Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 254 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I have not been to these forums for a long, long time. Kinda surprised my logon still works and that I remember the password.

Anyways, came here to see what everyone is saying about the movie. I just saw it. Still digesting it.

Some things I liked, some things I can live with, and some things.... not so much.

I agree with what some others have said about the ending. Would have been nice to have some reason to go back to Mid-world. Maybe Roland should mention that the tower is still in danger? I don't know. Just seemed like it did too much. I know things are going to be out of order 'this time around' but to go grab one of the big goals from close to the ending and throw it in this movie.... a lot of what was skipped over will never come to pass. No Wolves of the Calla for instance.

Maybe King wants the rest of the movies (if there are any) to be completely new content.

Edited to add: Oh my gosh, I had completely forgot about my avatar. LOL!

Oh, I DID like the comment from Roland about how the animals 'still talk'. Hope for Oy someday.

Anyone else catch the Tet Corporation in the opening credits?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No inbetweens here... seems the club is either a 7'ish/10 or vehemently hates it while spitting venom. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been doing a lot of reading on various media the last few days about the movie. One thing that seems to keep being repeated, over and over again, is the "it's a different turn of the wheel" this time mantra. Which I really don't have an issue with. However, it strikes me that a whole current generation of possible readers of the DT books now know how it will turn out and the ending is more or less spoiled because of this movie. Whereas before, it was a loosely guarded secret or spoiler, everyone seems to have no problem talking about how Roland keeps repeating this quest over and over again and that this movie is a new version of the quest. "He's got the Horn of Eld this time!" If I hadn't read these books, starting now knowing what happens at the end would definitely put them in a different light. If not down right spoil it. IMO this is a disservice to those who haven't read the books.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, I'm giving serious thought to going to see the movie again this weekend.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm just weird (HA!) but what seemed to nag at me the most about the movie was
    Spoiler:
    the amusement park scene when Roland talked about "these ancient ruins - nobody knows what they were". The demon/monster chases after Jake and Jake jumps on the ancient monkey bars and the demon/monster is up there on the monkey bars with Jake. If these ruins were so ancient, they wouldn't support the weight of Jake and certainly wouldn't support the weight of Jake AND the demon/monster.

Did like the Pennywise at the beginning of that scene though!

Anywho, the best casting imo was the kid who played Jake. MM is dangerously approaching De Niro and Nicholson territory, meaning they are more of a caricature of their former acting self. I still would have preferred new/unknown actors were chosen for the lead roles. There was almost no hint of the high speech. I only recall hearing one "sai" and it was from one of the "village people".

For me, this was "A" Dark Tower movie, not "THE" Dark Tower movie.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

One of my disappointments is:
    Spoiler

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    One of my disappointments is:
    Spoiler

Yep! That was totally one of those WTF, smh moments.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly I am not seeing anything here that makes me want to watch this movie at the theater. The concept of the movie is unappealing to me and the trailers did nothing for me. The feedback provided here doesn't change any of this.

I may or may not see it at the theater but I am so sad that I cannot muster any excitement to go.

Traveler Ka Caplan is on a distinguished road

I've just seen the film.

If you're a fan of the books and loved them as much as I did then my advice to you is Lower your expectations.

I Just don't understand why they made the film like this.

I haven't been this disappointed since I saw Dune the first time.

In fact I am way more disappointed this time!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am completely ok with making changes and viewing it as a sequel. I went in with low expectations and an open mind. It was just a bad film. Roland and Jake were fine. Walter was horrible. The story was mangled and rushed and dear Lord that ending was a disaster. Why view this as a final redemption loop if you are going to cut out the entire choice altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I am completely ok with making changes and viewing it as a sequel. I went in with low expectations and an open mind. It was just a bad film. Roland and Jake were fine. Walter was horrible. The story was mangled and rushed and dear Lord that ending was a disaster. Why view this as a final redemption loop if you are going to cut out the entire choice altogether
    Would have been so much better for him to have sacrificed killing Walter to save Jake. Would have MEANT everything. Plus would have lead to more movies. But there was no choice.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a mediocre box for the first weekend. I expect that the hardcore fans all went this weekend and that with the awful reviews it will plunge out of sight real fast. I've decided to wait until it hits PPV.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree, why waste money going to the theater if its a pseudo-flop.... I think I'll wait for red-box.
    Money-wise it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Honestly I am not seeing anything here that makes me want to watch this movie at the theater. The concept of the movie is unappealing to me and the trailers did nothing for me. The feedback provided here doesn't change any of this.

I may or may not see it at the theater but I am so sad that I cannot muster any excitement to go.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I totally agree, why waste money going to the theater if its a pseudo-flop.... I think I'll wait for red-box.
    Money-wise it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Worth it for the scene of the tower piercing through the clouds alone.

The movie was OK. It was neat seeing the doorways, Maerlyn's grapefruits, Devar-Toi, and all the fancy gun-fu. The evolving relationship between Roland and Jake was pretty cool too.

"Stop breathing"

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Would have been so much better for him to have sacrificed killing Walter to save Jake. Would have MEANT everything. Plus would have lead to more movies. But there was no choice.
    OMG, yes. That actually never crossed my mind but that would have been SOOO much better. I just hate that they pitched a new loop with redemption then never gave him to choice.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Looks like a mediocre box for the first weekend. I expect that the hardcore fans all went this weekend and that with the awful reviews it will plunge out of sight real fast. I've decided to wait until it hits PPV.
    Honestly unless it looks like they are going to actually continue the movie series (which I am not sure of) I would just ignore it altogether.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

the friend i went with told me he saw it had bad reviews cause he looked them up. i ignored the reviews because they have hated some of the best movies out there. for example i think no country for old men was one of the worst movies i've ever seen in my life but many people love it. and no doubt people on here love it as well and that's okay they are allowed to feel that way. that's a film that i had to come home and look on the IMDB board before and ask people what the hell it meant and what happend to it's lead? man was it awful and boring. sorry when i start on that film i start to rant a bit my point is that got picture of the year when there were pictures that year that i loved that should have won but oh well i guess.

you are right about Steven D. though that part i did go WTF? and i agree people who will have never read the series will believe that's how the book is and we all know it's not. i guess it's our job to tell them that here's what's different and do spoilers if they will never read the series. but you can say that about countless books and movies on how different they are. an example is The pit and the Pendulum the (1961) version it's nothing like the short story and in fact that story isn't long enough to even make a film that's longer than maybe 15 or 20 minutes. and that was expanded on and it was done well granted but for years i thought that was how the story was until we read it in English Class when i was in high school.

i think we can all agree some of the changes were shit and were unneeded but some of them worked. i am a HUGE Cinema Snob fan and he did a review of this as well on Thursday night and i watched it last nite after i came home to stay away from spoilers but i did learn from one spoiler cause they did a live stream after the film late thursday nite.

anyways, he did make a good point, he's never read the books and he thought the film was boring but i don't think it was boring at all. but he also said that he can see without having read the books that he could tell a LOT was cut out of and that it was prolly originally a LOT longer and i actually agree with that. one thing that was cut was it was never said about Roland's mothers death or her affair with Walter either or how she died. yet they gave Steven like 2 or 3 minutes of screen time just about. that was really badly done how they got rid of his character i agree with you folks on that

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Sample size of two, but I went to DT yesterday at 10AM, and today went to Kidnap at 11AM. Twice the crowd at Kidnap.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be heading to a theater on Tuesday to watch The Dark Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

How pissed would people be if this surprises at the box office? Lol I still want the TV Show. All we can do is wait and see I guess.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Saw this today. Terrible acting from all three of the main cast. A lot of it looked cheap and so much of it was cringeworthy, especially the gunslinger's creed at the end.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    How pissed would people be if this surprises at the box office? Lol I still want the TV Show. All we can do is wait and see I guess.
    you are crazy. It is not going to "surprise at the box office" it is going to sink out of sight faster than a bombed minesweeper in Dunkirk.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    you are crazy. It is not going to "surprise at the box office" it is going to sink out of sight faster than a bombed minesweeper in Dunkirk.
    I think they will still do the show. Hay I didn't think it was amazing either. It was just "Fine" IMO. But I Still want My Wizard and Glass. Roland's past is my favorite part of the series. And I want it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 254 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 ... LastLast