Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon, do you need front money? If so, its not an issue for me. Just holler!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks Bill, but I think we are good at the moment. I'm just looking for numbers of people who are DEFINITELY interested in purchasing these slipcases in order to get an idea of costs. I'll produce (and confirm feasibility with Jeff) mockups for all the cases so everyone knows what they are buying.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks Bill, but I think we are good at the moment. I'm just looking for numbers of people who are DEFINITELY interested in purchasing these slipcases in order to get an idea of costs. I'll produce (and confirm feasibility with Jeff) mockups for all the cases so everyone knows what they are buying.
    Wait a minute.....I'm starting to get the big picture here......Bill has a New York address in summer, he's offering to front money, and, when he eats out, he always sits in a corner facing the door. Godfather Bill.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to clarify one thing. Right now we're just looking to get confirmed orders for the custom blocking so Simon can work on costing. Of course, the more people who take part, the less the custom blocking will cost each of us. Once we have that squared away, then you'd just place your slipcase orders direct with Jeff.

Right now, here's what I have:

1. Dolan's Cadillac: webstar1000, Bill, Simon, zelig, burial
    2. Castle Rock: Simon, zelig, burial
    3. Doubleday books: Simon, zelig, burial

Peace out...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Wait a minute.....I'm starting to get the big picture here......Bill has a New York address in summer, he's offering to front money, and, when he eats out, he always sits in a corner facing the door. Godfather Bill.

Mulleins

Don Merlin will do!!! LOL I'm fucking "Magical", fuhgeddiboutit!!!!! Ralph, you take care of that thing? Not the first thing the second thing. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be interested in a Doubleday set. That Shining mock up looked great.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'd be interested in a Doubleday set. That Shining mock up looked great.
    Got it. I'll put you on the list. Thanks.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just to clarify one thing. Right now we're just looking to get confirmed orders for the custom blocking so Simon can work on costing. Of course, the more people who take part, the less the custom blocking will cost each of us. Once we have that squared away, then you'd just place your slipcase orders direct with Jeff.

Right now, here's what I have:

1. Dolan's Cadillac: webstar1000, Bill, Simon, zelig, burial
    2. Castle Rock: Simon, zelig, burial
    3. Doubleday books: Simon, zelig, burial

Peace out...

I would be interested in all 3. Depending on price.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I would be interested in all 3. Depending on price.
    Got it.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be interested in a slipcase for Dolan's Cadillac....depending on price.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just heard back from Jeff and he is up for creating these and thinks he may be able to give a discount on the plates depending on the numbers.

One issue he has raised with the Castle Rock plate is our old friend, the copyright laws. Does anyone know if the logo is copyrighted and who I could contact in order to obtain permission?

I suspect we may run into the same issue with the Book titles as well. I *think* I can get round this as I am creating vector copies based on the original rather than using a direct copy of the original itself. They are not 100% identical but close enough not to be noticeable. I am sure I recall Dolso saying this is how he avoids the problem - can anyone confirm this?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

AFAIK the CR Newsletters were an official King thing (not like Beahm's Phantasmagoria) and I think they were edited/published by King's next of kin (a brother of his wife, perhaps). You should probably contact King's office.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    AFAIK the CR Newsletters were an official King thing (not like Beahm's Phantasmagoria) and I think they were edited/published by King's next of kin (a brother of his wife, perhaps). You should probably contact King's office.
    Thanks Michaël. Do you (or anyone else) have a contact address other than the email link on the SK.com site?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mock up for Carrie and added variant (Jeff can do different coloured slipcases):

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just heard back from Jeff and he is up for creating these and thinks he may be able to give a discount on the plates depending on the numbers.

One issue he has raised with the Castle Rock plate is our old friend, the copyright laws. Does anyone know if the logo is copyrighted and who I could contact in order to obtain permission?

I suspect we may run into the same issue with the Book titles as well. I *think* I can get round this as I am creating vector copies based on the original rather than using a direct copy of the original itself. They are not 100% identical but close enough not to be noticeable. I am sure I recall Dolso saying this is how he avoids the problem - can anyone confirm this?

Yes. A public font that closely resembles the original does the trick. Go back and note the title for the "Night Shift" cases for an example. Really close, yet a public font.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the mockup for Dolan's...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. A public font that closely resembles the original does the trick. Go back and note the title for the "Night Shift" cases for an example. Really close, yet a public font.
    I strongly suspect that because of the nature of the newsletter (Ie home created) this is ACTUALLY a public font - I just need to either find proof of that or better still find the actual font!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I strongly suspect that because of the nature of the newsletter (Ie home created) this is ACTUALLY a public font - I just need to either find proof of that or better still find the actual font!
    Yeah, the "Castle Rock" will be tough, but the other titles should be simple however, you do need to switch to a public font. Dick, received a letter from SK's lawyers when he used the actual font on an early case.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I would be interested in a slipcase for Dolan's Cadillac....depending on price.
    Got it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon, the new artworks look great for both Carrie and Dolan's Cadillac. Quick thought. Do you think the "Doubleday" text should be placed at the bottom of the spine, positioned where you'd usually see the publisher name/logo? Just a thought. It looks great where it is too.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,
    Long time lurker, first time poster! Seeing these awesome slipcase designs have tipped the scale for me to finally "officially" join the site. I'm loving where these Doubleday designs are going, so Zelig, please put me down for these as well!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Hi all,
    Long time lurker, first time poster! Seeing these awesome slipcase designs have tipped the scale for me to finally "officially" join the site. I'm loving where these Doubleday designs are going, so Zelig, please put me down for these as well!
    Welcome killjoy72, and congrats on your first post! So happy to have you here and out of the shadows! I have added you to the list... details/instructions will follow later...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Put me down for 2 Dolans and the Doubledays…..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast