Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon ! Cool proofs and stories

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm glad I reminded you! And this would be one of those I-hate-you-congratulations moments! Good one there Jon. I too have never seen one for sale. Big congratulations!
    Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Interesting proof, congrats!
    Thanks Rogier.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Very nice! The last one I saw was 2/14 on eBay. The last one prior to that was 12/10 by Simon at Fantastic Literature. I think those are the only ones I have seen.
    Thanks Bob. I wonder where all the other copies have got to?

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Congrats Jon ! Cool proofs and stories
    Thanks Shac.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I guess Ari and Jeremy received the UK FDNS proof for free from the publisher, as usual*

Congrats, Jon!

*edit: meaning that at least two of the 77 copies went to Ari and Jeremy.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I guess Ari and Jeremy received the UK FDNS proof for free from the publisher, as usual

Congrats, Jon!
    Thanks Michael. I wish I knew someone at the publisher.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

jonp, regarding that last chapter titled "After" which seems to consist of stuff not in the published novel...could this be the fabled lost After the Play epilogue, or parts of it?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    jonp, regarding that last chapter titled "After" which seems to consist of stuff not in the published novel...could this be the fabled lost After the Play epilogue, or parts of it?
    The deleted Chapter 58: Newslog in the manuscript, of which the first page (page 517) is shown in post #2547. It's four pages in the manuscript of newspaper reports. I'm not sure what After The Play consists of. The After in the manuscript is the epilogue which is Chapter 58 in the finished novel.

EDIT: I hope that makes sense.

EDIT2: I've just looked at the TOC, After starts with page 517 so includes the missing chapter as well as the epilogue. Is Newslog the same as After The Play? It is a possibility.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If only I had found these deleted passages and the missing chapter before CD completed their anniversary edition. They may have been interested in them as extras.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    The deleted Chapter 58: Newslog in the manuscript, of which the first page (page 517) is shown in post #2547. It's four pages in the manuscript of newspaper reports. I'm not sure what After The Play consists of. The After in the manuscript is the epilogue which is Chapter 58 in the finished novel.

EDIT2: I've just looked at the TOC, After starts with page 517 so includes the missing chapter as well as the epilogue. Is Newslog the same as After The Play? It is a possibility.
    Since the epilogue in the published novel was taken from After the Play, it would make sense that the Newslog plus the scene with Wendy, Danny and Hallorann in your manuscript is After the Play, or at least some version of it. Maybe King wrote Before the Play in a second draft or something? According to sources, After the Play was lost over the years, so you might really have something there which could create a great stir in the King community. Maybe it can be validated by King himself? Yeah, CD would have drooled over this.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Since the epilogue in the published novel was taken from After the Play, it would make sense that the Newslog plus the scene with Wendy, Danny and Hallorann in your manuscript is After the Play, or at least some version of it. Maybe King wrote Before the Play in a second draft or something? According to sources, After the Play was lost over the years, so you might really have something there which could create a great stir in the King community. Maybe it can be validated by King himself? Yeah, CD would have drooled over this.
    In 1993 John McLaughlin consigned a large amount of King material to Pacific Book Auction Galleries and the auction was held on Sept. 23, 1993. Here is the first item in the catalog. I have no idea who bought it but the description with page numbers may be of use in this discussion.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

If only I had found these deleted passages and the missing chapter before CD completed their anniversary edition. They may have been interested in them as extras.

That was my first thought. Along with the inclusion of Before The Play it would have been the definitive version of The Shining.
    Thanks for taking the time and consideration to share these deleted scenes; it is much appreciated.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the information, Bob. It must be After The Play as the four deleted pages I have are p517-520. Very interesting. The four deleted pages are called Newslog and the epilogue section is called Summer.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

That was my first thought. Along with the inclusion of Before The Play it would have been the definitive version of The Shining.
    Thanks for taking the time and consideration to share these deleted scenes; it is much appreciated.
    No problem. I found it fascinating compared the unedited and edited versions. I haven't listed all changes only interesting or major ones.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information, Bob. It must be After The Play as the four deleted pages I have are p517-520.
    Yes, I think so too.

Holy wow, so the lost After the Play wasn't lost after all

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

This will just provide an excuse for another limited edition (PS Publishing? Centipede?)of The Shining that will finally be the definitive version!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Simply outstanding. I really hope this can make it into CD's The Shining. Congratulations Jon!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great proof, Jon!

Very nice! The last one I saw was 2/14 on eBay. The last one prior to that was 12/10 by Simon at Fantastic Literature. I think those are the only ones I have seen.
    Wow, Bob, you must have incredible records!!

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Great proof, Jon!

Wow, Bob, you must have incredible records!!
    I bought them both so they are still in my collection. I have good records of things I have bought. But Mr. Rabbit Trick is the one that amazes me. He seems to have a record of just about everything sold recently, even things he didn't buy.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow Jon, what an effort on your part. Thank you for this - very interesting.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I guess Ari and Jeremy received the UK FDNS proof for free from the publisher, as usual

Congrats, Jon!
    I didn't follow the train of thoughts of why we were mentionned?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Because Jon said: "I wonder where all the other copies have got to?"

That made me think of the fact that you and Ari always get proofs from the publisher. So two of the 77 proofs went to you guys.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great, Jon. You have just set production back 2 years! (Teasing) . Amazing stuff, my friend. And couldn't have fallen into better hands. So will you be retiring someplace warm after the book is released? .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Simply outstanding. I really hope this can make it into CD's The Shining. Congratulations Jon!
    Thanks Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Great proof, Jon!
    Thanks Dez

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wow Jon, what an effort on your part. Thank you for this - very interesting.
    Thanks Antoni. It was great fun, it took me a day and a half. And then had to type it all up, as the computer didn't recognise the text and just came up with nonsense. I type a very slow one-fingered pace!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Great, Jon. You have just set production back 2 years! (Teasing) . Amazing stuff, my friend. And couldn't have fallen into better hands. So will you be retiring someplace warm after the book is released? .
    Thanks Brian. When I received it a few months ago, I thought it was nothing special and just put it away in a cupboard separate to my proof/manuscript collection. I came across it the other day and thought I would post it to find out what it was, initially thinking it was not genuine. I only half-heartedly bid on it on eBay.uk, when it was relisted unsold. It was the lack of interest that made me think it was not genuine. How wrong was I?
    Whether it will be included in the CD book depends whether Stephen King wants the edited material released.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An awesome find, Jon!! Congratulations!!!

I have to spread some rep points around before I can give you more, but it's in the bank my friend!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    An awesome find, Jon!! Congratulations!!!

I have to spread some rep points around before I can give you more, but it's in the bank my friend!
    Thanks Tim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast