Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1978

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

George, if I’m reading this correctly, we know of no Blank Limitation copies of DTII nor LSOE. Is that correct?
    100% correct Patrick, to the best of our information to date.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Along the Path of the Beam Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg's Avatar

DT #256 II - VII are now available on eBay from seller comicazionline. They're all listed as Buy It Now with mostly fairly reasonable market prices.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...tower&_sacat=0

Wizard and Glass doesn't populate in that link as they don't have the term "Dark Tower" in the title of it, but it's still up on their page.

Edit: II, III and IV are now sold after a couple of hours, they went pretty fast.

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Baalrogg View Post
    DT #256 II - VII are now available on eBay from seller comicazionline. They're all listed as Buy It Now with mostly fairly reasonable market prices.

Wizard and Glass doesn't populate in that link as they don't have the term "Dark Tower" in the title of it, but it's still up on their page.

Edit: II, III and IV are now sold after a couple of hours, they went pretty fast.
    Missed my chance at a low number DT II...darn
    He also has LSOE, plus some other #256s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Litter-Sist...-127632-2357-0
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mmalling View Post

The same seller had DT2 #203.

I just sent a PM to LOOKWHOITIS to let him know......
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Along the Path of the Beam Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg is a jewel in the rough Baalrogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

OneFathom has DTII #203 for sale on eBay (so he currently has it), not sure if that’s who you were talking about or if he grabbed it from the guys who had the #256’s.

Edit: Ah yeah, he’s also got some of the 256’s (II, III and IV) listed now too, must have all been the same seller previously.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

OneFathom has DTII #203 for sale on eBay (so he currently has it), not sure if that’s who you were talking about or if he grabbed it from the guys who had the #256’s.

Edit: Ah yeah, he’s also got some of the 256’s (III and IV) listed now too, must have all been the same seller previously.
    Yah, he offered it to me for a 100% markup from what it sold for on ebay which was too much for me to be able (or willing) to pay for it, so I guess I am off the search for 203's. I feel like trying to build a set the hard way by lucking out and coming across & being able to buy matched numbers out in the wild is a Fool's errand. I already own an unmatched Franken-set of II-TWttK, I still need a S/N LE DT: Gunslinger which is the expensive one. It doesn't make sense for me to pay a super-premium just to buy a single matching number because I am not guaranteed that I will ever complete the set. I already have a S/N LE of DTII, Who cares that it is over 500. Who cares if the numbers match It probably is a much better idea for me to to fundraise for a Full matched number set, and then sell my II-TWttK individually to recoup some of the expense.

I'm not trying to throw shade on OneFathom for trying to make a profit. He bought the book, It is his book and he can do with it what he wants with it. I'm just the wrong guy to try and make a quick 100% $1500 profit on because well, i just don't have it, It would have been near the summit of my buying power to purchase it at $1500 if I had seen it first on ebay.

The market is crazy right now. Books are selling for record prices and people are spending huge prices on collectibles because they have money to burn from sitting at home for a year and social media has an exponential reach which is bringing scads of new collectors into the hobby.

I was very excited when I heard someone had found a 203 and then became extremely deflated when I learned it was out of my reach. I appreciate the PM, though Tippy. Just wish I had seen that auction first lol. I had noticed the 256s and it seemed like it was almost a full set, broken up minus the DTI, but I never went back and checked fully. Kind of breaks my heart to see sets broken up like this, when so many people like this thread and the excitement of the number chase, but when it is so easy to make a profit on flipping books it is gonna make it hard to reunite a set, unless you are extremely lucky or just have deep ass pockets and don't care at all how much you spend.

So I guess the question is: how big is the gap between the price of a Matched Number Set and the "value" of my mis-matched set ot II-TWttK? AND how much money can I save/raise towards being able to realistically tackle that goal?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So I went back and checked comicazi's (the original ebay seller) sold items records and he has and or had sold DT S/N LE's #256 DTII: The Drawing of the Three through DT: Little Sisters of Eluria. It was funny though because there were two auctions sold records of DT IV: Wizard and glass, but the listing was exactly the same and stated # 256. With MY luck that one was a #203 too!

Kind of sad that there was an almost full set offered (minus DTI and TWttK) and it is going to get scattered to the Four Winds
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    So I went back and checked comicazi's (the original ebay seller) sold items records and he has and or had sold DT S/N LE's #256 DTII: The Drawing of the Three through DT: Little Sisters of Eluria. It was funny though because there were two auctions sold records of DT IV: Wizard and glass, but the listing was exactly the same and stated # 256. With MY luck that one was a #203 too!

Kind of sad that there was an almost full set offered (minus DTI and TWttK) and it is going to get scattered to the Four Winds
    That second DT IV #256 sale was to me, but it was cancelled by the seller. I was told it was a duplicate listing error by eBay.
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Traveler Xtownboy will become famous soon enough Xtownboy will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Please update ownership of #246 II-WTTKH from kingfan2323 to Xtownboy

If anyone has any updated contact information for jemaher they can share it would be greatly appreciated.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xtownboy View Post
    Please update ownership of #246 II-WTTKH from kingfan2323 to Xtownboy

If anyone has any updated contact information for jemaher they can share it would be greatly appreciated.
    That's a big transfer! Congrats!

Traveler cwr22222 will become famous soon enough cwr22222 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Please update ownership of #159 II-WTTKH to cwr22222. This actually happened over a decade ago, but I only recently started posting.

IF ANYONE HAS 159 FOR THE GUNSLINGER (OR KNOWS WHO DOES), please contact me at croush@gmail.com.

I'm also ISO Letter "M" of Carrie PS Publishing. I have "M" for others and "T" for Carrie and would like to unite the "M"s.

DT1 #400 just popped up on eBay -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194391193992

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

And the "duas" jacket is in fine condition!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Traveler Gaffa is on a distinguished road Gaffa's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,

Just checking. My set includes all 9 books matched, yet the listing shows it is minus TWTtK?
    "#428 ***** Complete I - VII + LSOE - TWTTK"
    (I've seen other listings with + LSO + THTTK)?
    Seeking:
    -- PC-designated Dark Tower books I, III, V, and VIII.
    -- Any Dark Tower remarqued books.
    -- Charlie the Choo-Choo #428 and The Road to the Dark Tower #428

A user named Vicki in the rare SK Facebook group has the complete DT I-VII + LSOE + TWTTK #295. She posted pictures of the set and some of the limitation pages there to confirm. Kris should be able to verify as well shortly.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A user named Vicki in the rare SK Facebook group has the complete DT I-VII + LSOE + TWTTK #295. She posted pictures of the set and some of the limitation pages there to confirm. Kris should be able to verify as well shortly.
    Nice!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey All -

Sorry haven't updated the master list in a bit, got caught up tonight with changes to:

#159 II - VII + LSOE + TWTTK
    #203 II
    #246 II - VII + LSOE + TWTTK
    #256 II - VII + LSOE
    #295 I - VII + LSOE + TWTTK
    #400 I
    #428 + TWTTK (sorry Gaffa, just a typo!)

Keep 'em coming!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

#464 is pending sale from me to someone on Facebook. I will let you know when the transaction is complete.

Along the Path of the Beam tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16 has a spectacular aura about tomi_cc16's Avatar

Sth went wrong with your copy & paste :-)

#222 (not complete I, IV for sale at veryfinebooks.com 12/08; II & III owned by TDT.org member tomi_cc16 05/21)
    #227 (not complete II and III owned by Tippy4 of TDT.com 2/08)

I have since 2011 from Rick #227 DT2 & 3 - not #222

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    #464 is pending sale from me to someone on Facebook. I will let you know when the transaction is complete.
    3 buyers ghosted me. I am still in possession of the set.

DTII #41 just popped up on an eBay auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304208887314

It looks like the Heritage auction lot for the #1 set has been created:

https://historical.ha.com/itm/books/...UjkoSAOfRH0mhw

However, they're missing the LSoE S/L from the set and instead have the artist edition, plus a DT7 artist edition for whatever reason (in addition to the DT7 S/L). I messaged them earlier today to explain the situation and to see if they can get with Hal's daughter and clarify, as I'm sure a few other people here did too.

I received this message back from Heritage after I inquired about the #1 S/L LSoE:

Thank you for your interest in lot ID 35001, Stephen King. The Dark Tower Series, in the upcoming Signature Rare Books Auction, #6241. The description has been updated to more accurately reflect the editions of all volumes consigned.

I can confirm that copy #1, signed and numbered by King, of the first limited edition of The Little Sisters of Eluria, is not present in this lot. However, the signed and numbered (#1) Artist Edition is indeed present.

Thank you for your interest in the auction.

So it appears they do only have the #1 signed artist edition, not the S/L. Still not sure whether Hal did have it and it was just missed for this auction (as would be logical, since the #1 TWTTK is present), or if he only ever had the artist edition.

Edit: I don’t suppose anyone here knows of a way to reach out to Hal’s daughter directly by any chance? Even if the #1 LSoE isn’t in the auction, if she’s able to locate it and verify it’s there somewhere, and is perhaps willing to sell it to whomever wins, it would make the auction worth bidding on. (Well I mean, it’s worth bidding on in a normal capacity regardless just because of what it is, but it obviously doesn’t command the set premium it would otherwise.)

Looks like Eric is selling DT7 #183 here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-To...-127632-2357-0

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Eric is selling DT7 #183 here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dark-To...-127632-2357-0
    Ended up selling it for $750 to someone on the Rare King facebook group.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast