was even a whole dramatic narrative where the promoter was driving the books across the country for Whelan to sign. When they showed up they had bookplates in them.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bookplate? Whew. If it had come with one of those I would hve returned it. I bet people were unhappy.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not at all a fan of bookplates.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Michael Whelan had a Kickstarter for art books. It said they were signed. There was even a whole dramatic narrative where the promoter was driving the books across the country for Whelan to sign. When they showed up they had bookplates in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Bookplate? Whew. If it had come with one of those I would have returned it. I bet people were unhappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Not at all a fan of bookplates.
    I was very unhappy and I let the guy know that I don't consider a signed bookplate a signed book. Especially after the whole, "I'm personally bringing Michael the books to sign" story. Why would you drive across the country with a van full of books only to pick up a bunch of bookplates? The whole thing was BS. I will say that the promoter did provide a full refund and told me to keep the books.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The answer to Uvalde was "less doors" what is the response for the Highland Park shooting going to be? Build less buildings or have all buildings underground so there won't be any rooftops for the shooter to stand on?

Suspect in custody after deadly Illinois July Fourth parade shooting

Country
    Country Flag

If Uvalde showed us anything it's that we don't need cops in schools. Since they are worthless and all.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The answer to Uvalde was "less doors" what is the response for the Highland Park shooting going to be? Build less buildings or have all buildings underground so there won't be any rooftops for the shooter to stand on?

Suspect in custody after deadly Illinois July Fourth parade shooting
    I would think that police might sweep rooftops before parades begin.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

That would be a nice thing for the police to have done. But sadly, no.
    And this guy threatened his family with an arsenal of knives years ago that the police took away from him. Still got a gun though.

And look at this crazy, what is this country?
    https://twitter.com/kirawontmiss/sta...70837716869125

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I am so glad I live in a very rural area away from all that BS…..
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If Uvalde showed us anything it's that we don't need cops in schools. Since they are worthless and all.
    Columbine showed us that 20+ years ago.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Elon Musk has withdrawn his offer to buy Twitter. I don't think he ever intended to buy it anyway. He can play the victim now.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Elon Musk has withdrawn his offer to buy Twitter. I don't think he ever intended to buy it anyway. He can play the victim now.
    I feel the same.

I also think he's an asshole.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like the attorneys will be collecting some rather large fees by the time this is over.

Spoiler:

msn.com
    Elon Musk ‘Terminating’ Deal To Buy Twitter—Platform Plans Legal Action
    3 minutes
    Topline

Elon Musk informed Twitter Friday he is "terminating" his $44 billion deal to buy the platform, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, but the head of Twitter’s board said the company plans to take up a legal challenge to force the agreement to go through.
    Key Facts

Bret Taylor, the chairman of Twitter’s board, tweeted the company “is committed to closing” the deal and plans to “pursue legal action to enforce the merger agreement.”

Musk and Twitter both agreed in April that if a party chose to withdraw from the deal, that party would have to pay a fine of $1 billion.

Musk’s attorney, Mike Ringler, stated the deal is being called off because Musk does not believe Twitter has provided adequate information about how many fake and spam accounts populate the platform.

In a letter to Twitter, Ringler claimed the company is in “material breach of multiple provisions” of its agreement with Musk by allegedly not providing sufficient information.

Twitter’s stock price plunged more than 5% on Friday to close at $36.81 after reports surfaced the deal was in serious jeopardy before dropping another 6% in after-hours trading to around $34.50 following the SEC filing.

Musk did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Forbes.
    Crucial Quote
    Key Background

Twitter’s board accepted Musk’s unsolicited $44 billion offer to buy the company on April 25, but Musk said on May 13 he was putting the deal “on hold” over concerns about fake and spam accounts on the platform. Musk expressed skepticism with Twitter’s claim that such accounts make up less than 5% of profiles, and his team was unsatisfied with data Twitter presented to attempt to back up its assertion. The Washington Post reported Thursday that the billionaire was expected to take a major shift in his approach to the deal after his team determined Twitter’s claim on fake and spam accounts was unverifiable.
    What To Watch For

Wedbush analysts Daniel Ives and John Katsingris called Friday’s news “a disaster scenario for Twitter,” predicting a long legal battle for Twitter to either force the deal through or get Musk to pay the $1 billion termination penalty. The stock could trade as low as $25 when markets open Monday, according to the analysts.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Country
    Country Flag

From a bit up above - now Mr. Liu is going out and actually signing! "Can't make it to the event? Preorder the book on the registration page to have it signed, and choose to have it held or shipped from the store!" (From an e-mail from his mailer). So now the little bit of me that wants them all signed on the title page is at war with the old person on SS saying I don't do duplicates...

Country
    Country Flag

Get the one to match your set and read or sell the duplicate.

Country
    Country Flag

You're right of course. So I went to order and the event was the 7th. Too blanking late. May be there will be another one down the line. Argh!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I know this is not a movie trivia site, but this has been driving me crazy.
    I saw a movie years ago where a guy was yelling at a deaf woman who works in a bank (I think it was a bank), making a fool out of himself, then the POV switches to the woman, and all is dead silence, making a huge contrast to his wild gesticulations.
    Anyone know the title of this film?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I saw a movie years ago where a guy was yelling at a deaf woman who works in a bank (I think it was a bank), making a fool out of himself, then the POV switches to the woman, and all is dead silence, making a huge contrast to his wild gesticulations.
    Do you have a better guess on the release date?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    No, 90s or early 2000s maybe.
    The guy was always hanging around with another guy from the office they worked at, that's about all I can remember.
    Oh well, no big deal.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

The guy was always hanging around with another guy from the office they worked at, that's about all I can remember.
    Oh well, no big deal.
    In the Company of Men. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Company_of_Men

Oh well, no big deal.
    In the Company of Men. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Company_of_Men
    That's gotta' be it!
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 945 of 971 FirstFirst ... 445 845 895 935 943 944 945 946 947 955 ... LastLast