Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 645 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 597 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,675 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Tommy, it sounds like you're a reader who loves to linger over a sentence or paragraph that moves you. That's my kinda reader.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Tommy, it sounds like you're a reader who loves to linger over a sentence or paragraph that moves you. That's my kinda reader.
    Yeah, only problem is my eyesight is bad and getting worse so very limited reading time. I wish I had read a lot more in life.

Cormac is worth the eye strain!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so pumped for next week. Period.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah, only problem is my eyesight is bad and getting worse so very limited reading time. I wish I had read a lot more in life.

I suffered a detached retina a couple of years ago (I was only 35 at the time so VERY YOUNG for those types of things) and my reading isn't what it used to be either, sadly. Audiobooks have become great friends of mine.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am so pumped for next week. Period.
    You and me both. I haven't read his works and I have seen The Road and the Master Piece No Country for old men but that's it.
    I need to finish more other stuff then I will did into more of his stuf. But I am really excited about announcement next week.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I’m really sad there is no AE because chances of getting another edition are probably at zero.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I suffered a detached retina a couple of years ago (I was only 35 at the time so VERY YOUNG for those types of things) and my reading isn't what it used to be either, sadly. Audiobooks have become great friends of mine.
    I'm sorry that happened to you. Mine was a birth condition that makes my eyes jut back and forth with no control over them. Until I was 17, I had to hold my head at an angle so that they wouldn't "dance" as the doctors put it (they used me as a teaching tool for some of the potential new eye doctors). Eye surgery is not fun. I had black demon eyes for days and couldn't go outside for weeks because of the Sun. But I was able to hold my head straight after that. They still dance but only when I look to my right. Throws my balance off (stairs and ladders are not my friends and people love to watch others run into things so I've helped spread joy in the world by injuring myself many times, that's something I guess) and also I can instantly and out of nowhere have tears streaming down my face, they told me that would be a side effect and boy they weren't kidding!. I hate audiobooks, I keep trying but ugh, I miss reading big thick good books.

I'm sorry that happened to you. Mine was a birth condition that makes my eyes jut back and forth with no control over them. Until I was 17, I had to hold my head at an angle so that they wouldn't "dance" as the doctors put it (they used me as a teaching tool for some of the potential new eye doctors). Eye surgery is not fun. I had black demon eyes for days and couldn't go outside for weeks because of the Sun. But I was able to hold my head straight after that. They still dance but only when I look to my right. Throws my balance off (stairs and ladders are not my friends and people love to watch others run into things so I've helped spread joy in the world by injuring myself many times, that's something I guess) and also I can instantly and out of nowhere have tears streaming down my face, they told me that would be a side effect and boy they weren't kidding!. I hate audiobooks, I keep trying but ugh, I miss reading big thick good books.
    Wow, that sounds so traumatic -- more so for someone so young at the time. I wish there was an alternative you enjoyed though. Audiobooks have been such a saving grace for me. Sometimes I prefer them....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy, sorry to hear about that issue and how it affects your reading. I agree with Dolan, audiobooks are great. People think they are easier than reading paper but for complex writing, I had to work to make the adjustment and still do at times. They command more active attention than some may realize. Hope this option works out for you when needed.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Thank you, gentlemen. If I want to keep up with Mr. King (especially since he's "retired" now) I may have to start with his audiobooks and go from there....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Damn Tommy. Very sad to read about your condition. I don't remember but when I was sick at 9, I was blind for a while. But my sight is fine now. I know the struggle of balance though. You probably read it, but read the first post in my thread. It explains what happened to me. I wish you well my friend.

Thanks for sharing Mike, going blind is one of my biggest fears and I've been warned I might lose more sight but hopefully not go completely blind. I'm glad you came through that.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recieved notification on Feb. 26th that Heinlien artist and numbered were complete and on March 4th that LTROI numbered and 1984 numbered were complete. Any idea when these are due to ship? Extremely excited for these. Specially LTROI.

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Recieved notification on Feb. 26th that Heinlien artist and numbered were complete and on March 4th that LTROI numbered and 1984 numbered were complete. Any idea when these are due to ship? Extremely excited for these. Specially LTROI.

I don’t believe I sent an update saying LTROI Numbered was complete. At least not the bookbinding. The cases, yes. Those are done. I’m waiting on the books. These are roughly 4-6 weeks out for completion.

For the Heinlein AE’s, the books are finished and have been for a while, but we have been waiting on the slipcases to arrive so that the books can be inserted. That has now happened and the process of building boxes, inserting foam, etc. will begin soon. These will ship in roughly 4-5 weeks, hopefully sooner.

The Heinlein Numbered editions are completely done and would have shipped this week, but we ran into a snag with the cases on Starship. We have to remake the whole run because I wasn’t happy with the fit. So these are primed for shipment next, as soon as the second batch of cases come in. I’m driving the case maker hard to get them finished as soon as possible. I hope to ship these books in 3-4 weeks.

1984 Numbered books and cases are complete and the custom foam has already been ordered. I plan to ship this one immediately after the Heinlein books.

The way I see this going is that we will be shipping the Heinlein Numbered first, then the Heinlein AE’s, followed by 1984 Numbered, and then possibly LTROI Numbered.

In the middle of all this, there is also the Auctioneer and Scanner AE’s which are almost complete, as well as the Lettered Auctioneer.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

I don’t believe I sent an update saying LTROI Numbered was complete. At least not the bookbinding. The cases, yes. Those are done. I’m waiting on the books. These are roughly 4-6 weeks out for completion.

For the Heinlein AE’s, the books are finished and have been for a while, but we have been waiting on the slipcases to arrive so that the books can be inserted. That has now happened and the process of building boxes, inserting foam, etc. will begin soon. These will ship in roughly 4-5 weeks, hopefully sooner.

The Heinlein Numbered editions are completely done and would have shipped this week, but we ran into a snag with the cases on Starship. We have to remake the whole run because I wasn’t happy with the fit. So these are primed for shipment next, as soon as the second batch of cases come in. I’m driving the case maker hard to get them finished as soon as possible. I hope to ship these books in 3-4 weeks.

1984 Numbered books and cases are complete and the custom foam has already been ordered. I plan to ship this one immediately after the Heinlein books.

The way I see this going is that we will be shipping the Heinlein Numbered first, then the Heinlein AE’s, followed by 1984 Numbered, and then possibly LTROI Numbered.

In the middle of all this, there is also the Auctioneer and Scanner AE’s which are almost complete, as well as the Lettered Auctioneer.
    Thanks a lot, Paul. What a great run down. Really appreciate it. We are all very excited.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

This is music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing Mike, going blind is one of my biggest fears and I've been warned I might lose more sight but hopefully not go completely blind. I'm glad you came through that.
    So sorry for all you’ve endured. Here’s hoping you’re through the worst.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Awesome! Thanks for the update, Paul!!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

My Mood
    Cool

All the stuff you mentioned above sounds great to me Paul. Too bad about the case though, but these things happen. Can't wait to continue to fill up my Suntup bookshelf.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    So sorry for all you’ve endured. Here’s hoping you’re through the worst.

Thanks Jeff, have to spread Rep around before I can give you more!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF, hopethis is ok to post here...

I have loved The War of the Worlds since i was a young boy of 10 years old.

Getting a signed limited last year was an amazing achievement, including the extras showing Jeff Waynes art from his musical version.

This was the start of my love of War of the Worlds, that really captured my imagination, played by my teacher Keith Gardnar on his tape cassette over 4 lessons.

Loved it.

Anyway, i have been searching for a signed version of the musical to accompany/complete my Suntup HG Wells collection.

Today I received an email from the War of the Worlds Immersive Experience, which I am attending later this year, and they are selling a signed litho print of the album, signed by Jeff Wayne.

I wanted to share how happy I am at ordering one, and add the link for those who may want one to accompany your book. 250 only available, and honestly, this has made my day. I have been planning to stalk Jeff Wayne so i could send my extra part of the book for a signature, but get this for £30.

Very happy.

https://twotw.shopfirebrand.com/prod...ed-lithography
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BIG WEEK for Paul and Suntup. I just want to take a second and wish him and crew a successful release of what is considered to be a masterpiece in literature (thats if we are right of course in our guess... haha). I know how excited many of us are, so I cannot imagine how pumped he is too share this release. Congrats my friend!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG WEEK for Paul and Suntup. I just want to take a second and wish him and crew a successful release of what is considered to be a masterpiece in literature (thats if we are right of course in our guess... haha). I know how excited many of us are, so I cannot imagine how pumped he is too share this release. Congrats my friend!!!!!!
    I couldn't agree more with you, if it is what i think it will be....Than it will be huge for Paul, Suntup Editions and us all.
    Just a couple of days until the big reveal and i do wonder about who the author of the introduction will be. 🙃
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

My Mood
    Cool

Chances this makes it to Sat? Not great IMHO. It will be a staple in the ongoing Suntup Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you, if it is what i think it will be....Than it will be huge for Paul, Suntup Editions and us all.
    Just a couple of days until the big reveal and i do wonder about who the author of the introduction will be. 🙃
    Going to agree. This is such a massive accomplishment. Anyone who appreciates American letters will look at this book as a crown; rightfully so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 547 of 645 FirstFirst ... 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 597 ... LastLast