Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 821 of 971 FirstFirst ... 321 721 771 811 819 820 821 822 823 831 871 921 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,525 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Oh boy!
    Contestants on 'Let's Make a deal' and 'The Price is right' today won trips to New York City and Beijing, China!
    How lucky can you get!
    Welp. It's official, Steve. You're old.
    But, alas, not wise.

Hey, I'm with ya, Steve!!!!!
    (Though that sentiment is not likely to do your image much good!!! lol lol)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife works in logistics in a major company, and apparently she just heard that, since last year, DHL can unilaterally decides to deliver YOUR package to someone else, or leave it whenever they want (your garage, in front of your porch etc).
    They are supposed to tell you who got it / where it is, but the driver can basically do what he wants whenever it's at the supposedly delivery place.
    Of course, apparently the supposedly recipient has no recourse of complaining.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    My wife works in logistics in a major company, and apparently she just heard that, since last year, DHL can unilaterally decides to deliver YOUR package to someone else, or leave it whenever they want (your garage, in front of your porch etc).
    They are supposed to tell you who got it / where it is, but the driver can basically do what he wants whenever it's at the supposedly delivery place.
    Of course, apparently the supposedly recipient has no recourse of complaining.
    Glad I almost never have to rely on DHL.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I work in a large hospital in the Northeast that is in full COVID mode, and while I am thankful to be in a field where job security isn't an issue at this time, it does come with its own set of problems. One of those problems is the anxiety. My wife is pregnant with our first child, is due in early June, and is freaking out everyday about literally everything. While I am in soothe-mode with her 24/7, on the inside I'm shitting myself worrying about everything too. I'm especially worried that I'm going to be the vector that brings COVID-19 to her and our unborn child, since I'm at risk of picking it up at work. We've even had a talk about who I would choose if she gets infected, is one of the unlucky ones where everything goes south, and it comes down to choosing between her or the baby. That's a tough conversation to have when it's not entirely hypothetical. And unfortunately, nobody knows what the risk is to pregnant patients and the babies they carry. There are viruses that can be devastating to a developing central nervous system, and only time will tell what COVID-19 can do.

And the real cherry on top is there's a damn good chance I won't be able to be in the room when she gives birth because a lot of hospitals have stopped allowing anyone - including expectant fathers - into the rooms when women are in labor. Experiencing that moment with my wife and newborn son has been a foregone conclusion from the beginning, so the sudden new reality that I might be denied the experience takes my breath away when I think about it. Sure, June seems a long ways away, but when you've seen how easily this virus spreads, and the damage it can do, June doesn't seem that far off at all.

Thanks for listening to me vent, and I apologize if these problems sound petty compared to the economic and health hardships people are experiencing. My heart goes out to everyone that's being raked over the coals by COVID-19. I try to keep my freaking out bottled up so as not to make my wife's life any harder, and I know she'll never read anything I write here since she couldn't care less about Stephen King or my book collection, so it's nice to be able to blow of some steam here.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Venting is a good thing. Stay well.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Depression is hitting me pretty hard as of yesterday, my mind/thoughts/feelings have been going insane lately, we've all been so strongly focused on ourselves, myself included, that we/me have forgotten the not so fortunate.

Most of us (from our homes) have the privilege to prop ourselves in front of some type of media device to share our fear w/Covid-19.
    Most likely hundreds of millions probably do not.
    I cannot comprehend the number of deaths when the dust has finally settled, I fear worldwide it will measure in the multi-millions.
    Just the staggering amount of refugees & homeless on this planet is insane, all with no shelter for safe distancing or the access to clean water or let alone "Healthcare".
    (Quick internet stat - don't know how accurate "100 million people are homeless worldwide. As many as 1.6 billion people lack adequate housing")

Just some words I'm plopping down so I can get a realistic grip on how "Not fucked up my life is", not when we consider the mountains of bodies we're already piling up and whats to come.

I promise not to whine and cry no matter how bad this gets for me and please Please DT.org family, put me in line if I do.

I'm asking everybody not to respond with concerns/hopes/feelings about me one way or the other, because this really is not about me... but I do encourage constructive dialogue.

Richard

(I reposted this here, maybe a more appropriate thread)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I work in a large hospital in the Northeast that is in full COVID mode, and while I am thankful to be in a field where job security isn't an issue at this time, it does come with its own set of problems. One of those problems is the anxiety. My wife is pregnant with our first child, is due in early June, and is freaking out everyday about literally everything. While I am in soothe-mode with her 24/7, on the inside I'm shitting myself worrying about everything too. I'm especially worried that I'm going to be the vector that brings COVID-19 to her and our unborn child, since I'm at risk of picking it up at work. We've even had a talk about who I would choose if she gets infected, is one of the unlucky ones where everything goes south, and it comes down to choosing between her or the baby. That's a tough conversation to have when it's not entirely hypothetical. And unfortunately, nobody knows what the risk is to pregnant patients and the babies they carry. There are viruses that can be devastating to a developing central nervous system, and only time will tell what COVID-19 can do.

And the real cherry on top is there's a damn good chance I won't be able to be in the room when she gives birth because a lot of hospitals have stopped allowing anyone - including expectant fathers - into the rooms when women are in labor. Experiencing that moment with my wife and newborn son has been a foregone conclusion from the beginning, so the sudden new reality that I might be denied the experience takes my breath away when I think about it. Sure, June seems a long ways away, but when you've seen how easily this virus spreads, and the damage it can do, June doesn't seem that far off at all.

Thanks for listening to me vent, and I apologize if these problems sound petty compared to the economic and health hardships people are experiencing. My heart goes out to everyone that's being raked over the coals by COVID-19. I try to keep my freaking out bottled up so as not to make my wife's life any harder, and I know she'll never read anything I write here since she couldn't care less about Stephen King or my book collection, so it's nice to be able to blow of some steam here.
    Everybody needs a vent and I often have friends who call just for 10 mins yo get it all out, its good for the soul..
    I know it probably doesn't help but 3 new born babies in the UK had it and have gone on to make full recovery.
    We dont know about long time effects but when do we ever, you cannot let that stand in the way of the most beautiful experience in life...
    I wish you all the best my friend.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

On a lighter note... this pandemic is the greatest publicity for King's forthcoming "The Stand" TV series the studio could possibly hope for.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Happy birthday Lucy Lawless!!!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucy Lawless is really under rated. Do you actually have a piece of cloth that touched her Body on that card in the front?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I tell ya, Steve as Darkseer says she's an under rated geek queen and for some reason always reminds me of "The" Catwoman, Julie Newmar!! Talk about a Hot lady!!! I actually met her in Ft. Worth, Tx when I was attending TCU. I was working in a popular sandwich shop (our specialty was a fried oyster hoagie as they refer to a hero sandwich in Tx) and she just walks in and orders lunch. Think my tongue dropped to the floor cause she was drop dead gorgeous and TALL. Being 6'9" myself I can really appreciate a tall woman and not only was she beautiful she had to be 6'3" tall with legs that didn't stop as they say!!!! Man, I've had constant wood ever since that day!!! LOL LOL

Here's an old pic I found, but it really doesn't do her justice. And anyway you just had to see this woman in person. MEOW!!!! lol lol

Spoiler:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's Lucy Lawless's sister, Julie Newmar.

And yes, I have many costume and relic cards from Xena, which supposedly touched her glorious skin, although I can't prove it until she answers one of my many dinner invitations.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Julie Newmar was my favorite "Catwoman" on the Batman series or any of the Batman movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZjh6zdKnpI

Darn it, I don't know the correct way to insert a video clip, because I hardly ever do it!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Darn it, I don't know the correct way to insert a video clip, because I hardly ever do it!
    Delete the s in https
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Yes, Julie Newmar was my favorite "Catwoman" on the Batman series or any of the Batman movies.
    Well, my claim to fame is I actually served her a Fried Oyster Hero and she remained that unattainable love of my life!!! 😆
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Br!an, I'll try to remember that!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    On a lighter note... this pandemic is the greatest publicity for King's forthcoming "The Stand" TV series the studio could possibly hope for.
    Actually I doubt it. I think it will have the opposite effect, it will hit too close to home for people, so people may avoid it. After 9/11 the series premier of "24" was delayed so they could edit the pilot episode because it was too close to home. Also the movie poster (and maybe the trailers too) for Spider Man were edited to remove the images of the world trade center.

When is that scheduled to air? I have to imagine it will be delayed.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Actually I doubt it. I think it will have the opposite effect, it will hit too close to home for people, so people may avoid it. After 9/11 the series premier of "24" was delayed so they could edit the pilot episode because it was too close to home. Also the movie poster (and maybe the trailers too) for Spider Man were edited to remove the images of the world trade center.

Not at all. I see this as something people will definitely want to see. I expect large ratings for this one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Not at all. I see this as something people will definitely want to see. I expect large ratings for this one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, Kris. Good question, this will be on the CBS streaming service, yes? Do they have a release date yet?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was supposed to be in Fall. But I am guessing the shooting got cancelled and so is probably the post-prod
    I'd say it's likely to be postponed to 2021
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    It was supposed to be in Fall. But I am guessing the shooting got cancelled and so is probably the post-prod
    I'd say it's likely to be postponed to 2021
    I read someplace filming was cancelled...
    I think it may be a hard watch for non king fans but King is riding high and I predict it will get a good viewing...
    Is the CBS streaming available outside of the U.S.?

Country
    Country Flag

firemonkey and cook : feel free to express your feelings, especially in those difficult times. This is the perfect thread, it's called "Random Comments", and I think that firemonkey definitely needs to given the circonstances !

Take care, all of yous !

Country
    Country Flag

Last night, someone vented on Twitter about how great their ratings were.
    It's almost as if that person couldnt care about anything else...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 821 of 971 FirstFirst ... 321 721 771 811 819 820 821 822 823 831 871 921 ... LastLast