Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Keep track of your books

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sent you an email

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Alright.

First beta of the project is up and running:

http://www.shelfproud.com/

I invite all of you to test it, use it, stress, it, whatever. Suggestions, critics, questions, ANYTHING is very welcomed. You don't have to load your real books if you don't want to. Just try it and let me know your feedback.

Please send 'em to my email at arielracing at gmail dot com.

Much appreciated!
    I just tried to log back into that website after a long break since we all provided initial feedback. I cannot remember my password and there is no "Forgot Password" option.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the same problem.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I now have an Excel sheet that has the following filterable input fields, what am I missing?

· Title
    · Author
    * Artist
    · Publisher
    · Place of Publication
    · Editor
    · Copyright Date
    · Issue Price
    · Edition
    · Category
    · ISBN
    · Limitation #
    · Cover Type
    · Pages
    · Condition
    · Shelf Location
    · Notes
    · Purchase Date
    · Purchase Price
    · Sale Price
    · Profit/Loss

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say you pretty much nailed it, RF!!! Much more detailed than mine anyway!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a column that shows the print run of the first edition, if I know it. It comes in handy occasionally.

I also have columns that tell me when I receive it and from whom I bought it.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's got the purchase dates, John, but the "Who" might be worthwhile though he has a "Notes" column. You guys never cease to impress!!!!

Very organized!!! Cool beans!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a separate column for the purchase date and one for the receive date. I don't know why, but it just seems right to me.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have a separate column for the purchase date and one for the receive date. I don't know why, but it just seems right to me.

John
    Ahh yeah, makes sense. That way you also have a record on seller's. Good one.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And I am still organized strictly on my waning memory. LOL

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome

I think your selection list is good. John's additional ideas are good too.

I use a program called Book Collectorz purchased from collectorz.com

As seen in the picture below, I like it because it allows me to add pictures to my database. The program backbone....Microsoft Access. It also allows me to use over 70 canned fields or add my own custom named fields.

The price for the program???? I think was around $25. I used to use Excel, but I really liked the format of this software.

Again, excellent list Jerome. I love your field "shelf location". Just had to laugh at that. Shelf 3 (located not in room 1, 2 or 3, but in room 4). I think Bob may need this feature added to his database...haha

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I like the look of that site.

If you rescue me

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It's an actual software program on my Windows box, not a web based program. They do offer an online type program/storage, I went with the more traditional software solution.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha! I'd consider getting it, but ultimately I know I'm too damn lazy to key all the stuff in. LOL

If you rescue me

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It's an actual software program on my Windows box, not a web based program. They do offer an online type program/storage, I went with the more traditional software solution.
    Thanks for the tip - Like this one and think Ill try it out
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked at a trial version of the software. Shit, it's great in numerous ways, except one.....I would need thirty days, 8 hours a day to create mine. Ouch!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It took me a while to key/log everything in, that is true. But honestly, it revealed one major thing to me. Yep, I'm a sick collector with NO HOPE in sight.

Which reminds me.....I'm running late for my required...SBCA (Sick Book Collectors Anonymous) meeting.

ME: Hi, I'm Ralph and I have a sickness

Group: Hello Ralph

Mulleins

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually this might be ideal for me IF I buy one of the scanners too. I'd only have to manually key in the odd promo stuff...if that's possible.

If you rescue me

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Collectorz.com is a Dutch company. I've looked at their software in the past and thought it was great, but I did not purchase it at the time. Now I'm reconsidering.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I looked at this before, but I need to be able to add via iPad. That is a deal breaker for me. Anyone know if it will? All I can find is that you can export to your iPad and view the collection, not modify it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would guess you could, but I'm not certain.

If you rescue me

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I looked at this before, but I need to be able to add via iPad. That is a deal breaker for me. Anyone know if it will? All I can find is that you can export to your iPad and view the collection, not modify it.
    They sell the 'CLZ app' for mobile devices which you can use to import and view your collection on an iPad, but in the FAQ (under 'support') they specifically state that you can't use it to edit your data. That's really too bad...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    They sell the 'CLZ app' for mobile devices which you can use to import and view your collection on an iPad, but in the FAQ (under 'support') they specifically state that you can't use it to edit your data. That's really too bad...
    Thanks. I thought I had looked all over the site, but hadn't seen that actually written. It is a bummer because if I could use the iPad to update, it would be perfect.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I currently just log my books on shelfari, but don't really put any specific information on it. I use to have software to catalog everything, but when my laptop crashed nothing remained backed up... so I won't rely on that sort of thing again.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I do have a section on shelfproud (I think that''s the name), but haven't had time to upload stuff yet.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast