49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Wondering how many people know about Schrödinger's Cat as a result of The Big Bang Theory.

For me it was Stargate SG1.
    From a novel by Robert Anton Wilson, called "The Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy", actually. Very odd, yet interesting book.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my jacket today. It has some crinks and bumps on it :-(

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Contact Bill and let him know. I'm sure he will make good.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I had that issue when I got my S/L copy of The Providence Rider (which they are still selling) and was told they they couldn't replace it because they didn't have an extra. Hopefully, they ordered extra for The Shining in case something like this happened.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'm sure they will but just a bit bummed out cos I've already had issues getting the book. The first one was returned by UK shipping company so PS had to send a replacement book, so it's a Shane in going to have to ask them to send a second jacket too. Not sure they have made any money out of me in this one lol

**EDIT** I have to say that Josh at SP has been excellent to deal with.
    Last edited by Jimimck; 07-07-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: getting my PS and SP's mixed up

Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

Hey all,

I hope you're doing well.

Just a quick drive-by to let you know that we have the replacement cases for THE SHINING and are working them into our shipping schedule. We haven't finalized the ship date yet, as my business partner has to put together names, addresses, and labels, but I expect we'll be sending the cases in the next two weeks. We'll also send out the coupon codes in the same timeframe.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Best,

Bill
    Subterranean Press

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the update.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my coupon code this morning, works like a charm. Convenient in that I needed to pre-order a $40 book sooner rather than later.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine too. Need to go shopping later...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Got mine too and used it but I've been getting bounce back emails from subpress website, some damn thing yahoo! has implemented that I really don't understand, I don't guess anyone else is having this problem?

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Just exchanged an email with Bill about 10 min ago, actually.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know I gotta say... I am glad they sent out this dust jacket. It makes this king book so unique that there is no words at all! Not a one.... It really matches the blues and tones of the book. My hats off to you Sub P for a well done addition to the book.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I was going to use my $40 to buy extra jackets, but Bill just said they are not for sale. if any body needs anything let me know. I see NOTHING else i need. I only collect Stephen KIng.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bill was very helpful and patient with me in resolving an issue I had so much thanks to him for that!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I put the jacket on mine yesterday and was really worried about folding it wrong but it was ok.

Thought it looked alright but then I put it in the traycase and wow, perfect!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm very happy with mine (and THANKS again, Brad - SierraKiloCollector)!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Did anyone who put the jacket on crease the folds like on normal DJ's?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's lovely, Siep!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Yep. It's a dust jacket, so I made sure it fit like any other dust jacket.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Me too. Used a measuring tape... measured 20 times (lol) and did it like any other... no issues and MAN it looks good.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

wheres the brodart!!! you know there is going to be color transfer!!!!!

My Mood
    Asleep

i recently purchased s/l talisman and rearranged my shelf, then i got a s/l salems lot, more re arranging.

so the story goes... i woke up at 3 am trying to remember what book is now sitting next to my shining s/l and it turns out it was the talisman. you know we have to worry about color transfer so i quickly moved my cloth covered talisman away from the very blue shining! i dont want infection!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

That really looks great!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Me too. Used a measuring tape... measured 20 times (lol) and did it like any other... no issues and MAN it looks good.
    Since you have done it "20 times", share the measurements please.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Measuring?......we don' need no stinkin' measuring!

I have done two very successfully by wrapping the DJ around the book, and then bringing the ends together end to end, and then carefully "suspend" the book an inch over the table I am working on to see how it "hangs".

If the book "hangs" straight up and down, it is centered....if not I make a small adjustment.

Once centered, I lay the book gently on its side to hold the DJ in place, and the tuck one side in, and then flip the book over to tuck the other side in.

Easy as pie.

Also, since this DJ has no text or borders, it is VERY forgiving....you could be off by a 1/4" and you would not even notice.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 LastLast