• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 289 of 321 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Have you guys played the RE3 demo yet? I haven't but heard it's pretty kick ass and Nemesis is one bad SOB.
    Not yet, but if the masterpiece that is the RE2 remake is anything to go by, we're in for one hell of a ride. Can't wait to see what they do with Nemesis here.
    I may get to it later this evening.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm playing Doom Eternal and loving it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I'm playing Doom Eternal and loving it.
    My kid said it was awesome and burned through it in a day I think.

Played the RE3 demo last night and it's awesome! Not timed like the RE2 demo so you can play it over and over. Nemesis is one bad MF.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Any fan of Doom or FPSs in general should enjoy DE. That thing is engineered to impress.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I got my Switch I have been blowing through games. I had a blast with Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. They did such a fantastic job with that game paying homage to retro games like Wonder Boy. The puzzles and platforming are amazing. I also beat the Indie sensation The Messenger. Again, this game is paying homage to games like Ninja Gaiden. The game is wickedly funny and about halfway through it turns into something entirely different that really elevates the game for me.

I'm currently playing Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap and I'm having a lot of fun with that one as well. After that, I hope to dive into Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike depending on how much $ you're willing to spend, get Zelda: BOTW. Guarantee you'll drop at least 80 hours into that.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike depending on how much $ you're willing to spend, get Zelda: BOTW. Guarantee you'll drop at least 80 hours into that.
    That's my worry. I'm finding that I end up puttering out on those open-world games. I find myself just exploring more than anything. That's why I think I'm enjoying the 3 Switch games I have. They all feature a pretty straight forward adventures. I do plan on buying that one though.

I took a crack at my favorite games of the last decade. I will preface this by saying that last decade I played a ton of online games, which took me away from single-player games. Also, I really leaned into retro gaming last decade, so a lot of my time was dedicated to that. Either way, I feel I still played some great games.

1) The Last of Us
    2) Uncharted 3 & 4
    3) Bioshock Infinite
    4) Grand Theft Auto V
    5) Horizon Zero Dawn
    6) Valiant Hearts: The Great War
    7) Bioshock 2
    8 ) Red Dead Redemption 2
    9) Assassin's Creed III
    10) Dead Space 2
    11)Mass Effect 2
    12) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    13) The Messenger
    14) Shovel Knight
    15) Beyond: Two Souls

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I downloaded Doom Eternal when it was available and played enough to know it works on this computer. I am notoriously slow - trying to finish the last installment of Halo before getting into Doom.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That's my worry. I'm finding that I end up puttering out on those open-world games. I find myself just exploring more than anything. That's why I think I'm enjoying the 3 Switch games I have. They all feature a pretty straight forward adventures. I do plan on buying that one though.
    I feel you, sometimes I'm not in the mood for all-encompassing 100 hour open world games and just want something straight forward. Zelda is special though, it's one of the contenders of games of the last decade for a reason.

I took a crack at my favorite games of the last decade. I will preface this by saying that last decade I played a ton of online games, which took me away from single-player games. Also, I really leaned into retro gaming last decade, so a lot of my time was dedicated to that. Either way, I feel I still played some great games.

1) The Last of Us
    2) Uncharted 3 & 4
    3) Bioshock Infinite
    4) Grand Theft Auto V
    5) Horizon Zero Dawn
    6) Valiant Hearts: The Great War
    7) Bioshock 2
    8 ) Red Dead Redemption 2
    9) Assassin's Creed III
    10) Dead Space 2
    11)Mass Effect 2
    12) Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    13) The Messenger
    14) Shovel Knight
    15) Beyond: Two Souls
    Not bad... the only glaring omission I see is God of War. That game is technical wonder and a towering achievement that you'll probably throw up there TLoU and Bioshock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I downloaded Doom Eternal when it was available and played enough to know it works on this computer. I am notoriously slow - trying to finish the last installment of Halo before getting into Doom.
    I have a tremendous backlog that I'm playing through rn, but Doom:Eternal will be one of the very first games I pick up once I make headway.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have loved the God of War franchise since day 1. I've played all of the games, but I have not bought that one yet. My cousin said he was going to let me borrow it, so I was holding off. Then that never happened and I just haven't gotten around to buying it. I do own the RE2 remake, but I haven't played it yet. It's next up.

Country
    Country Flag

I have loved the God of War franchise since day 1. I've played all of the games, but I have not bought that one yet. My cousin said he was going to let me borrow it, so I was holding off. Then that never happened and I just haven't gotten around to buying it. I do own the RE2 remake, but I haven't played it yet. It's next up.
    RE2 was just ok for me. But it did open the door for the RE3 remake which is my favorite RE game in the franchise. I really enjoyed RE4 also but it's a mainly shooter vs survival.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

RE2 was just ok for me. But it did open the door for the RE3 remake which is my favorite RE game in the franchise. I really enjoyed RE4 also but it's mainly shooter vs survival.
    Are you talking about the original RE2 or the remake?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

RE2 the original is probably still my favorite RE game.

Country
    Country Flag

RE2 was just ok for me. But it did open the door for the RE3 remake which is my favorite RE game in the franchise. I really enjoyed RE4 also but it's mainly shooter vs survival.
    Are you talking about the original RE2 or the remake?
    The remake, although it was beautifully done. I enjoy the RE3 story more.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the RE2 story was much better told, RE3 is famous because of Nemesis.

Country
    Country Flag

I think the RE2 story was much better told, RE3 is famous because of Nemesis.
    Probably true. Guess I'm just partial to the old SOB.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a backlog of games the length of a CVS receipt, but the temptation to purchase RE3 is driving me insane...

Country
    Country Flag

I have a backlog of games the length of a CVS receipt, but the temptation to purchase RE3 is driving me insane...
    I'm about 4 hours in and loving it! I'll probably tack on another 3 or so this morning before I hit the rack. That said, having played it again, I completely agree with you assessment story wise about RE2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There has never been and likely never will be a better game than Thief:

Country
    Country Flag

Always wanted to play that one but never got around to it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    There has never been and likely never will be a better game than Thief:

Says the PC gamer that has never played The Last of Us.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No but I've watched some let's plays. It's definitely good. But Thief was revolutionary. That word gets tossed around but in this case it's actually true. The original game came out in 1998 and fan missions are still being made and played to this day, 22 years later! And just from an overall design aesthetic it's never been matched, in my opinion. The mood and sound design is otherworldly and again unmatched in games. If one never played it back when it originally came out, I understand looking back and playing it now is a different experience. But it's like movies. Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai are rightly often called the best films ever made because they are, despite the limitations of their age. So we have to appreciate them and not compare to new movies because filming technologies and acting styles were so different back then.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No but I've watched some let's plays. It's definitely good. But Thief was revolutionary. That word gets tossed around but in this case it's actually true. The original game came out in 1998 and fan missions are still being made and played to this day, 22 years later! And just from an overall design aesthetic it's never been matched, in my opinion. The mood and sound design is otherworldly and again unmatched in games. If one never played it back when it originally came out, I understand looking back and playing it now is a different experience. But it's like movies. Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai are rightly often called the best films ever made because they are, despite the limitations of their age. So we have to appreciate them and not compare to new movies because filming technologies and acting styles were so different back then.
    I can see where you're coming from. I played it on PS3 and at that point there were tons of games like it, so it really didn't stand out for me as anything that special.

Country
    Country Flag

I can see where you're coming from. I played it on PS3 and at that point there were tons of games like it, so it really didn't stand out for me as anything that special.
    You might be thinking of the 2014 reboot, the art for which is used as the YouTube picture. No, I mean the PC-only Thief from 1998 and its 2000 sequel Thief 2. If you haven't yet, watch the video, it's one of the best recent ones I watched on talking about what made Thief so great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You might be thinking of the 2014 reboot, the art for which is used as the YouTube picture. No, I mean the PC-only Thief from 1998 and its 2000 sequel Thief 2. If you haven't yet, watch the video, it's one of the best recent ones I watched on talking about what made Thief so great.
    I'll take a look at it. I am talking about the reboot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 289 of 321 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 ... LastLast