Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 462 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I bought 12 Greyfell slipcases and have not had a single problem.
    But, was it OK that I asked the question, "What's the height of the opening so I can verify that my Bachman paperbacks will fit?"

He all of a sudden got triggered that I asked. I've never seen one of his cases ( I really wanted to though). Why would he get triggered and start the drama? Why not simply send the opening measurements per my request? These Bachman paperbacks aren't cookie cut like he seems to say in his scathing message to my question. In a later comment, he said "obviously you don't know what a first edition is, if your paperback is a different size, you have a later print and that's final."

David, I copied the conversation in an above thread (#11204 & #11205). I think the issue isn't his cases but his attitude towards potential customers.

Mulleins
    More than ok to ASK the question you did...no one is nicer than you Ralph! Am surprised at the response you got....obviously some people are "touchy."

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to defend the seller, but I feel Ralph got into a lengthy debate (and a futile attempt to educate a stubborn seller) that could have been avoided by simply reiterating the question "How tall is the inside dimension of the case?". Everything after that is simply a waste of both parties time, and is unlikely to result in a positive experience.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not to defend the seller, but I feel Ralph got into a lengthy debate (and a futile attempt to educate a stubborn seller) that could have been avoided by simply reiterating the question "How tall is the inside dimension of the case?". Everything after that is simply a waste of both parties time, and is unlikely to result in a positive experience.
    Well, I did ask the size question......three times. Each time, the owner of this business would respond with an even longer response defending why he's the best, and that no one knows more than he. Joshua never responded with the measurements. Joshua made it clear that anyone that asks a question like this is wasting his business time.

I'm pretty sure he has the following on his office wall:

Rule #1 - Joshua is Right

Rule #2 - Joshua is Right and if you don't agree, refer them back to Rule #1 (and, that's final).

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Stephen King "Cell" First Edition,First Printing. 2006

1st Edition
    $139.99
    Nov-20 14:56or Best Offer
    Free Shipping

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong in every way.

CUJO First Edition 1st Printing 1981 HCDJ Viking STEPHEN KING EXCELLENT

New (Other)
    $32.99
    Nov-30 09:28or Best Offer
    Free Shipping
    Free Returns

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on this?

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna say no cause his new sig is usual on the same angle. Not curved downward
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't like it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Noooooooo
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

nope

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a high quality image, but I wouldn't have it.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, not sure what happened to the image but I was leaning no good. Thanks for the response!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do not buy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

To me, very new to Stephen King, this looks pretty good but it has to be too good to be true based on price?:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...IAAOSwbm9d~gaA

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big no here
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s a definite forgery. The price also was a dead giveaway before even seeing the signature.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Thanks. I was pretty sure it was a forgery based on price but it is often hard for me to tell.
    I wonder if some of these people simply don't know they have forgeries?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    Thanks. I was pretty sure it was a forgery based on price but it is often hard for me to tell.
    No doubt there are some who honestly believe they have an authentic signature. If the seller has only ever listed one signed King book for sale I might buy that. If the seller regularly lists signed books, then I think they know what they are doing.

This seller has previously sold forgeries questionable signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    No doubt there are some who honestly believe they have an authentic signature. If the seller has only ever listed one signed King book for sale I might buy that. If the seller regularly lists signed books, then I think they know what they are doing.

The buy it now price just went to $185. It was $95.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

The buy it now price just went to $185. It was $95.
    He's probably reading this forum.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if these dealers in questionable signatures talk to each other and offer advice on how to sell their books.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    I wonder if these dealers in questionable signatures talk to each other and offer advice on how to sell their books.
    Wouldn't that be Conspiracy to Commit Fraud?

John

Now its $145. That’s three different buy it now prices since late this morning.
    As Ive said, I’m new to SK, and I’m astonished at the amount of forged signatures.
    I’ve bid on some S/L but they always go for something a tad outside my current price range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 462 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 ... LastLast