Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks Bill

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A while back when I was cataloguing my supposedly complete collection of UK firsts, I noticed that two of my firsts were not in fact 1st editions. My old copy of Misery had on the copyright page all the indicators to be a first edition but the price on the dust jacket was £15.99 instead of £11.95. Whether there were first edition books left over for a subsequent release with a new dust jacket with a price increase or more likely someone had swapped dustjackets. Anyway, I needed a upgrade!

Stephen King - Misery - UK 1st/1st HB

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You made me go and check my copy! All good. Congratulations on getting a true first this time. It looks to be in great shape.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be needing to relocate all my books sometime next week when the new bookcase is fitted. I will take the opportunity to double check all my UK firsts, it's been a while since I saw a lot of them as they are behind all the US ones!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cujo would be the first to check. I discovered mine was the export edition some time back.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    You made me go and check my copy! All good. Congratulations on getting a true first this time. It looks to be in great shape.
    Thanks Paul. Yes, it's in great shape. Glad here yours is a 1st!

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I will be needing to relocate all my books sometime next week when the new bookcase is fitted. I will take the opportunity to double check all my UK firsts, it's been a while since I saw a lot of them as they are behind all the US ones!
    Looking forward to seeing photos of the new shelves, Simon. Maybe in the flesh one day.

Cujo would be the first to check. I discovered mine was the export edition some time back.
    And Firestarter. That's the other one I need to upgrade as mine is the unpriced export edition. I am finding it difficult to find a copy of the 1st I'm happy with.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    A while back when I was cataloguing my supposedly complete collection of UK firsts, I noticed that two of my firsts were not in fact 1st editions. My old copy of Misery had on the copyright page all the indicators to be a first edition but the price on the dust jacket was £15.99 instead of £11.95. Whether there were first edition books left over for a subsequent release with a new dust jacket with a price increase or more likely someone had swapped dustjackets. Anyway, I needed a upgrade!

Stephen King - Misery - UK 1st/1st HB

That is perfect.. wow. NICE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

That is perfect.. wow. NICE!
    Thanks Kris.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

And Firestarter. That's the other one I need to upgrade as mine is the unpriced export edition. I am finding it difficult to find a copy of the 1st I'm happy with.
    I think I am still looking for a perfect UK Cujo. It seems that something little is wrong with every copy. It seems really prone to spine cocking (if that is a word...you know what I am talking about).

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jon - I want to thank you again for helping me get some UK books to Nashville !

And I want everybody to know (what they already knows) that you are special person !!!

Thanks buddy

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

And I want everybody to know (what they already knows) that you are special person !!!

Thanks buddy
    He sure is! Jon has helped me out more times than I can count. I am very grateful for it all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I think I am still looking for a perfect UK Cujo. It seems that something little is wrong with every copy. It seems really prone to spine cocking (if that is a word...you know what I am talking about).
    Yes, both my 1st and export edition have noticeable spine lean. I haven't seen one without spine lean.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks buddy

Thanks buddy
    He sure is! Jon has helped me out more times than I can count. I am very grateful for it all.
    Thanks Guys, happy to help. You're making me blush.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Proof #80

Stephen King - The Dark Tower II : The Drawing Of The Three - US Advance uncorrected Proof (Plume - 1st State Pictorial Cover)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one Jon. You're getting it done!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks Dan.

Nice one Jon. You're getting it done!
    Thanks Paul. Another few proofs on the way, but nothing rare.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes ! I have this proof ! Congrats bud

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes ! I have this proof ! Congrats bud
    Thanks Shac. It's a nice proof with an interesting variant design.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Proof #81

Stephen King - The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on both proofs, Jon! I'm amazed at the apparent scarcity of the Bazaar of Bad Dreams proofs, both US and UK.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Congratulations on both proofs, Jon! I'm amazed at the apparent scarcity of the Bazaar of Bad Dreams proofs, both US and UK.

John
    Thanks John. It took me a while to get one. Luckily I found a seller with four copies. They still have three available ranging between $250-295. I've never seen a UK TBOBD proof for sale, so I'm still on the lookout for one.

EDIT: they actually have five left!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John
    Thanks John. It took me a while to get one. Luckily I found a seller with four copies. They still have three available ranging between $250-295. I've never seen a UK TBOBD proof for sale, so I'm still on the lookout for one.

I assume you are talking about Dolores at gmedia. I wish I knew how she does it!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

John

I assume you are talking about Dolores at gmedia. I wish I knew how she does it!
    Yes, Bob. Dolores was very helpful sending photos of the books. I don't know how she managed to get six or more.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan from CD found some left over boxsets last month of CD's The Talisman / Black House with slipcase and poster by Tomislav Tikulin. I just had to order one as I had been after the Scribner reissue books. I like that the 2012 reissues were printed in really low numbers of 2250 copies of The Talisman and 2660 copies of Black House.

Stephen King / Peter Straub - The Talisman / Black House - US 1st/1st 2012 Reissue HBs with Cemetary Dance Slipcase and Poster.

The Slipcase Set

The HB book covers

The Poster

My other The Tailsman / Black House Set.

Stephen King / Peter Straub - The Talisman / Black House - US Grant Gift Edition Set Signed by Peter Straub - 1521/3500

I realised I own TOO many The Talisman and Black House books ranging from Promo packs, Posters (not shown), Proofs, 1sts, Reissues, a S/L and a Lettered. The only ones I intend to attempt to add to my collection are the The Talisman UK proof, The Talisman US 1st/1st and Black House UK Sampler and US partial and full manuscripts. The only easy one of those is The Talisman US 1st.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast