Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 388 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could also add:

DT II Plume proof - NF
    DT III Plume Proof - NF

Do you think a package or selling individually would be more appealing?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

I would think only offering them as a package deal would limit the buyers. It would be priced way above the average collector and wouldn't appeal to people who only need/want one or two of the books. Just my opinion though.

Nate

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That would certainly let someone like me into the running but I understand moving them as a package makes sure that all sell if any.

But I agree with Nate, breaking them up does allow for a bit of variety as far as who can buy them

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You could definitely achieve a higher rate of return if you sold them separately and managed to sell them all!

You could also list them individually but somehow give the buyers the option to purchase more than one item at some sort of reduced rate. you knkow buy one for 100% - buy two for 90% of indiiv prices; three for 85% of indiv prices. Something along those lines!

That way you may even garner more bids as you attract botht he individual looking for one set piece and the collector looking to bulk buy a piece of a collection.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't even get a single bid at $200 for an DT IV ARC with artwork, so I would assume it would be a good amount less without.
    Then again, some people get crazy over shrinkwrap.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I couldn't even get a single bid at $200 for an DT IV ARC with artwork, so I would assume it would be a good amount less without.
    Then again, some people get crazy over shrinkwrap.
    Scoogs...I've been watching your auctions and was indeed quite surprised by the lack of interest. What's wrong with people these days. I was wishing you better luck.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input. I like the package idea (it appeals to me anyway), but I know you are right in that I'd get a higher total if sold seperately.

My wheels are slowly getting in motion to sell a TON of books that are really extras for me or for which I have nicer copies that I intend to keep.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

My wheels are slowly getting in motion to sell a TON of books that are really extras for me or for which I have nicer copies that I intend to keep.
    I need to do that too. I've got so many extras. The problem is finding the time. Taking nice photos and listing the books properly on eBay is VERY time consuming.....at least it is for me. I always seem to find a reason to put it off for a few more weeks (months, years).

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I need to do that too. I've got so many extras. The problem is finding the time. Taking nice photos and listing the books properly on eBay is VERY time consuming.....at least it is for me. I always seem to find a reason to put it off for a few more weeks (months, years).

EXACTLY!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be on top of a lot of that you guys, its all affording it to me. But the kids are on their way out.

I don't have hard back copies of most of the books and I would love to flesh out my collection a bit. I guess I'm saying I hope we know here that they are up if it happens.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would be on top of a lot of that you guys, its all affording it to me. But the kids are on their way out.

I don't have hard back copies of most of the books and I would love to flesh out my collection a bit. I guess I'm saying I hope we know here that they are up if it happens.
    Matt-

I will likely list a bunch of more "common" books here on DTbay as their price points will be more appealing. Any "serious" stuff will likely go on eBay (I have NEVER sold there before) but I will be sure to give people here a heads up, in case they want to look them over. I hope to get some things organized over this long weekend, but you know how time goes...kids need something, wife needs something, regular chores to do, spur-of-the-moment going to the movies etc. You get the picture.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys sell on dtBay, please remember to post in the thread to help get word out to people. Also add a line in your signature about it.

In fact, if I were an eBay seller, I'd put a link to my eBay page in my sig as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David -

I'd love to see a list of what you're moving out!

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

You know you busy guys could just consign your books to someone who has more time to spend listing books on ebay. I'm sure there's a few "respectable" sellers out there that would love to get there hands on some of your "extra" books. (And maybe your artwork) Just a Thought.........
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    You know you busy guys could just consign your books to someone who has more time to spend listing books on ebay. I'm sure there's a few "respectable" sellers out there that would love to get there hands on some of your "extra" books. (And maybe your artwork) Just a Thought.........
    Been there, done that. Felt like I got ripped off. I'm older and wiser now.

Still, if you just can't find the time I guess it is a reasonable solution for some.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    Greg-

I thought about that, but some consigners take as much as 30%-50% of the price for themselves. I think I'll venture out on my own...I'm not in a rush

...and Eric, I need to go through my books and cull out those that I want to sell (i.e., make a list). I can almost say for certain that I will have 2 Prime Evil S/Ls (US), a S/L Desperation or two, a S/L Black House or two, various DT proofs/ARCs (you already got a W&G from me). Then I have my partial DT sets to sell eventually. I don't know, but I'm guessing I can easily come up with 30-50 books, if you count the DT sets seperately. No artwork for sale though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If you ever make that list, I look forward to seeing it as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller
    Been there, done that. Felt like I got ripped off. I'm older and wiser now.

Still, if you just can't find the time I guess it is a reasonable solution for some.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow

Greg-

I thought about that, but some consigners take as much as 30%-50% of the price for themselves. I think I'll venture out on my own...I'm not in a rush

Very true, But I happen to know someone that would be happy to do it for you guys for no more than 10%. Plus any of the associated fees (ebay, paypal, shipping, etc). Going to be an old retired Fireman pretty soon and his wife is going to want him to stay busy.
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, thanks for the offer. I'll consider it.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I know Betts does consignments...is he in the 30 to 50 percent range?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    If you ever make that list, I look forward to seeing it as well.
    ^What he said.

I haven't got all of King's first editions yet especially some of the later ones (i.e. Hearts in Atlanits, On Writing, etc.). The problem isn't money, it's finding a reputable dealer who cares about your business. I can't say how many times certain dealers have refused to send me photos of a book that I may buy. If they don't have time for me, I guess I don't have time to buy their book. I know there are numerous reputable dealers on here so I look forward to seeing what everyone might be selling also.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I know Betts does consignments...is he in the 30 to 50 percent range?
    yer bugger (translation: yes)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't got all of King's first editions yet especially some of the later ones (i.e. Hearts in Atlanits, On Writing, etc.). The problem isn't money, it's finding a reputable dealer who cares about your business. I can't say how many times certain dealers have refused to send me photos of a book that I may buy. If they don't have time for me, I guess I don't have time to buy their book. I know there are numerous reputable dealers on here so I look forward to seeing what everyone might be selling also.
    Ricky, welcome to the world of collecting. Outside of E-bay, most transactions for trade editions/ etc. are handled with a description of a book and its condition. Everyone has a dollar "threshehold" where they need information and pictues etc. The higher the price the more important the pictures and info.
    I think most (sellers and buyers) here would agree that on books being presented for less than ~$100, most sellers (not E-bay) won't bother with single/multiple pictures of a book. A simple accurate description of the book sufffices. It takes far too much time to put all that together. We rely on a community and people here (Tippy, Shibus, Wizardsrainbow, Hutch) to mention a few but not all- who know that their reputation is more important than one single transaction.
    People who are unscrupulous are quickly revealed.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Ricky, welcome to the world of collecting. Outside of E-bay, most transactions for trade editions/ etc. are handled with a description of a book and its condition. Everyone has a dollar "threshhold" where they need information and pictues etc. The higher the price the more important the pictures and info.
    I think most (sellers and buyers) here would agree that on books being presented for less than ~$100, most sellers (not E-bay) won't bother with single/multiple pictures of a book. A simple accurate description of the book sufffices. It takes far too much time to put all that together. We rely on a community and people here (Tippy, Shibus, Wizardsrainbow, Hutch, to mention a few but not all) who know that their reputation is more important than one single transaction.
    People who are unscrupulous are quickly revealed.
    Yes, welcome, Ricky.

I agree with RF regarding the relatively less expensive collectible books. Go with someone you can trust, and if you want general info and photos of an edition that you are considering (a first edition, for example), don't forget to check out the Catalogs here in the Corner - they're a great reference source.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I agree with RF regarding the relatively less expensive collectible books. Go with someone you can trust, and if you want general info and photos of an edition that you are considering (a first edition, for example), don't forget to check out the Catalogs here in the Corner - they're a great reference source.
    I know what they look like, I'm talking about photos of the actual photos of the book that I would be questioning. If anyone expects me to buy their book, I either want photos of said book or a guarantee promising a full refund including shipping if I'm displeased with the book.

I don't collect books to waste money on something that is not as described.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 388 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast