Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I was reaching the end of the series last night.I knew at the beginning of the day(with about 200 pages left)that I would finish in 1 day.I started the series 2 1/2 years ago.I took many breaks in between for different reasons but I flew through the last two books(do ya ken?)
    I am about 100 pages from the end when a massive thunder and lightning storm rolls through at the same time a vicious one is brewing in the book.At this point I am feeling like the kid reading the book in "The neverending Story".I was a little freaked but thought it was a perfect way for the story to sycronize with my "when".I continue reading through the storm and reach the end of this epic tale at around midnight .My mind was spinning after I was done so I went outside to reflect on this epic tale while watching the intense thunder,lighting and downpour but it had stopped just in time....
    At this point I wouldn't doubt that I started reading stephen King 19 years ago today although I have no way to confirm this.
    I look forward to discussing this story in detail,Long Days and Pleasant Nights.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My coincidences are for some reason all related to 19:
    My full name, with patronymic, is 19 letters long.
    I first read The Gunslinger when I was 19.
    My parents live in a house #19 (and I also lived there for a long time).
    And whenever I need to recall a German word or phrase, the first one that inevitably comes to mind is "Ich bin neunzen Jahre alt" ("I am 19 y.o.") - I was not 19 when I studied the language, and I am not 19 now, but this phrase from some textbook is stuck in my mind.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    I was reaching the end of the series last night.I knew at the beginning of the day(with about 200 pages left)that I would finish in 1 day.I started the series 2 1/2 years ago.I took many breaks in between for different reasons but I flew through the last two books(do ya ken?)
    I am about 100 pages from the end when a massive thunder and lightning storm rolls through at the same time a vicious one is brewing in the book.At this point I am feeling like the kid reading the book in "The neverending Story".I was a little freaked but thought it was a perfect way for the story to sycronize with my "when".I continue reading through the storm and reach the end of this epic tale at around midnight .My mind was spinning after I was done so I went outside to reflect on this epic tale while watching the intense thunder,lighting and downpour but it had stopped just in time....
    At this point I wouldn't doubt that I started reading stephen King 19 years ago today although I have no way to confirm this.
    I look forward to discussing this story in detail,Long Days and Pleasant Nights.
    Wow, what a perfect way to finish this amazing series.
    Welcome to the site, sai.

Roland would have understood.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Tower follows us everywhere. While road tripping to Montana, my girlfriend and I were listening to Wizard and Glass on audio cd.

Look what we encountered along the way : Eddie's Corner and Traveler's Rest.

As always, the Tower makes itself known.

Spoiler:

( I put a spoiler around the photos due to size. I am hosting at a different site and didn't have time to re-size smaller )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Thats way cool Pam!

@ WalkingMan79 :: I got goose chills reading that!::

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

My girlfriend and I seem to encounter something DT related on every vacation. We've started documenting them with photos! It's always been something relevant, too. Like Traveler's Rest popping up while listening to Wizard and Glass. One of our traditions is that on every road trip, we listen to the Dark Tower books on cd. We've already been through them all once, and this is our second time through.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

@ WalkingMan79 :: I got goose chills reading that!::[/QUOTE]

It had me pretty freaked too but seemed so fitting at the same time.Who knows,maybe sai King did get this story straight from the horses mouth.All I can say is the more I open myself up to being connected to everything and everyone around me the more the universe seems to justify the feeling.I really do feel like I am a part of something much bigger than I can articulate and I honestly had an idea "what" the Dark Tower meant to me very early in the story.When I reached the end I realized I wasn't very far off at all and that was equally as spooky as the storm.Everyone has their own Dark Tower.......

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The Tower follows us everywhere. While road tripping to Montana, my girlfriend and I were listening to Wizard and Glass on audio cd.

Look what we encountered along the way : Eddie's Corner and Traveler's Rest.

As always, the Tower makes itself known.

Spoiler:

( I put a spoiler around the photos due to size. I am hosting at a different site and didn't have time to re-size smaller )
    If y'all only listen to certain sections of DTII maybe you'll find a door.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

O0oooOOOh, oO00OOO_oh, Capital idea!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm rather amused that the proposed law to legalize weed in california is proposition 19
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler Fille is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone, this is my first post and here is my coincidence story:

9 months ago I started writing my own story/book and I named my main character Viggo Nickolaus Torén. This is just a name that I took out of nowhere and guess if I got surprised yesterday when I finished the last book in the tower series and discovered
    Spoiler:
    that in alternate New York, Eddie's and Jake's new name is Toren!

Also when writing this I realized that Viggo Nickolaus Torén has got 19 letters,
    by then I got excited and looked up the meaning of both Viggo and Nickolaus.

This is what I found out,
    Viggo means "battle" or "war"
    and Nickolaus means "the King of people"

Coincidence?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ma fille, bears don't really believe in coincidence... it's Providence

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't the name Toren mentioned in an earlier volume?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Wasn't the name Toren mentioned in an earlier volume?
    Yes. It's the Dutch version of Calvin Tower's surname. Tower=Toren.

That was freaky though. Especially considering the 19 letters.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ma fille, bears don't really believe in coincidence... it's Providence

...and Brices don't believe in coincidences either.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Fille is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mentioned it, I do remeber Calvin Tower's dutch surname... maybe my subconsciousness tricked me

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

My daughter, whose birth introduced me to Roland et al, will be 19 Sunday.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You should give her 99 presents.

Gunslinger Apprentice Seneschal is on a distinguished road Seneschal's Avatar

I am currently reading Insomnia.

While reading the book, this is the line i came across:

"...and now all at once it was wednesday October 6th."

well, when i read it, it WAS wednesday october 6th (two days ago)

10/6/2010.... 10 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 19.
    Time is a face on the water.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

So, how did you sleep?

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

During my latest reread of TDT I developed strange pain in the socket of my right hip.
    Does that count as a coincidence?
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was watching an episode of Buffy just a couple of days ago. There was a monster in it who liked to beat kids up, especially a particular kid who was in a coma. He would say "You're lucky nineteen!"

Brrr. It was actually a baseball reference. I just thought it interesting that out of all the numbers that was the one that was chosen. This was an episode of series one so it came out quite a way before the last three books (four if you include The Gunslinger revised edition) of The Dark Tower series were published.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    During my latest reread of TDT I developed strange pain in the socket of my right hip.
    Does that count as a coincidence?
    It does. A quite kickass one if you feel better now.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, it doesn't. There are no coincidences; or there are very few. It is fate... no, doom.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    No, it doesn't. There are no coincidences; or there are very few. It is fate... no, doom.
    I have a better idea. It's KA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast