Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1256 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 256 756 1156 1206 1246 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1266 ... LastLast
Results 31,376 to 31,400 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

NICE! Congrats!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The gift is for staff. Sorry.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Received an awesome gift from the boss today...

That’s really neat! Congrats!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sweet
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful. Well Done. Thoughtful.

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some fun ones I wanted to share! All really well done books.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The lettered Revival portfolio is super nice and that's a great gift for staff members, Jerome. Very classy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an awesome staff gift to get, congratulations! 😎
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Just arrived, and Bill was nice enough to match my number very late in the game to my number for Neuromancer:

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Just arrived, and Bill was nice enough to match my number very late in the game to my number for Neuromancer:
    How is the artwork in person? While I know these are long gone, debating tracking down a copy on the secondary market - but not sold on the artwork. Front piece looks nice though.

Some great stories in the volume, but I always seem to come back to 'The Winter Market' as a favorite. Of the non-Sprawl stories - 'Dogfight' is a really nasty piece of work and 'The Belonging Kind' has grown on me over the years as well.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    How is the artwork in person? While I know these are long gone, debating tracking down a copy on the secondary market - but not sold on the artwork. Front piece looks nice though.

Some great stories in the volume, but I always seem to come back to 'The Winter Market' as a favorite. Of the non-Sprawl stories - 'Dogfight' is a really nasty piece of work and 'The Belonging Kind' has grown on me over the years as well.
    I’m very pleased with the art, especially The Winter Market.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Damn, I wish I’d thought to do that! What a great idea!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Damn, I wish I’d thought to do that! What a great idea!
    I don’t think it ultimately means anything, but I find it satisfying.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So I figured I’d post a pic of my meager “collection” and amuse the long term collectors on this site of my naïveté while first deciding to wade into collecting Stephen King books (which came into being as my obsession with The Dark Tower series grew with each book after I started them in early 2019...I just recently finished WotC so still on my first journey.)

I had completely fallen in love with the series by the time I finished W&G but I knew it was something special as early as TDotT. Having decided I wanted a nice set of the books I headed to Amazon but refuse to buy books branded with “Now a Major Motion Picture!”

I eventually found a gorgeous leather-bound set on Etsy and came close to pulling the trigger a few times until discovering the original hardcovers each had full-page color artwork in them. After confirming the Etsy set did not have them I decided to get the original books. My thought was, “I know! I’ll take that $400 and get a nice copy of the first edition of The Gunslinger and then get the others at used book stores.” Oh my sweet summer child. Thus started my education on the value of Stephen King books and collectible books in general. I’ve been amazed at the beautiful editions I see posted here and how much lettered editions go for. I truly had no idea that book collecting could be such an expensive hobby or that publishers put out such intricate editions.

So the King shelf on my single paltry bookcase consisted only of Cycle of the Werewolf and The Mist novella until a few weeks ago. I’ve read/listened to other King but didn’t own them. Since then I started tracking down DT books and any other King novel that ties in. Insomnia is in the mail but shown here is what I have so far. Plus I grabbed Revival as I keep hearing how good it is. Most other books here are art or lore books from various nerdy crap I’m into. Until the path of the beam came along I never really thought about collecting books or even keeping the ones I read (and over the past five years I’ve really gotten into audio books as I commute for work or go on road trips.)

The funny thing is I was so excited to find WotC and SoS at a used bookstore just a few weeks ago but am now already looking to replace them since I rapidly picked up excellent copies of all the other DT books. Thanks to TnTzDad here I was able to knock out the Viking first editions of I-IV. Someday I do hope to get a F or NF copy of the Grant release of The Gunslinger, though probably second edition...we’ll see .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    So I figured I’d post a pic of my meager “collection” and amuse the long term collectors on this site of my naïveté while first deciding to wade into collecting Stephen King books (which came into being as my obsession with The Dark Tower series grew with each book after I started them in early 2019...I just recently finished WotC so still on my first journey.)

I had completely fallen in love with the series by the time I finished W&G but I knew it was something special as early as TDotT. Having decided I wanted a nice set of the books I headed to Amazon but refuse to buy books branded with “Now a Major Motion Picture!”

I eventually found a gorgeous leather-bound set on Etsy and came close to pulling the trigger a few times until discovering the original hardcovers each had full-page color artwork in them. After confirming the Etsy set did not have them I decided to get the original books. My thought was, “I know! I’ll take that $400 and get a nice copy of the first edition of The Gunslinger and then get the others at used book stores.” Oh my sweet summer child. Thus started my education on the value of Stephen King books and collectible books in general. I’ve been amazed at the beautiful editions I see posted here and how much lettered editions go for. I truly had no idea that book collecting could be such an expensive hobby or that publishers put out such intricate editions.

So the King shelf on my single paltry bookcase consisted only of Cycle of the Werewolf and The Mist novella until a few weeks ago. I’ve read/listened to other King but didn’t own them. Since then I started tracking down DT books and any other King novel that ties in. Insomnia is in the mail but shown here is what I have so far. Plus I grabbed Revival as I keep hearing how good it is. Most other books here are art or lore books from various nerdy crap I’m into. Until the path of the beam came along I never really thought about collecting books or even keeping the ones I read (and over the past five years I’ve really gotten into audio books as I commute for work or go on road trips.)

The funny thing is I was so excited to find WotC and SoS at a used bookstore just a few weeks ago but am now already looking to replace them since I rapidly picked up excellent copies of all the other DT books. Thanks to TnTzDad here I was able to knock out the Viking first editions of I-IV. Someday I do hope to get a F or NF copy of the Grant release of The Gunslinger, though probably second edition...we’ll see .

Nice collection Pere Jere, thanks for posting.
    BTW, I’ve never said hi, welcome to the DT.org

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post

See you recieved your WTTKH! NIce! Congrats on your start.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats...runaway. Teasing, so fun collecting and the roads it leads to.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a nice shelf !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Pere Jere. That’s a nice shelf - stay around here long enough, and it’ll get even nicer...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome and congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a nice little shipment today, fifteen minutes later i received a remarque on a bookplate done by Jason Mowry for Red Dragon.

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks!

Here's some extra pictures of what's inside the traycase of A Princess of Mars.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks!

Here's some extra pictures of what's inside the traycase of A Princess of Mars.

Beautiful stuff! Congrats.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Mom used to buy these at the grocery store each month and when I came home to visit from college she would present them to me (already read by her). I could have bought them on my own, of course, but it just became our thing for 6 months. Glad to have something nice to store them in now. Well done by Garrell. Thanks, Sir.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1256 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 256 756 1156 1206 1246 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1266 ... LastLast