Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Series of All Time (BTVSAT)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just went through the polls but I only got to vote in one because I never watched any of the shows in the other ones. Even in the poll I voted in I only watched one of the shows.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just went through the polls but I only got to vote in one because I never watched any of the shows in the other ones. Even in the poll I voted in I only watched one of the shows.
    I guess this is a good opportunity then for you to discover some great series. They were all nominated for a reason. And that's why I've added a video of each and linked the titles to Wikipedia, for those that haven't seen them or had forgotten.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Pablo / Iwritecode - For sure. I really think, that based on the choices here, we have a veritable history of good television listed. While I don't always agree with every choice - I can see why they were included and how they appeal. We have a great spectrum of shows in the polls. Bravo to our members.

Also, the breakdown of the polls by decade - a great idea. You can really see how television has evolved here in the US.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Also, the breakdown of the polls by decade - a great idea. You can really see how television has evolved here in the US.
    But don't forget, there are several British series nominated as well.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh yeah, and I love that!

<-- big fan of BBC America
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    ... It might take a while, sure, but are we really in any hurry? Who doesn't love polls?
    I'm enjoying the ride more than looking forward to the end, anyway. It is plain to me that the Lost fans can overwhelm the rest of us any time (with the possible exception of the Dr. Who contingent). If we're just out to determine what tdt.org members already know and love, I'm not sure that so much effort is really needed.

Country
    Country Flag

If you're saying that Lost winning it all in the end is a foregone conclusion, I'm not so sure. There are plenty of quality series in the 2000s to challenge Lost for it to even make it out of the Decade Final.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree when I look at the nominations list... but when I look at the members list, I get dubious again.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I'm enjoying the ride more than looking forward to the end, anyway. It is plain to me that the Lost fans can overwhelm the rest of us any time (with the possible exception of the Dr. Who contingent). If we're just out to determine what tdt.org members already know and love, I'm not sure that so much effort is really needed.
    LOST/dr who/lost/dr who - i am a big fan of both

if these two end up in the final my head may just explode

Country
    Country Flag

Bracket 7 polls are gonna be late today, my apologies!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just don't let it happen again

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I wish I'd been here for the drawing because I would have voted for Seaquest!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Blake's 7 was ace, I also loved Sapphire and Steel. I haven't nominated any (bar one) UK series though, because unless it's something like Monty Python or Dr Who, no one from the US will know what they are and they won't get voted for anyway. If we were doing UK tv series, my list would be completely different.
    You know, even when I nominated a couple of my favourite UK shows, I would've agreed with this statement Lisa, I just thought that they deserved to be nominated, at least. Boy, am I glad how we're both wrong: have you seen how well Life on Mars is doing against much loved US comedy Arrested Development?!? Even if it loses, it still shows that there's a lot more love for truly great UK shows on this board than we think! That's one thing I've learned from the tournament so far. It'll be interesting to see what else it'll reveal about opinions on so many great shows.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I wouldn't be so certain. I think The Twilight Zone has a very good chance of winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I wish I'd been here for the drawing because I would have voted for Seaquest!!!!!!!!!!
    I really wanted to nominate it, but I think me and you are the only two on the board that love that show. And I just didn't want to see it die an early death.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I've been thinking, as the tournament has gone on, that lots of very good series have not been nominated. I could name at least a dozen without giving it much thought. So I figured it could be fun to add another dimension to our tournament by introducing a "challenger" series. Now this is just an idea so feel free to tell me I'm crazy and we'll forget I even mentioned it. Seeing as how there were 160 series nominated overall for the tournament, I thought we could come up with another 40 to make an even 200. These other series, however, will not be restricted to decades and the show that emerges victorious takes on the winner of the main tournament as a challenger to test its claim as the best television series of all time. This challenger tournament would begin after the main tournament is done with, of course, perhaps a bit afterward maybe, and it would follow the same basic principle we've been using so far.

So, thoughts. Yay or nay?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny; what I've been experiencing is regularly thinking about lousy shows that I'm glad to realize were not nominated.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's funny; what I've been experiencing is regularly thinking about lousy shows that I'm glad to realize were not nominated.
    I could probably come up with a handful of clunkers that I actually liked but nobody else wants to remember. Maybe if we make the nominations but they must be seconded (maybe thirded? is that even a word?) to make the cut.

Country
    Country Flag

Great idea.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of a challenger series.
    Not sure I will venture a nomination, but I'm enjoying the voting process anyway. Talk about expanding my horizons
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, Bracket 12 is going up tomorrow and that will do for the 1950s through the 1980s. Brackets 13 through 16 of the 1990s and the 2000s will be up on Monday, and the next Monday Round 2 will begin.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT

Delete this after but I was wondering if we can get a stickied topic with those who moved on as it's hard to keep track.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Sure thing, I'm sorry I neglected to do that. I'll do so now in the main BTVSAT thread. Thanks!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pablo.

This thread will shortly be sent to the void between realms ...

Country
    Country Flag

BTVSAT Overview

ROUND 1

ROUND 2

Country
    Country Flag

Done!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast