Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 787 of 890 FirstFirst ... 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 797 837 887 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,675 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    I am curious on the thoughts for those that received the City Of Mirrors signed and numbered book. If you haven't noticed, the book has no ribbon page marker. The first two books in the series did and the book description of City Of Mirrors said it would also have one. When I contacted Cemetery Dance I was told they forgot to insert the ribbon. This seems like kind of lame excuse. How do you forget that? Does it bother anyone else that there is no ribbon in the book?
    Quoting Brian from the CD board here, but it wasn't our mistake. It sucks, but at the end of the day there wasn't really anything we could do about it.

Yeah, the printer. This one went to our new printer that for us is essentially replacing the two printers that closed the other year, and they missed the ribbon. Unfortunately, the ribbon is not an aspect of the production where we get something to approve ahead of time like bluelines for the interior or the DJ, or stamped boards to check the stamping, etc, and we can catch a mistake. When they miss something like the ribbon, we don't know until it's too late.

Brian

I don't like ribbons.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The lack of a ribbon marker doesn't bother me in the least. I never use them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    I am curious on the thoughts for those that received the City Of Mirrors signed and numbered book. If you haven't noticed, the book has no ribbon page marker. The first two books in the series did and the book description of City Of Mirrors said it would also have one. When I contacted Cemetery Dance I was told they forgot to insert the ribbon. This seems like kind of lame excuse. How do you forget that? Does it bother anyone else that there is no ribbon in the book?
    It's a nice book but yes, it does bother me. Even though it wasn't their fault, it still doesn't sit well with me that those who pre-ordered weren't made aware of this (at least, not that I know of) ahead of shipping. Probably not the intention, but it seems like they were hoping no one would notice.

In terms of the new printer CD is using, my copy of COM was bumped on the bottom spine (which CD exchanged for a new one very promptly). Now the new one has the spine backing separating completely from the page block when you open the book. I'm still waiting to hear back from Mindy about this one. I'm sure they'll make it right but I'm not impressed with this new printer so far, especially considering I've NEVER had an issues with any CD book I've ordered before this.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

My copy was perfect. CD was very apologetic about the missing ribbon marker. Since all copies have this problem I can live with it.

There have definitely been a few bumps in the road with the new printer. There often are when we start using a new printer, which is why we've always been reluctant to do so even when it would have been a good idea for our output.

But sometimes you're forced to make a change, which is what happened here, as I know all of you know. There have been some issues we DID catch on the bluelines or the stamping approval copies, and they were mostly due to some confusion on our CSR's part about our expectations.

The good news is, I believe any mistakes that have happened won't be repeated on future projects. That doesn't help the projects that are done, of course, and we understand any disappointment.

We absolutely HATE when a book doesn't turn out exactly as we planned. We try to be especially diligent about production values because we know how much patience our collectors have shown us over the years with our less than ideal publication schedule. You've been patient, you've waited, and you should get something beautiful.

We dropped the ball on this one, and we're working to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks again to everyone for their patience and understanding.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

When do you guys expect the lettered COM to ship?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    We sent a copy of the lettered edition of to the case maker who made the previous 2 cases as soon as we had one. I don't think he was working on anything else yet, so it should be at the top of his to do list. His turnaround times vary pretty drastically though, because he's a one man shop and does work for 3 or 4 small publishers, plus whatever else he does. So I don't really want to give a time frame as we just don't actually know.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    We sent a copy of the lettered edition of to the case maker who made the previous 2 cases as soon as we had one. I don't think he was working on anything else yet, so it should be at the top of his to do list. His turnaround times vary pretty drastically though, because he's a one man shop and does work for 3 or 4 small publishers, plus whatever else he does. So I don't really want to give a time frame as we just don't actually know.
    Thanks Dan!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ANY rough idea of Fright or Flight Lettered? 2020 for a release you think guys?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Until SK signs the sheets, it'll be impossible to set a schedule. I know Richard was checking on that, though.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Until SK signs the sheets, it'll be impossible to set a schedule. I know Richard was checking on that, though.

Brian
    Holy! He still hasnt signed them Bri? Crazy.. that was announced couple years ago now. It would take King like 5 mins (Or less) to sign the 60 or so pages. LOL Hopefully Richard gets his ass in gear!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wanted to share here that I have two Cemetery Dance auctions up right now, if folks are interested.

One for some Cemetery Dance Select ARCs (I've seen these pop up here and there) and one for a matching set of the first three Graveyard Editions (I have not seen any of these sets up for sale, just single books):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254524194168

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254524203162

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Kris, I believe monies were sent for ‘Fright or Flight’ lettered in 2018.
    Cemetery Dance update on 24th February 2020 states it will be in print by 2021.
    (That is if 52 signature sheets can be completed in a year.)
    I must learn to moderate my expectations.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Kris, I believe monies were sent for ‘Fright or Flight’ lettered in 2018.
    Cemetery Dance update on 24th February 2020 states it will be in print by 2021.
    (That is if 52 signature sheets can be completed in a year.)
    I must learn to moderate my expectations.
    Actually, that comment about it being available next year is in the "previous update", and that update came out a long time ago, so seems 2020 should still be a possibility.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my copy of CITY OF MIRRORS. It fits in well with the previous two books and I’m happy with the quality and design, illustrations, etc. I didn’t notice the ribbon anomaly and likely never would have, so it doesn’t bother me. I think CD did a fine job and I’m pleased to complete the trilogy.

I do have one issue though. My number doesn’t match the prior two books. So.. does anyone out there have COM #360? I have #392 to trade.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I received my copy of CITY OF MIRRORS. It fits in well with the previous two books and I’m happy with the quality and design, illustrations, etc. I didn’t notice the ribbon anomaly and likely never would have, so it doesn’t bother me. I think CD did a fine job and I’m pleased to complete the trilogy.

I do have one issue though. My number doesn’t match the prior two books. So.. does anyone out there have COM #360? I have #392 to trade.
    Ouch

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I never even thought to check the numbers.
    My first two are the same, but MIRRORS isn't even close.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yikes.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Sorry you guys didn't get your matching numbers. I will say I tried to match everyone I could, but as always you really needed to have requested it (not saying you didn't, sometimes those things get missed). I don't always have the requests from previous books to reference, and unfortunately I didn't on this one.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got an email the week COM shipped asking what number I had for The Twelve. I told her 665. She told me there was a mixup and that someone else had The Passage #665 and The Twelve (PC) copy and they wanted COM #665 and would it be okay if I got another number. I told her to just forget it and would like a refund. She refunded my money with no problem. I'll get rid of my copy of The Twelve eventually. I'm losing the collecting bug and also got a refund for Interview With A Vampire.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... I am really sorry to be seeing this. I heard from some others that this has happened. As sad as it is for the customer... I am sure this is NOT what CD wants to take place that is for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I got an email the week COM shipped asking what number I had for The Twelve. I told her 665. She told me there was a mixup and that someone else had The Passage #665 and The Twelve (PC) copy and they wanted COM #665 and would it be okay if I got another number. I told her to just forget it and would like a refund. She refunded my money with no problem. I'll get rid of my copy of The Twelve eventually. I'm losing the collecting bug and also got a refund for Interview With A Vampire.
    Yea I remember that one. It was one of a couple of cases were we had 2 different people requesting the same number. When that happens we email both people who requested, to confirm we entered their request correctly, then we ask them if either would be willing to take a different number. It's a little more clear cut when I have records to work from, but for whatever reason I don't have a number request sheet for The Twelve. I'm thinking we must of handled the requests for that one manually on the orders instead of making a spreadsheet.

I have NO idea whether I asked for the same number or not, it was so long ago, and I usually couldn't care less what number or letter I get, but since I loved this trilogy so much, I must admit I am now a bit disappointed I did not get the same number. But, as the Greeks say, "Ces't la vie, mein Freund!"

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Conversations like this one have prompted me to make sure I request numbers every single time. And not feel like a nag for re-requesting. I just checked with Mindy about my number for Night Shift and she confirmed I'll be getting number 34 (with a remarque). Doesn't hurt. Sorry about your numbers being off. It'd weigh on me, too.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shame about the non-matching numbers.

Anyone have news on The Institute Slipcase? It's been 21 weeks.

When will CDCC #9 and CDCC #10's supposedly included S/L books be arriving on my doorstep?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 787 of 890 FirstFirst ... 287 687 737 777 785 786 787 788 789 797 837 887 ... LastLast