Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 443 of 462 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 441 442 443 444 445 453 ... LastLast
Results 11,051 to 11,075 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Traveler Uncommon can only hope to improve

I am the eBay seller of this signed first edition Carrie book that's in question.

I bought the unsigned copy of the book from the member of your group (Shane)for the BOOK JACKET- you can ask him; my signed copy didn't have one.
    I initially asked him to let me buy the dustjacket & custom case only, without the book. He wouldn't sell them separately; I had to buy the book also.

I have pictures of both copies of the books together, and I'm also selling his copy without the book jacket on eBay now as well.

I have been sent a barrage of cuckoo messages, name calling, and threats over this. If anyone had taken one second to ask me about this, I could have explained why I bought his copy before I sold mine, and proven with pictures before all of this started.

It is an authentic, hand-signed Stephen King book. It's an extremely rare and valuable part of a large collection that I'm selling for very personal and painful reasons. To have people slander me and my auction over their own preconceived misconception is unfair. It's fine if you don't like my items, or doubt the veracity, but harassing me on eBay and swearing at me and calling me names shouldn't be acceptable from this community.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Without calling you any names - It is not an authentic Stephen King signature.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon View Post
    I am the eBay seller of this signed first edition Carrie book that's in question.

I bought the unsigned copy of the book from the member of your group (Shane)for the BOOK JACKET- you can ask him; my signed copy didn't have one.
    I initially asked him to let me buy the dustjacket & custom case only, without the book. He wouldn't sell them separately; I had to buy the book also.

I have pictures of both copies of the books together, and I'm also selling his copy without the book jacket on eBay now as well.

I have been sent a barrage of cuckoo messages, name calling, and threats over this. If anyone had taken one second to ask me about this, I could have explained why I bought his copy before I sold mine, and proven with pictures before all of this started.

It is an authentic, hand-signed Stephen King book. It's an extremely rare and valuable part of a large collection that I'm selling for very personal and painful reasons. To have people slander me and my auction over their own preconceived misconception is unfair. It's fine if you don't like my items, or doubt the veracity, but harassing me on eBay and swearing at me and calling me names shouldn't be acceptable from this community.
    Who cares??? The book your selling is fake as shit. You are being called out because you are trying to pass off something that is totally not real to rip someone that may not know off.... So yes... you sir... are a douche.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I never contacted you on ebay, and I would hope people that did could be professional when doubting the legitimacy of the signature. BTAIM, people feel very strongly about those who "knowingly" sell a fake King signature.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not questioning the signature, but book described as "Like New" should not have a bookplate in it.

*SIGNED* Stephen King "Misery" 1993 Hardcover Book. Mint Condition. In Plastic.

New (Other)
    $299.99
    Aug-11 19:300 bids
    or Best Offer
    +$10.56 shipping

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sad to see that there are 5 people bidding on this item. The signature raises many red flags and RF and others got into those specifics. I believe it to be a fake and I would not want it in my collection even if it was given to me for free.

John

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately for the bidders, it is not an authentic signature on Carrie. And yet another First Edition is defaced.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book also has white markings in the pastedowns from rubbing? Either way, he shows that it’s clean yet look closely.... he painted them with marker. The seller of the first book showed a side by side on Facebook. If it sells he is reporting him to State Police for mail fraud. This guy could actually do time if he goes through with the sale with the proof that the seller has!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This book also has white markings in the pastedowns from rubbing? Either way, he shows that it’s clean yet look closely.... he painted them with marker. The seller of the first book showed a side by side on Facebook. If it sells he is reporting him to State Police for mail fraud. This guy could actually do time if he goes through with the sale with the proof that the seller has!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thus his claim that he only bought the book for the DJ to be used on a different copy doesn't make sense. I guess it's going to work out fine for him as people have bid it up to over $1K.

Unfortunately, federal or local authorities take little or no interest in a $1K ebay auction.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

This has my Spidey Sense tingling.....

Finders Keepers & End of Watch - Stephen King - 1st/1sts - Hardcovers - Signed

Seller has several legit items...and several questionable items.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Yep, those have been around for quite a while...wouldnt touch them
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure which "legit" items your referencing.
    Unless you mean the bookplates, I would not own any of them, not worth a dollar.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

Unless you mean the bookplates, I would not own any of them, not worth a dollar.
    I think his Joyland is good....and the S/Ls
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is good......but would like to see a close up of the signature.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I'd be worried about an obscure Ebay handle with zero feedback selling an item like that though.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

I think his Joyland is good....and the S/Ls
    I will agree with both of your examples, I admit I did not look at the p-back at all because I don't collect p-backs (not my thing)
    Lol, you got me on the S/L's

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    I'd be worried about an obscure Ebay handle with zero feedback selling an item like that though.
    Every seller at one time or another had a zero rating....myself included.

When I started selling on ebay 20 years ago....there was very little protection.....now you're wrapped in Kevlar.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Every seller at one time or another had a zero rating....myself included.

When I started selling on ebay 20 years ago....there was very little protection.....now you're wrapped in Kevlar.
    I'm aware but I have been burned twice by accounts with zero feedback selling rare items. You're protected, but it's still a hassle of a process to get a refund.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

The signature is good, but the seller jacked the photo from another ebay listing and seller, so I would be skeptical of what they will actually send you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horror-Auth...ty!03824!US!-1

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    The signature is good, but the seller jacked the photo from another ebay listing and seller, so I would be skeptical of what they will actually send you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horror-Auth...ty!03824!US!-1
    No shit, right?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm uncomfortable with this:

Rage

$340.00
    Aug-16 01:480 bids
    or Best Offer
    +$3.27 shipping

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks good. Anything in particular on it bother you?

Besides the way its listed etc haha

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    He has 0 feedback and will not show the copyright page too. I asked. NOR will he state where it was signed or how he got it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    He has 0 feedback and will not show the copyright page too. I asked. NOR will he state where it was signed or how he got it.
    Ahhhh well yeah theres that...Just sig-wise...i think its fine. Other stuff could throw up red flags certainly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 443 of 462 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 441 442 443 444 445 453 ... LastLast