Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you posting again, too!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My slipcase just arrived. It's very nice! The book fits perfectly.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never got a shipping notice but mine (slipcase) arrived yesterday so it was a GREAT surprise at the post office!

Traveler Dreamweapon will become famous soon enough Dreamweapon will become famous soon enough Dreamweapon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    I guess my bottom line question is how many other folks have had to pay VAT on slipcases? I've sent enough of them overseas, especially to the UK and I can't remember anyone mentioning getting charged VAT for such a low priced item. So which of these is it:
    A) everyone know to expect and has been paying it, so no one mentions it
    B) no one's getting charged for it (unless there's some random searching of packages)
    Just had the time to check this thread as I too was charged £13.86 from customs, £5.86 VAT & £8.00 for Royal Mail to send me a postcard saying I owe them it.

Some job's-worth was on the case that day no doubt - the description was "Book cover" which could be argued was part of a book therefore VAT-free.

Either way, I coughed up (albeit through gritted teeth), and am happy with my slipcase.

dw

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Mine had a flaw... a bad one. BUT... I have to say that Thomas from the Collector website was amazing in a prompt reply and will send me out a new one ASAP. He also, if I wanted to keep the one I got, a 50% discount. I am thought anal on book condition as I am sure everyone here is and went for the replacement... but good service from him FOR SURE!
    Both of mine had several small flaws. Not sure if they are enough to send them back, but I am going to contact Tomas so he knows what the case makers are producing.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by honeymonstaz View Post
    Was looking for a little advice from UK based members here please. I purchased a slipcase from the Collector and have received a note today informing me that I need to pay an extra £13.86 for customs on the package. . . I have had books delivered from the US without issue before and I guess I had hoped that being book related the slipcase would also be exempt. Do I have a leg to stand on, or do I pay the charge and learn my lesson ?
    The word that matters is "book". Books in the UK do not have any Customs fees or VAT. The slipcase is not classed as a book.
    Would it make sense for the collector to stick a cheap paperback in the case and classify it as a book with slipcase?
    HMMM... I know of another guy that has had success with that (at least so far). He has been known to put "Book with Case" in the description on the customs form. The cost of the included $8 or $10 paperback is much more palatable than customs due for an expensive piece of goods.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What about asking the seller to add a notebook / notepad with the slipcase? I mean, that cost like 1€ in any shop, if the seller do not have any at home
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got two cases today - both were in fine condition! Great Job Thomas!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

How did you get a mail delivery on President's Day?

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Mine had a flaw... a bad one. BUT... I have to say that Thomas from the Collector website was amazing in a prompt reply and will send me out a new one ASAP. He also, if I wanted to keep the one I got, a 50% discount. I am thought anal on book condition as I am sure everyone here is and went for the replacement... but good service from him FOR SURE!
    Both of mine had several small flaws. Not sure if they are enough to send them back, but I am going to contact Tomas so he knows what the case makers are producing.
    He told me he found some that were done improperly in the bindery department. He sent me a new one last Friday so I should have it later this week. He said this one is in fine condition.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I meant that I just opened them - And they are both still in fine condition!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Never heard of President's Day before
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

US National Holiday. (I was on honeymoon in Disney World on Presidents day back in '92 - Place was heaving )

Edit. It was Labour Day not President's Day as it was Sept.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It is somewhat confusing and here is a short article about what makes it confusing. When I was young we celebrated Washington's birthday but that seemed to ignore Lincoln who was also born in February. Now we celebrate Presidents Day to honor both former presidents (or do we now also include Jefferson?; or is it Washington and Jefferson?; or is it all former presidents?) It's not clear and different states approach it differently. Basically if you work for a living you just go to work and all it means is that you can't go to the bank and when you check your mail when you get home you think the mail is late and you check several more times that day before you remember that it is Presidents Day and you aren't getting any mail that day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d=pm_local_pop

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually put mail in the box and put the flag up. I was irritated when I saw the flag was still up later in the day. That is when I remembered...

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    ...and when you check your mail when you get home you think the mail is late and you check several more times that day before you remember that it is Presidents Day and you aren't getting any mail that day.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my two slipcases from The Collector. Beautiful!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It is somewhat confusing and here is a short article about what makes it confusing. When I was young we celebrated Washington's birthday but that seemed to ignore Lincoln who was also born in February. Now we celebrate Presidents Day to honor both former presidents (or do we now also include Jefferson?; or is it Washington and Jefferson?; or is it all former presidents?) It's not clear and different states approach it differently. Basically if you work for a living you just go to work and all it means is that you can't go to the bank and when you check your mail when you get home you think the mail is late and you check several more times that day before you remember that it is Presidents Day and you aren't getting any mail that day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d=pm_local_pop

Thanks for the information

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got my two slipcases from The Collector. Beautiful!

John
    Mine as well! They're beautiful.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I received 2 cases. I would like to hear opinions as to whether these flaws pictured are sufficient to warrant a return/credit.
    Thoughts?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I received 2 cases. I would like to hear opinions as to whether these flaws pictured are sufficient to warrant a return/credit.
    Thoughts?

Mine was worse than that RF. BUT... in my mind we are collectors and expect something new to be FINE. I would ask Thomas what he thinks... guy is pretty nice for sure and cares about his customers..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Both cases appear to have significant deformed areas and I would think these would need to be replaced.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Knowing your predilection for perfection in all things representing your collection Jerome, I'd suggest a replacement/refund would be in order (particularly in light of the second picture - ouch !!!).
    We all float down here!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

2 of the 3 I ordered look similar with edges that are not clean,
    I was wondering as well, I noticed my Dark Man traycase has some of the same as far as not clean, sharp wasn't sure if this is common or if I have a defective case

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I'm sure Tomas would be glad to replace them.

John

I already sent Jerome an email offering either a replacement or credit against the damage before the post this morning. I'd guess he posted here to get some consensus on if he wanted to take me up on the offer or not. My bottom line is that I want any customers that order to be happy and if anyone get a problem case just email me individually and I'll do whatever I can to take care of you.

In regards to sharp corner questions that Lot Guy posted, these are all done by hand and the inner corners are an area that can certainly vary a bit in terms of not clean/sharp. The person doing it has to forcefully wrap/prod/stretch the fabric around the corners. Different materials will wrap in different ways. In the 1st photo that looks pretty average. The outside top/spine part in the 2nd photo shows some damage though.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast