Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Question To King Art Fans About Print Size

Default Question To King Art Fans About Print Size

So I'm planning on selling a fairly large print of a richly detailed artwork I made this year for the Centipede Press published Stephen King artbook, Knowing Darkness, a scene inspired by the monsters from The Mist. I'm still debating what size to make the print as the original is 40 x 30 inches (horizontal) I was measuring that out on paper and only then realized how insanely large that is and I'm worried that might put off potential buyers. I'm curious if anyone here has a size preference in their art prints and would a 40 x 30 inch size put you off from buying a print? I'm debating on going down to 30 x whatever that transforms down to vertically for a more reasonable print size. Thanks for any feedback!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mutantskeleton View Post
    So I'm planning on selling a fairly large print of a richly detailed artwork I made this year for the Centipede Press published Stephen King artbook, Knowing Darkness, a scene inspired by the monsters from The Mist. I'm still debating what size to make the print as the original is 40 x 30 inches (horizontal) I was measuring that out on paper and only then realized how insanely large that is and I'm worried that might put off potential buyers. I'm curious if anyone here has a size preference in their art prints and would a 40 x 30 inch size put you off from buying a print? I'm debating on going down to 30 x whatever that transforms down to vertically for a more reasonable print size. Thanks for any feedback!
    For me 40X30 would be a bit too big so I think you have the right idea taking it down to 30" max.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I'd say the bigger the better, but I can't buy anything else right now anyhow.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Thanks for the feedback. I think the reality is there's going to be people that don't have the wall space and want to buy smaller prints and those that have a lot of empty walls who might prefer a larger print. I'm reluctant to make variations of the same image but I think making one smaller and one bigger, at a minor price difference, will be the best way to test the waters for this one.

Thanks again for your opinions!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds like an excellent idea.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)