Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days

Along the Path of the Beam Nanidesuka is on a distinguished road Nanidesuka's Avatar

Default Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days

A book by Alastair Reynolds.

I haven't read this book yet, but that's because i've had trouble finding it. I have it on order at my bookstore, though. I know it's very much influenced by the Dark Tower, specifically one of the main characters is, of course, a man named Roland Childe, and the object of the book is to find and ascend a tower of puzzles...or something like that.

So i'm pretty anxious to read it. ^^

I was just wondering if anyone else had read it?

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've read this book - and I can highly recommend anything written by sai Reynolds, he's simply brilliant. Never realised till now that the main character indeed was named Roland Childe. This book in fact consists two different short stories, the other one is about that aforementioned Tower (called Blood Spire), the other is about sisters, swimming in the strange Sea. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you read this one, but please, read other books by Reynolds as well!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."