Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Reviews are so bad I’m passing on this one
    No way, not for this X-Men fan

Also, as the finale for a 19-year franchise, it's a must-see. (Sure, there's The New Mutants, but that's so separate, if it even comes out.)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Me too. Even the "bad" ones I enjoy. I with you mae.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen every X-Men movie in theaters, not going to change that now. Sucks that it's getting scorched on RT though.

Also a friend of mine went to the premiere Hollywood last night. She casually took a Snapchat photo with James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I've seen every X-Men movie in theaters, not going to change that now. Sucks that it's getting scorched on RT though.

Also a friend of mine went to the premiere Hollywood last night. She casually took a Snapchat photo with James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence lol.
    This isn't a shock by any means. The early screenings last year got slammed. They went back and literally reshot entire scenes and added new sequences. That's never a good sign.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. It's a bummer that the X-Men legacy under Kinberg will be that of missing more than it hit.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess that I must not be as critical as most people. I just got home from watching Dark Phoenix and honestly don't know why it is rated so low. I'm not blind so I know it's not a great work of art or anything but 22%! It's not that bad. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is by far the worst of the X-Men movies and its has a 37. Maybe the recent Avengers movie spoiled these guys or something.

Edit: The audience score is 67% so maybe it's just the critics. This seems to be the biggest difference in scores between all the X-Men movies.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Hope your right Rube. I plan on seeing it next Tues.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like if Fox would have followed the plan that the director of First Class had then this would have turned out better.

The article exaggerates the impact but there are still good points to it.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-first-cl...etter-mcu/amp/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

This isn't a shock by any means. The early screenings last year got slammed. They went back and literally reshot entire scenes and added new sequences. That's never a good sign.
    Yes the screenings went poorly and they decided to reshoot but apparently a lot of the movie was refilmed so it didn't end like Captain Marvel (woman with fiery superpowers destroying an alien fleet.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...-fox-xmen/amp/

If they would have put it out first without the reshoots, I wonder what (if anything) Marvel would have done to Captain Marvel.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

RT% means next to nothing anyways.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I don't understand all the dislike. I loved it. Great acting, amazing score, awesome display of powers, Phoenix being Phoenix and glorious. Emotional. One of the best of the franchise for me.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'm almost certainly going to see this eventually, but I can't say that I'm excited for it. Apocalypse was a train wreck and the trailers for this didn't look much better. There seems to be this narrative going around that the X-Men movies are mostly bad with a few times they got lucky. I really don't understand that though. To me it's the other way around they are mostly good (or passable) with a few times where they completely missed the mark. X3, Wolverine Origins (or whatever it's called) and Apocalypse are all pretty bad. X-Men, X2, The Wolverine, Logan, First Class, and Days of Future Past were all good or at least passable (in my opinion).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes, I don't understand all the dislike. I loved it. Great acting, amazing score, awesome display of powers, Phoenix being Phoenix and glorious. Emotional. One of the best of the franchise for me.
    OK... SO FROM THIS POST I am going to see it. IT HAS TO BE AMAZING For it to be better than John Wick 3. I am not kidding.. I JUST bought tickets for Wednesday night. If... and I mean IF this is NOT better than Wick 3... you lose ALL credibility for me when it comes to movies!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It is not amazing. It could have been if they had played the long game that Vaughn wanted. That was to introduce her in his proposed movie after First Class where they fight Magneto over assassinating Kennedy, get to know her more and build her powers up in Days of Future Past that was suppose to be the third movie instead of Apocalypse, and then make her go dark in this movie. I liked First Class and loved Days of Future Past which were both mainly his scripts. He walked because Fox decided they didn't like his second movie as much as Days of Future Past and skipped to it (This is all in the first article I posted up the thread a bit.)

It was still decent and worth the watch. I particularly liked the train fight even if the villains are a little bland.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I saw Dark Phoenix over the weekend. Honestly I didn't think it was bad. It was a big improvement over Apocalypse, but over all it was average. Nothing special, nothing terrible either. The biggest problem is that outside of one emotional thing, the rest weren't earned as the story focuses around Scott / Jean and Jean / Charles's relationships but the characters haven't really been around long enough for us to care. Had Scott and Jean been in the movies since First Class it might have been a different story, but they were introduced in Apocalypse and the story beats wanted us to care about them like they've been there from the start.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the film yet, but I get the impression Fox was banking on our familiarity with Jean and Scott's long standing relationship in the comics would translate over to the silver screen and lend the proceedings some credence. Unfortunately for them it didn't pan out that way.
    Last edited by fernandito; 01-06-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly shocked this is actually coming out. I hope they got it figured out and it's not just a trash fire of reshoots / recuts or a too many cooks situation.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I know absolutely nothing about the X-men other than the movies. So is this set in the same universe as them? Is this set after they are all gone?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about the X-men other than the movies. So is this set in the same universe as them? Is this set after they are all gone?
    I don't know how they're playing it in this movie. In the comics this would've been in the same universe. My guess is in the movie they probably won't refrence the x-men at all, they'll just talk about mutants. Kinda the way the FX show Legion did it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I don't know how they're playing it in this movie. In the comics this would've been in the same universe. My guess is in the movie they probably won't refrence the x-men at all, they'll just talk about mutants. Kinda the way the FX show Legion did it.
    The Gifted did the same thing.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Honestly shocked this is actually coming out. I hope they got it figured out and it's not just a trash fire of reshoots / recuts or a too many cooks situation.
    I hope the same thing. Of course, reshoots in and of themselves are not a bad thing. But when they are used to radically change the movie into something else without cleaning up the loose ends ...

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have ZERO faith in this film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, the new trailer looks really cool and scary, and Josh Boone said recently this is his cut.

Country
    Country Flag

Supposedly you can see Lockheed in this trailer... I guess Boone decided "What the Hell. This is the end of the X-men for awhile anyway. Let's throw whatever we want in."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast