Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: dnemec

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: dnemec

Here it is--my collection thread. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot more pleasure out of this than all of you!

I love Stephen King, and I have many more of his books than other authors. I will, however, start with a non-King book as it is my favorite.

Enjoy!

MathesonTZ scripts 1

One of my earlier acquisitions. I love The Twilight Zone and consequently, Richard Matheson. This is my favorite book, though, because it is the only one I have provenance for.

MathesonTZ scripts 2

This is a PC copy that belonged to the editor, Stanley Wiater. I just think that's cool!
    Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Already liking your collection. I also collect Matheson, but don't have very many yet. I do not have this book either. Looks very nice.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Already liking your collection. I also collect Matheson, but don't have very many yet. I do not have this book either. Looks very nice.
    It is beautiful! There were 52 signed/lettered--plus the PC copies, of course. It's in a traycase with some lovely artwork by Jill Bauman, I believe. I have more of his, so keep watching!

Country
    Country Flag

Last February, Stephen King came to my part of the country for a change and I was able to score two tickets. We saw him speak at the Savannah Book Festival and I got two books signed. (Having a boyfriend is good sometimes!)

My first edition Christine:

And my first edition The Dead Zone:

Also, here is a picture of me geeking out while he was signing my Christine:

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! I have yet to meet Mr. King. sad face

Country
    Country Flag

This is too much fun! One more tonight: I actually just bought this from swintek via the Collectible Classifieds forum last week and it arrived on Wednesday. My boyfriend was on the computer trying to order this stupid book when Simon & Shuster released it and their website kept crashing. Unfortunately, when they did the raffle, I didn't get picked. (And I had my name, my boyfriend's name, my neighbor's name, and his mother's name all in!) I got my signed/limited edition now though!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 08:07 AM.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection! I don't think I've ever seen photos of a signed 1st of Christine or The Dead Zone.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeaaaa!! A new collection thread.
    Love the "Dead Zone" & "Christine"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Groomp will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Last February, Stephen King came to my part of the country for a change and I was able to score two tickets. We saw him speak at the Savannah Book Festival and I got two books signed. (Having a boyfriend is good sometimes!)

My first edition Christine:

And my first edition The Dead Zone:

Also, here is a picture of me geeking out while he was signing my Christine:
    these are fantastic!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice books. Congrats.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Yeaaaa!! A new collection thread.
    Love the "Dead Zone" & "Christine"
    My sentiments exactly!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff!
    I was selected for that 11/22/63 drawing but being overseas they wouldn't ship one to me.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice collection !!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Another Matheson collector. Yay! Love that TWILIGHT ZONE SCRIPTS book.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff!

Country
    Country Flag

Finally nabbed a Doctor Sleep sleep mask! Also picked up an UTD promo card. For $1.50, why not?

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I got my Dr Sleep mask in the mail today too!

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I have been on a bit of a spending spree in the last month. So this was actually a pretty perfect time to start my thread!

I picked up the gift edition of Insomnia on ebay.

Also a local book seller was having a "shelf clearing" sale, and I just thought this was interesting. Plus it's like new!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

And let me show you my Stephen King shelf. I got the Black House from the Shannon sale (and frankly that sucker is big!). The audiobooks on the left I've collected over time to keep me entertained during all the hours I spend in my car. And on the right are some of my "reading" copies.

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I just got the Insomnia gift, too! I'm reading mine--about a hundred pages in so far. It's a sturdy production, so I'm not (too) worried about messing it up. Very nice!

Looks like your collection thread is off to a great start. Good job, and keep 'em coming!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope you don't have to walk under that shelf too often, it may end up falling on you in the near future.

Great thread, and a nice start to your SK collecting journey. I'm sure we would all like to see more
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

Mail's here! Got a couple packages too!

I found the first on www.paperbackswap.com, where I always seem to have credits to use. As you can see, it features a complete reprinting of "The Langoliers."

In addition, as some of you know, I ended up buying nearly all of Shannon's Dollar Sale items. My first package arrived today!

Last edited by dnemec; 08-20-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay, what a nice package (that's what she said)!

And people, I threw in some little extras here and there because Ms. Desiree purchased so many items. Please don't think she paid a dollar (or anything) for things like the "Win A Date With Anthony Michael Hall" ad or the Six Stories yellow advertisement.

Speaking of which, I will be having a TWO DOLLAR MENU soon. Will I see you there dnemec?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast