Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: King on Twitter

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...green-inferno/
    It’s not out until next week but author Stephen King has seen Eli Roth’s The Green Inferno and he liked what he witnessed! Dubbing it a “glorious throwback“, King’s Twitter review is one hell of an endorsement for the film, which was plagued with release issues.

Heading deep into The Green Inferno with Lorenza Izzo are Ariel Levy, Daryl Sabara and Kirby Bliss Blanton, who star in the pic that “follows a group of student activists who from New York City travel to the Amazon to protect a dying tribe, but crash in the jungle and are taken hostage by the very natives they saved.

Dark and primitive customs still rule the Amazon jungle: cannibalism and other mind, body and soul-destroying rituals. Trapped in the village, these high-tech modern-world students experience the ultimate in primal barbaric terror, suffering unspeakable acts of violence in an intense and chilling rituals reserved only for the most threatening intruders.

The Green Inferno eats its way into theaters on September 25th.

THE GREEN INFERNO is like a glorious throwback to the drive-in movies of my youth: bloody, gripping, hard to watch, but you can't look away.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) September 18, 2015

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice poster. But a poor rating on IMDB.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King on #inspiration: #ScreenCraft
    https://twitter.com/screencrafting/s...34920707899392

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://2paragraphs.com/2015/12/steph...d-trump-again/
    Stephen King, master of horror and astute observer of fear and its effects, recently tweeted that "Donald Trump is like the crazy, ranting uncle you hope your friends will never meet." King, who can take it, heard some contrarian views in the comments. People felt the need to tell the best-selling author that Trump is going to save America (which is apparently being torn asunder by immigrants bearing a striking resemblance to Cujo). What got people so upset was King's characterization of Trump as crazy. Or maybe it was the idea of Trump being an uncle.

Donald Trump is like the crazy, ranting uncle you hope your friends will never meet.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) December 6, 2015

It's not the first time King has bared his teeth at Trump. Back in August, King came up with a poetic campaign slogan for the billionaire GOP candidate, centering on Trump's seeming predilection for pale people. (See below.) King is perhaps particularly well-suited to comment on Trump, whose rhetoric seems designed to play on people's deep-seated fears. They're both very good at that game. Like Trump, King clearly isn't afraid of stirring up the passions of people who don't agree with him. Not long after his Trump tweet, King had the temerity to write: "Obama just spoke with the voice of reason. Imagine that."

How's this for a Trump campaign slogan: IF YOU'RE WHITE, YOU'RE ALL RIGHT! ANY OTHER HUE, I DON'T TRUST YOU. — Stephen King (@StephenKing) August 5, 2015

Obama just spoke with the voice of reason. Imagine that.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) December 7, 2015

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/09/hous...imply_amazing/
    The 2016 primary candidates have drawn unsolicited endorsements from a number of celebrities from lists A through D. Now that the herd’s been thinned (especially for the once-17-candidate GOP field) and four candidates (sorry, Kasich; you’re welcome, Sanders and Cruz) remain with any chance of surviving until the general, celebs from George Clooney to Charles Barkley on the center-left and -right, respectively, are placing their bets.

Rarer, however, are celebrity un-endorsements — like the one bestselling horror novelist and screenwriter, Stephen King, gave to Donald Trump last summer, and hasn’t stopped giving since:

Trump! The raging id of the Republican Party!

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) July 13, 2015

How's this for a Trump campaign slogan: IF YOU'RE WHITE, YOU'RE ALL RIGHT! ANY OTHER HUE, I DON'T TRUST YOU.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) August 5, 2015

Donald Trump: There hasn't been a novelty act this annoying since Alvin and the Chipmunks.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) August 6, 2015

There comes a time, however, when King goes silent. Given his prolific body of work, he definitely hadn’t run out of material; more like he got sick of legitimizing the Trump Train.

Instead, he would intermittently trash Trump’s platform — meriting an honorable mention:

Hating all Muslims for what happened in Paris is like hating all Christians because of the gay-hating Westboro Baptist Church.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) November 14, 2015

New right-wing idea: put America in a gigantic Zip-Loc Baggie, keep all nasty germy foreigners out

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) November 17, 2015

Thankfully, the drought lasted only a few months before he had to walk back his hardline stance:

I can no longer tweet about Trump. That anyone in America would even CONSIDER voting for this rabid coyote leaves me speechless.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) December 9, 2015

King’s War on Christmas present to his followers this year was a cute new nickname for the unmentionable “rabid coyote”:

Happy holidays, you Twitterheads. Love & peace to all of you, even the NRA types and those willing to vote for He Who Must Not Be Named.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) December 24, 2015

Ted Cruz vs. He Who Must Not Be Named: The unspeakable in pursuit of the reprehensible.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) January 25, 2016

The stupidest, ugliest Presidential campaign in my entire life: HOUSE OF CARDS meets SHARKNADO.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) February 15, 2016

Oh, look! A rabid coyote with bad hair won the South Carolina primary! Please clap!

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) February 21, 2016

Republican debate: The whole world is laughing at us. SOMEBODY SHUT THESE CLOWNS UP.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 4, 2016

Populist demagogues like He Who Must Not Be Named aren't a new thing; see THE DEAD ZONE, published 37 years ago.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 15, 2016

Of course, the rallies held by He Who Must Not Be Named ARE reality shows, often reminding me in a weird way of DUCK DYNASTY.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 15, 2016

Rick Scott and Paul LePage, the worst two governors in the US, have now endorsed He Who Must Not Be Named. Moderate Repubs are blushing.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 16, 2016

For a better understanding of Cruz and He Who Must Not Be Named, read ASSHOLES: A THEORY, by Aaron James, now in paperback.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 30, 2016

While I don't like He Who Must Not Be Named, it was great fun to see Ted Cruz take a pants-down butt whuppin'.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) April 20, 2016

And when “He Who Must Not Be Named” became the presumptive nominee after pummeling Cruz and Kasich (duh) in Indiana:

Hey, Repubs: It's like they say in the antiques stores–you broke ot, you own it.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) May 7, 2016

Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin:sublimely irritating political speakers. Listening to them is like having root canal surgery without anesthetic.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) May 8, 2016

It ain't the content (vacuous though it may be), it's the delivery.

— Stephen King (@StephenKing) May 8, 2016

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I love many of his works. But I don't care about his politics and he seems like a huge douche bag from what he posts on twitter.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Well, that's your opinion. I happen to think he's right on...most of the times.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm fairly liberal (voted for Obama twice and will vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is) and agree with King on most points but I find it amusing that his Christian counterpoint to the Islamic terrorists that were responsible for the deaths of over a hundred people is a group of IRL internet trolls who haven't killed a single person.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King really seems to have gone off his nut about Trump. Some of his recent posts are downright strange.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What did he say that's so strange?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

He sounds like a petulant child that resorts to calling names and making fun of those he doesn't agree with. If I held King in high respect for anything other than his writing, i would be disappointed in him. However, King has done much to show what a douche he is in real life over the last few years, and this kind of stuff doesn't surprise me.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    He sounds like a petulant child that resorts to calling names and making fun of those he doesn't agree with. If I held King in high respect for anything other than his writing, i would be disappointed in him. However, King has done much to show what a douche he is in real life over the last few years, and this kind of stuff doesn't surprise me.
    Isn't that a bit too much? There has been a lot of cases where he has - still - proven to be a great human being and helpful of people in need! Just because his Tweets about Trump (politics in general) pissed you off, or whatever it is, shouldn't give you reason to slander him like that! He's not a douche bag in real life! Geez! Read his novels and stories, google for research into the good stuff King has done and still do, and stay away from Twitter!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

King's politics and mine rarely overlap, but he seems to think the things he does because he has the right goals in mind, cares about people etc. - in short, a decent guy. Not that I'd accept this defense from a terrorist or a cop-killer, but from someone who merely makes statements with which I disagree, sure. I certainly don't know the man personally, but loads of info about his entire life is out there, and I'm pretty confident that that's what he is - a decent guy.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is why there is no politics at the dinner table.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You sound butthurt. What's the matter, did Stephen King refuse to sign your book or something? LOL!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

His Twitter is just filled with petty shit and name calling. That's why I don't follow him. I think the height of his pettiness was shown in under the dome when Jim Rennie was basically Dick Cheny. Who's butt hurt now?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    His Twitter is just filled with petty shit and name calling. That's why I don't follow him. I think the height of his pettiness was shown in under the dome when Jim Rennie was basically Dick Cheny. Who's butt hurt now?
    Donald Trump's twitter is the one filled with petty shit and name calling. Being the kind of insults you would expect to hear from a junior school playground, Trump's repartee contain real zingers like "loser", "lightweight", "moron" or "dummy". If that's not enough, he will also tweet insults about women - calling them either "fat", "ugly", a "slob", a "pig" or a "disgusting animal"..... Real classy!

Rather than being petty, Stephen King's tweets are both accurate and witty - two things that Donald Trump will never be.

As for Jim Rennie in Under the Dome being based on Dick Cheney, this is what Stephen King had to say on the subject during an interview with The New York Times....

"I was angry about incompetency. Obviously I'm on the left of center. I didn't believe there was justification for going into the war in Iraq. And it just seemed at the time, that in the wake of 9/11, the Bush Administration was like this angry kid walking down the street who couldn't find whoever sucker punched him, and so turned around and punched the first likely suspect. Sometimes the sublimely wrong people can be in power at a time when you really need the right people. I put a lot of that into the book. But when I started I said, "I want to use the Bush–Cheney dynamic for the people who are the leaders of this town." As a result, you have Big Jim Rennie, the villain of the piece. I got to like the other guy, Andy Sanders. He wasn't actively evil, he was just incompetent - which is how I always felt about George W. Bush. I enjoyed taking the Bush-Cheney dynamic and shrinking it to the small-town level. The last administration interested me because of the aura of fundamentalist religion that surrounded it and the rather amazing incompetency of those two top guys. I thought there is something blackly humorous in it. So in a sense, Under the Dome is an apocalyptic version of The Peter Principle."

Personally, I don't see a problem with that at all.

Who's butthurt now? Certainly not me, but I'm hoping that come November - it will be Donald Trump.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I still don't know what "butthurt" means.

King and Trump are both pretty sparky on Twitter; I'm just not sure how Trump's Twitter oddness, as pronounced as it is, frees King from criticism (not that I care about King's tweets; I'm familiar with his views and therefore not surprised by them). I rarely check King's Twitter, but when I do it's to see if he has anything interesting to say about entertainment, books etc.; I pretty much know that his tweets concerning politics and current events will hold little value for me.

I also don't see (and perhaps there's a reason and I'm just not aware of it) what the Rennie/Cheney comparison/modeling has to do with Twitter; how SK views public officials and writes his characters is his business.
    Last edited by St. Troy; 08-05-2016 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Striving for the very best every day! ah, who am I kidding.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Referring to the republican convention as a "lynch mob" with all the racist and violent history that term holds was too much. Like a lot of people King has lost all perspective and views politics as a us vs them battle in which anyone who disagrees with him must be evil and destroyed. There are other examples of his idiocy in the past like claiming soldiers would not be in Iraq if they had read more (ie he believes only unintelligent people are in the military). He tried to spin his way out of that but that is exactly what he meant. Most of his stuff is petty nonsense but I guess that is sort of the nature of Twitter.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Referring to the republican convention as a "lynch mob" with all the racist and violent history that term holds was too much. Like a lot of people King has lost all perspective and views politics as a us vs them battle in which anyone who disagrees with him must be evil and destroyed. There are other examples of his idiocy in the past like claiming soldiers would not be in Iraq if they had read more (ie he believes only unintelligent people are in the military). He tried to spin his way out of that but that is exactly what he meant. Most of his stuff is petty nonsense but I guess that is sort of the nature of Twitter.
    Don't get me wrong; I definitely see why such sentiments would strike you as off base (King definitely wasn't speaking for me when he wrote such things); I just look at it like I'd look at it if this were a friend or family member (I don't get too upset when considering those in my circle who vote different from me and believe things I don't believe). I still remember finding out that some friends were going to vote for Bill Clinton in 1992 (they seemed so normal! ), and a good friend (present day) is an incredible liberal (I am...the opposite of this ). But, you just say "it is what it is" and move on.

