Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 441 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just watched Parasite last night, and really loved it. I'm glad it won Best Picture, I think it was deserving of the award.
    I enjoyed Parasite, but there were several other films that deserved the best picture honor. Will American films now be included in the international best picture category? Fair is fair right?
    That weren't nominated, or of the ones that were? Out of the nominated ones I've only seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (really enjoyed), The Joker (great movie), and Little Women (didn't care for). I do want to see Jojo Rabbit, but I have no desire to see any of the others.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Parasite last night, and really loved it. I'm glad it won Best Picture, I think it was deserving of the award.
    I enjoyed Parasite, but there were several other films that deserved the best picture honor. Will American films now be included in the international best picture category? Fair is fair right?
    That weren't nominated, or of the ones that were? Out of the nominated ones I've only seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (really enjoyed), The Joker (great movie), and Little Women (didn't care for). I do want to see Jojo Rabbit, but I have no desire to see any of the others.
    Joker was a better film than Parasite. In 20 years let’s ask ourselves this... what film will reach classic status? While I was surprised at how good Parasite was... it will be forgotten someday. I do not believe Joker will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Joker was a better film than Parasite. In 20 years let’s ask ourselves this... what film will reach classic status? While I was surprised at how good Parasite was... it will be forgotten someday. I do not believe Joker will be.
    Easiest question ever, Parasite obviously. Parasite doesn't need 'years from now', it's a classic right now.

Yeah Phoenix won best actor (deservedly), but Joker is a character that we've seen countless times before. Parasite will be remembered throughout the annals of Hollywood history as the film that broke the deadlock and forced Hollywood to recognize films beyond home soil with the ultimate prize.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Easiest question ever, Parasite obviously. Parasite doesn't need 'years from now', it's a classic right now.

Yeah Phoenix won best actor (deservedly), but Joker is a character that we've seen countless times before. Parasite will be remembered throughout the annals of Hollywood history as the film that broke the deadlock and forced Hollywood to recognize films beyond home soil.
    Let’s chat in 20 then. Right now a classic? Laughable

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this one of those times were you give questionable opinions and don't back them up with anything remotely substantial?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course Joker will be more remembered. It made over a billion dollars and was seen by tens of millions of people and is based off one of the most iconic characters in pop culture history. More people remember a total piece of shit like Weekend at Bernies than great films from the time period too.

Parasite is a much better film than Joker and I really like Joker. Joker has A LOT of detractors and people who think it's crap and or just average. I've never heard anyone say Parasite was crap. Most people thought it was one of the best movies of the year, if not the best movie of the year.

Both films will no doubt be considered classic, but history will favour Parasite way way more than Joker.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Yeah Phoenix won best actor (deservedly), but Joker is a character that we've seen countless times before. Parasite will be remembered throughout the annals of Hollywood history as the film that broke the deadlock and forced Hollywood to recognize films beyond home soil.
    Let’s chat in 20 then. Right now a classic? Laughable

I don't believe any movies this year are going to be considered classics. Joker perhaps in the comic genre behind the Nolan trilogy and I would push hard for this statement. But when I think of classics I think of Jaws, Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, The Thing, Dr. Strangelove, Alien, Animal House, Big Lebowski....movies of that nature. Shout out to Breaking Bad, The Office, Seinfeld too, though not movies.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Is this one of those times were you give questionable opinions and don't back them up with anything remotely substantial?
    That’s right, be a dick to me cause I don’t agree with you and have my own opinions. How silly of me. BUT here is what I think... because of the shit (woman, race, etc) surrounding the Oscars... this was a play to calm everyone’s tits. What better way to stop the groaning? Why do I need to back anything up? It’s my opinion. I didn’t think Parasite was a better film. End of story.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree. Joker will be remembered for years to come. Mainly because the film has already been made two times before. I'm looking at you King of Comedy and Taxi Driver.

I really enjoyed Joker, but it's not as good as Parasite in my opinion.

As for the Kims in Parasite, I don't think they were evil at all. They could have just gone in there and jacked all their shit. They got jobs and were compensated for it. I also don't believe they ever intended to
    Spoiler:
    kill the family in the basement.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I totally agree. Joker will be remembered for years to come. Mainly because the film has already been made two times before. I'm looking at you King of Comedy and Taxi Driver.

As for the Kims in Parasite, I don't think they were evil at all. They could have just gone in there and jacked all their shit. They got jobs and were compensated for it. I also don't believe they ever intended to
    Spoiler:

Evil...maybe not. Seriously deranged? Definitely. Between
    Spoiler:
    counterfeiting, assault, dating an underage girl (and reading her diary), costing people their jobs, and inducing horrible allergies only to claim it's tuberculosis to steal her job, and abusing their roles to eat/drink the Park's stuff
    I'd say they're not good people.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    So why was he heading downstairs with the rock? I think that was definitely his initial intent. Would he have followed through with it when confronted with the reality of the situation, maybe not? But I did like the twist that it was then him assaulted with the rock. The daughter seemed like she was upset and wanted to help the couple, yet she's the one that ends up dead.

And evil might be a strong word, but they were definitely not good people. They were all con artists, and I'm not sure they felt any remorse for the harm they caused to everyone
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

On another note:
    Watched The Gentlemen yesterday, loved it. Fun. Not gonna win any awards but if you liked Snatch then this is a must.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Next movie I am really rooting for is Quiet Place 2. I loved the first one.... I hope we get a really great follow up!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Of course Joker will be more remembered. It made over a billion dollars and was seen by tens of millions of people...

...Both films will no doubt be considered classic, but history will favour Parasite way way more than Joker.
    Wait, so which one is it? Joker or Parasite?

You and Matt are both gravely underestimating the cultural zeitgeist currently in place and the potentially seismic ripples this can cause in the film-world moving forward. A world that has generally favored whites. Next year if another "international film" is among those competing for top honors the conversation will not be about Joker, it will be about Parasite being a trailblazer. This effect will compound the more and more foreign films get nominated. The genesis will always be traced back to Parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    On another note:
    Watched The Gentlemen yesterday, loved it. Fun. Not gonna win any awards but if you liked Snatch then this is a must.
    That's at the top of my to watch list for Feb. As soon as I'm back from my trip, to the theater I go. So glad Ritchie is back playing in the sandbox he's so great at.

Next movie I am really rooting for is Quiet Place 2. I loved the first one.... I hope we get a really great follow up!
    Hell yeah, I'm super stoked for that. Curious to see how much Krasinski has matured into a story teller. Emily Blunt will knock it out of the ballpark, as usual.

Country
    Country Flag

Hell yeah, I'm super stoked for that. Curious to see how much Krasinski has matured into a story teller. Emily Blunt will knock it out of the ballpark, as usual.[/QUOTE]

I have grown to really like his work. I liked him in the Office too but all his stuff I have been a fan of lately. His show (Jack Ryan) is really well done too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol they changed the name of Birds of Prey

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You and Matt are both gravely underestimating the cultural zeitgeist currently in place and the potentially seismic ripples this can cause in the film-world moving forward. A world that has generally favored whites. Next year if another "international film" is among those competing for top honors the conversation will not be about Joker, it will be about Parasite being a trailblazer. This effect will compound the more and more foreign films get nominated. The genesis will always be traced back to Parasite.
    You missed the point of my post. I'm basically saying there's nothing that memorable about Joker because the film has been made two times before. l'm well aware of the significance of Parasite winning Best Picture.

Phoenix is the best part of Joker and his performance will certainly be remembered, but the film itself is really good but not amazing.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Ford Vs Ferrari yesterday and I have to say it was one of the best films I've seen. Still need to see Parasite, 1917 and a few others but I see why Ford Vs Ferrari is getting the accolades it is.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Watched Ford Vs Ferrari yesterday and I have to say it was one of the best films I've seen. Still need to see Parasite, 1917 and a few others but I see why Ford Vs Ferrari is getting the accolades it is.
    Love it also
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I am not a racing fan at all and Ford V Ferrari I thought was amazing as well as the acting. Joker was beyond impressive. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a bit long but Leo and Brad were fantastic. Little Women I turned off lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    So why was he heading downstairs with the rock? I think that was definitely his initial intent. Would he have followed through with it when confronted with the reality of the situation, maybe not? But I did like the twist that it was then him assaulted with the rock. The daughter seemed like she was upset and wanted to help the couple, yet she's the one that ends up dead.

And evil might be a strong word, but they were definitely not good people. They were all con artists, and I'm not sure they felt any remorse for the harm they caused to everyone
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I don't think they had much remorse either, which I why I had difficulty caring about them succeeding or failing. I think it's interesting that the film makes it clear that the Kims see themselves as the victims of the story, but I also wonder, like you said, if we're supposed to root for them. I also think "Kevin" was definitely going to the basement to kill one of them.

And to add my voice to the conversation, I think Parasite will be remembered as being a "ceiling-breaker" in terms of being the first foreign language film to win BP, but as a film I don't really see it attaining a classic status. Or Joker, for that matter. Maybe for Phoenix's performance, but not the film as a whole.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I don't think they had much remorse either, which I why I had difficulty caring about them succeeding or failing. I think it's interesting that the film makes it clear that the Kims see themselves as the victims of the story, but I also wonder, like you said, if we're supposed to root for them. I also think "Kevin" was definitely going to the basement to kill one of them.

And to add my voice to the conversation, I think Parasite will be remembered as being a "ceiling-breaker" in terms of being the first foreign language film to win BP, but as a film I don't really see it attaining a classic status. Or Joker, for that matter. Maybe for Phoenix's performance, but not the film as a whole.
    But if Joker leads to a collection of grounded, dramatic comic adaptations it could be seen as a influential film too. As the most successful comic book film of all time, you know some are coming.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Birds of Prey

I actually really enjoyed it. Need to think on it a little bit more, but knee jerk reaction is that I had a blast at the theaters. Will post a more thorough review later...

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone seen Sonic yet?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not yet, but I'm hoping to catch it sometime next week. Sonic was a huge part of my life growing up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 441 FirstFirst ... 273 323 363 371 372 373 374 375 383 423 ... LastLast