Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Yesterday, for the first time ever, I requested a refund for a SK-related purchase from an eBay seller. It was inexpensive (less than $200 including tax and shipping) so I won't be torn up if I don't get a refund. But I am upset that I now have to go through hassle of repacking, make arrangements for posting the parcel and generally wasting my time because the seller was not honest with the description of the item. They had hundreds and hundreds of 100% positive remarks. So I trusted the seller.

They described a lot (MPP unsigned) as Near Mint to Mint and showed pictures that one would believe that the lot was actually as described. I was really excited to get this copy bc I needed the slipcase for one of my inscribed copies. But when I unwrapped the bubble wrap, I immediately noticed soiling on the bottom of the slipcase. The soiling was also present on the top. The corners were beginning to fray and one was already slightly torn. I was upset and angry. Did they think a buyer would overlook that? Or is that their understanding of a description of NM/M?

I've been fortunate in my eBay dealings to date. I've been happy that all of the SK books I've bought have been as advertised. But I just don't understand how anyone could try to pawn off a book like this and think they would be successful. I'll know within a week what the result will be. Hoping for the best but not holding my breath.

John

This is a sore subject to me.....especially if it is related to damage occurring due to poor packaging.

Many sellers think that when the have given you your money back....you are indemnified (hey kids....that's the secret word of the day)....but you are not. The hassle of filing the claim, sending pictures, repacking and shipping the book back...possibly a trip to the post office....and then tracking it and badgering them for your refund......all of which could have been avoided if they had either packed (or in your case) described the item correctly. ...is a waste of your valuable time.

I think ebay needs to implement a "Douchebag Penalty Fee" where the buyer gets paid $10 when this happens.

Sorry for the language folks....I'm in a snit today.
    A Frank Zappa reference always brightens my day!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Had an interesting one today. A book listed at $37.98 had a make offer button. I made an offer at $35. He later countered at $45. What the...?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Had an interesting one today. A book listed at $37.98 had a make offer button. I made an offer at $35. He later countered at $45. What the...?
    Someone is unclear on the concept.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’ve seen these more and more lately. Instead of being a Buy it Now with a best offer option, it is an auction with a best offer. So if they start the auction at $35, you could offer $50 to get the seller to end the auction early. If they don’t accept, they will let the auction go hoping to make that amount or more.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I’ve seen these more and more lately. Instead of being a Buy it Now with a best offer option, it is an auction with a best offer. So if they start the auction at $35, you could offer $50 to get the seller to end the auction early. If they don’t accept, they will let the auction go hoping to make that amount or more.
    You could also make an offer for $2 and they can accept. The second someone bids the "best offer" option goes away.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I got his last one for starting bid and I bet it happens again, I will wait the six days
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I had something similar happen a while back on a Stephen King book. It was an auction for a book that had already been listed a few times at the same 'too high' price with no bidders. So I offered a little less than the auction started at since it was obvious (to me, anyway) that it wasn't going to get a bid at the starting price. The seller counteroffered with something idiotic, like 200 dollars higher than the auction start price. I declined the counteroffer with a message that basically amounted to me laughing at him/her.
    Last edited by firemonkey66; 04-07-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it when they counteroffer with a buck off the asking price. Helluva a deal to be had there
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll just use auction sniper and get it at asking price. He has relisted it a few times. It is what I did on his other item.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I like it when they counteroffer with a buck off the asking price. Helluva a deal to be had there
    Haha, ya what is that? I feel like if you put the 'best offer' option on your item, you need to be willing to accept at least 10% less than what you've listed the item for. Otherwise, what's the point? But just like you, I bump somewhat frequently into sellers that are basically insulted that I'm offering lower than the asking price; coming back with counteroffers that are like less than 1% different from the asking price. If you don't want to get reasonable offers via best offer, then don't offer the fucking option!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Haha, ya what is that? I feel like if you put the 'best offer' option on your item, you need to be willing to accept at least 10% less than what you've listed the item for. Otherwise, what's the point? But just like you, I bump somewhat frequently into sellers that are basically insulted that I'm offering lower than the asking price; coming back with counteroffers that are like less than 1% different from the asking price. If you don't want to get reasonable offers via best offer, then don't offer the fucking option!
    Exactly! I'll usually start an offer around 70% or so of asking price for wiggle room. The sellers who aren't idiots realize this and a good deal can be had by all with a good counteroffer. But it definitely offends the hell out of others. Tools are only as good as the people using them.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a fun postscript to my experience last year of being scammed by a "Paul James Spittlehouse" on facebook. I just added this King inscription to my site signed & dated:

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Saw that he blocked me on FB today, so there's no hope left that a box will show up at my house.

So here: I was scammed by Paul James Spittlehouse in the FB group "Stephen King/Horror Special/Limited Editions buy/sell/trade group"

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

AVOID:

Lenny Adamson - Marblehead MA
    Sam Hanscom Salem MA
    John Carr (also Salem MA)

Sam and John are same person I believe (at same Salem address)....I know I do biz basackwards and ship before payment (it is the Midwest boy in me and my character flaw to please people)...but I've been stiffed twice now (and not a small amount either)...99%+ of my customers are wonderful, but those mentioned above have disappeared without paying me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s awful. Sorry to hear that happened David.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

Sam and John are same person I believe (at same Salem address)....I know I do biz basackwards and ship before payment (it is the Midwest boy in me and my character flaw to please people)...but I've been stiffed twice now (and not a small amount either)...99%+ of my customers are wonderful, but those mentioned above have disappeared without paying me.
    FUCK. That drives me. Don't ship anything without payment... cause there is even dicks in the book world. I have checked the member list at Rare King and none of them are there... BUT A John Carr tried to join the group about a month or so ago from a new account. I will be watching brother
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear that, David. 😞
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

I am very sorry for you David.
    Any chance that somehow you can file a police report or something?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

David - would you ever consider asking buyers for 20-40% payment before shipping? any regulars who buy from you would most likely have no problems with this - we expect to pay the amount anyway...at least you would then have a payment or payment info as well and would help to weed out the baddies
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

I seriously would kick someones ass for David.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

I seriously would kick someones ass for David.
    100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

David - would you ever consider asking buyers for 20-40% payment before shipping? any regulars who buy from you would most likely have no problems with this - we expect to pay the amount anyway...at least you would then have a payment or payment info as well and would help to weed out the baddies
    Personally, I would have no problem sending the money for the book once David has confirmed I’ve got it: the beautiful word ‘yours’ in an email, and then pay the shipping costs separately once he has created the label. Or paying in full once the label is created, and if you don’t pay within say 48 hours, the item is released back onto the page as available.

I know it’s a little more work, but at least you wouldn’t get stiffed by non-paying pricks
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Traveler qzyksw has a spectacular aura about qzyksw has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

Sorry to hear that. That is awful.

But I will assure you....if i would ever be able to win the ability to buy from you...I would more than happy pay you before shipment. Yes I think of buying from you as a contest and winning. Right now I am in the biggest loser category!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

If the books are unique enough, rare or identifiable, let us know what they are and we can keep on eye out for them.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    AVOID:

Sam Hanscom Salem MA

If the books are unique enough, rare or identifiable, let us know what they are and we can keep on eye out for them.
    This is actually a great idea. We should have this items red flagged as stolen.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But that book may not appear online for sale for years. Nor ever.
    eg that Slinger that was *lost* in shipping on David

I guess that it's a lot easier to David to ship before payment, when dealing with dozens / hundreds of sells at a time, but it creates situation like this.
    I would really encourage David not to send before having the money. And I think that this is absolutely fair. Most people do that, and there is no reason to get upset at that
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast