Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can you guys post some pics of the Fahrenheit 451? I'm still on the fence about this one, so maybe some pics will make me change my mind.

Thanks.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post

No shipping notice, just showed up at the house.
    They did charge my account for the first payment & shipping.
    I asked for "express' shipping, which turned out to be UPS Second Day.

Karl
    Thanks Karl. I just emailed customer service again to check on the situation. After more than a week, I'd expect some kind of a communication. Even if it is only a "Thank you for your order" email.
    I, too, ordered on the first day it was mentioned on this site. I got an e-mail confirmation but have had no further communication from them and my card has not been charged. I have no idea as to the inner workings of Easton Press but I am thinking that they don't bind up all 700 copies at once, maybe 100 or so to see how it sells. I think they might have sold what they had on hand and are having another batch bound up. We will probably be in the next group and when they are ready we will see the charge on our cards and the books arrive later. At least that is what I suspect is going on. Let us know if you hear from customer service.
    Today from Easton Press Customer Service:

Hi Tim,
    Your ship date is 2/17/11 and you will see the charge soon after that.
    Thank you for your patience!
    Regards,
    Maryann
    Customer Service

No explanation as to the difference in shipping/order processing times, nor an explanation of lack of communication... but at least it should be here soon.
    I wouldn't worry too much about Easton...

Remember, they aren't a book publisher in the usual sense...they're basically a Franklin Mint collectible company with books as just one of many items, so their "customer service" is a mammoth phone bank, not somebody who knows too much about individual inventory items.

I'd like to see some pix too...I'm on the fence about buying this one now!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    I was also a Hill House Gaiman Series member.
    And I too, thought the production values were superb.
    Though SubPress is not Hill House, I have been happy, for the most part, with the price value from them.
    I was burned on the Bradbury stuff I paid for.
    How many Bradbury books did Hill House actually publish? I have The Cat's Pajamas and The Wish chapbook. Wasn't there originally a 3rd full size book?

I'm glad I never actually got around to ordering The Martian Chronicles.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am perfectly happy with my Sub Press books and would not hesitate to order from them when comfortable with the product-to-price equation.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm not going to try to quote everyone so I will just so thanks for all the great feedback. I was a little scared when I asked the question as I thought maybe it would turn into a bashing for subpress. Thank you everyone for keeping the responses positive and helpful!

After hearing all the positive responses I really....really....really...can't wait to get my first order from them...which I believe will not be until the summer.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This forum is primarily dedicated to collecting related to Stephen King. To my knowledge the only author thread we have is the Joe Hill thread. I'm not certain we are ready to have dedicated threads to any and every author in the Collecting market.
    We have the "Other Authors You Collect" thread. I am open to listening to members opinions, but this thread will likely be merged today.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think I agree with this. The Joe Hill thread should also be merged with the "Other authors...." thread as well.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, Hunter, are you, by any chance, from the woods?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first time - but i'd move the thread over to Dutch Hill. McCammon deserves his own thread and I see several threads there for other authors and not just their one book. Like I said, I could be wrong.....I still get lost in this place

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say merge it with the "Other Authors" thread. The thread in Dutch Hill is more concerned with the stories themselves and not the books, if that makes any sense.

John

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    I'm from Kentucky

Ever had Paducah Pink?

Country
    Country Flag

HAHA! Paducah Pink is ara-ma-juana-ya

Got my copy of FAHRENHEIT 451 today from Easton Press. Still not showing up on my credit card but I'm sure Easton hasn't forgotten about me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy of FAHRENHEIT 451 today from Easton Press. Still not showing up on my credit card but I'm sure Easton hasn't forgotten about me.
    Maybe they are billing you?

Bob, any chance you could post some photos of the book? I'd like to see something besides the Easton catalog pic. Thanks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Maybe they are billing you?

Bob, any chance you could post some photos of the book? I'd like to see something besides the Easton catalog pic. Thanks.
    I'll try to get some photos up on this thread in a few minutes. I submitted my cc info and asked to pay in full rather than installments. Like I said, I'm sure they will get around to getting their money from me soon enough.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Thanks, Bob.

It's a nice book and I think fans of either Bradbury, this particular book or both would like it. Full leather front and back. Gold gilt page edges. Signed, of course, by Bradbury and numbered (700 copies total). About 9 or 10 decent enough illustrations in color and black and white (about half and half) by two different artists.

Book in the slipcase.

Spine.

Front board.

Back board.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A beautiful book!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvelous. It almost looks "hot to the touch".

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Thanks, Bob. I might have to get me one of those...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Gotta say that looks terrific! Hope they actually send me a copy now. Wonder if they are indeed making them in batches. I figure that they do that with their "regular" books, but thought they would certainly print an entire limited edition in one run. Hmmm...

Question for the mods: Since the McCammon thread has been rolled over into the "Other authors....." thread, what are the thoughts on keeping the "Joe Hill, Author" thread standing separately? Is it because he is related to Stephen King? Other than that he is really no different from the hundreds (thousands?) of other published writers out there. Should that thread be merged into this one too?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always wondered that myself. Of course, I'm not a big fan of Hill's, so it doesn't really make that much difference to me one way or another.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, i need my ´cheating from GD´ money back. Then i can order this beautiful book.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like Joe Hill's books quite a bit but that doesn't mean he needs his own thread. The thing is, other authors are mostly discussed on this forum when they have a new book coming out. When there's no new book a dedicated author's thread gets little attention and will slowly drift back to the last page of The Corner. Having all 'other authors' together in a single thread keeps things nice & tidy and ensures a prominent place on the front page (IMO).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast