Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In fact.. did you like this short story?

Hybrid View

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

The Little sisters is indeed quite entertaining HOWEVER I would not want to read a copy of the gunslinger that did not begin with "The Man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed."
    Not having that as the first thing u read is an abomination, like seeing a star wars film that didnt begin with "A long long time ago in a galaxy far away..."
    When I first read that book in the unrevised form THAT sentence is what immediatly hooked me, its the perfect begining and I feel sorry for the poor apprentice-tower junkie who picks up a copy that doesnt begin with that
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler Savoury is on a distinguished road Savoury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    The Little sisters is indeed quite entertaining HOWEVER I would not want to read a copy of the gunslinger that did not begin with "The Man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed."
    Not having that as the first thing u read is an abomination, like seeing a star wars film that didnt begin with "A long long time ago in a galaxy far away..."
    When I first read that book in the unrevised form THAT sentence is what immediatly hooked me, its the perfect begining and I feel sorry for the poor apprentice-tower junkie who picks up a copy that doesnt begin with that
    That's why it's a prologue, it's not part of the gunslinger, let there be no mistake about that.
    Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men

+ Reply to Thread