If I were an entertainer, I would struggle mightily over whether or not to air my political views (via Twitter or anything else). While it would be satisfying to raise my voice for what I saw as right, I'd be certain to alienate at least a portion of my potential audience (maybe not a concern for established people like King).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If Hillary had walked through the doors during Chris Christie's speech and the chants of "LOCK HER UP" which essentially could have been replaced with "BURN THE WITCH" it felt like she would have been attacked.
    Seeing one thing as another is the problem here - chanting "lock her up" isn't "burn the witch" or assault (you may as well say "this man frowned at me, which is like calling me a name or punching me"). Maybe we can call this Internal Escalation Anxiety or something.

"Lock her up" might not strike all ears as beautiful, but it's easier and has fewer syllables than trying to chant Comey's list of things she did. And before anyone leaps in to defend any of what she did, keep in mind that whether you agree that she did anything wrong is quite beside the point - the RNC was a convention whose purpose was to appoint someone to oppose and defeat HC and therefore must hold that position.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Referring to the republican convention as a "lynch mob" with all the racist and violent history that term holds was too much.
    This is not really the place, and it might've been a bit too much, but the crowd was chanting "Lock her up!" which is pretty lynch-mobby. Not to mention that later Trump crowds have been reported as saying that Capt. Khan, a fallen American hero, should be dug up and deported with his parents.

And more stuff like:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ...the crowd was chanting "Lock her up!" which is pretty lynch-mobby.
    Lynch mobs were called "lynch mobs" because they hunted down people for the express purpose of killing them by lynching - not really the same thing as advocating for an arrest and conviction.

...later Trump crowds have been reported as saying that Capt. Khan, a fallen American hero, should be dug up and deported with his parents.
    "Reported as saying"? I guess I'll wait until I see something more substantive to worry too much about that.

And if it is shown that such a crowd said such a thing, that's a long way from the candidate saying it himself, and "threats" against a dead person aren't quite a threat against HC (or anyone really).

And of course such chants would be reprehensible, but that's off point.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...later Trump crowds have been reported as saying that Capt. Khan, a fallen American hero, should be dug up and deported with his parents.
    "Reported as saying"? I guess I'll wait until I see something more substantive to worry too much about that.

And if it is shown that such a crowd said such a thing, that's a long way from the candidate saying it himself, and "threats" against a dead person aren't quite a threat against HC (or anyone really).

And of course such chants would be reprehensible, but that's off point.
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201...t-khans/212107
    Neo-Nazi Website Daily Stormer On Capt. Khan: “An Islamic Terrorist From Pakistan Infiltrates The US Military” And “Accidentally Gets His Dumbass Killed.” The Daily Stormer is an anti-Semitic and neo-Nazi hate site that’s endorsed Donald Trump. Editor Andrew Anglin repeatedly smeared the late Capt. Khan and his family as terrorists and called on them to be deported. From his post:
    I am hereby calling for the Khan family to be immediately deported to Pakistan. What’s more, I want their terrorist son’s body dug up and shipped back with them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    And Trump's advisor, Al Baldasaro, saying Clinton should be shot for treason is being investigated by the Secret Service.
    I don't know anything about Baldasaro other than that comment, which was psychotic. Obviously, any King tweet (or anyone's tweet) against Baldasaro would be justified, but I don't think anyone here was criticizing King to defend the likes of Baldasaro (I'm certainly not).

I would like to take a moment to pat myself on the back, as Baldasaro is another data point supporting my theory that the craziest American politicians are to be found in the House (due to their much smaller constituency; much easier to sneak a yahoo through).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast