Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 100 Novels of All Time - General Discussion

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Nominating The Neverending Story.
    Sorry, no never-ending stories allowed in this type of poll. All stories must have definable parameters and be fundamentally separate from all of the world's other novels.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh come on...

luckily, pablo has enough sense of humor...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seconding (or re-nominating, whichever applies) The Hound and seconding the Orient Express.

Sorry, cannot vote for And Then There Were None - for me this is an unfortunate case of a movie (Russian) spoiling all impression and memories of a book. I cannot make myself vote for it, which is a shame.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

No love for the Princess Bride?

And I second The Neverending Story.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i second Princess Bride

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominating A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    i second Princess Bride
    Thanks
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone nominated Twain's Huckleberry Finn?

John

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Pretty sure, at least I think I remember voting for it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okey dokey. I must have missed it.

Consider it seconded!

John

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

nominate

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    oh come on...

Sure.

Where's the fun in anything if you can't take a joke?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    oh come on...

Sure.

Where's the fun in anything if you can't take a joke?
    Right. Or "God Forbid" make a mistake, right? My apologies for "Ghost Story". I wasn't trying to do anything "Illicit", I just screwed up is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I nominate The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    yes, sure, it was my second nomination (the first being To Kill a Mockingbird)

Guys, please, pay attention! I post these lists for a reason!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Right. Or "God Forbid" make a mistake, right? My apologies for "Ghost Story". I wasn't trying to do anything "Illicit", I just screwed up is all.
    That's alright. Live and learn. We all make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Since I botched it the first time around, I'm renominating-in proper fashion-Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City.
    No big deal. Thanks for participating.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nominating The Grapes of Wrath.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

seconded

The Picture of Dorian Gray
    Kiss me deadly
    Huck Finn

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'd like to nominate Summer of Night by Dan Simmons.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

seconded

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seconding
    Grapes Of Wrath
    The Picture Of Dorian Gray
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Catch-22 is on the list with 5 votes. I assume yours can be added as another seconding.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Secret Garden if it hasn't been done so since the last update (and I'm not out of turn here)

I vote for all the below:
    1984 13
    20,000 Leagues Under The Sea 5
    Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The 10
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (and Through the Looking-Glass) 9
    American Tragedy, An 1
    Andromeda Strain, The 5
    Animal Farm 7
    Battle Royale 1
    Battlefield Earth 1
    Catcher in the Rye, The 7
    Charlotte's Web 3
    Children of Men 0
    Clockwork Orange, A 5
    Cloud Atlas 1
    Count of Monte Cristo, The 3
    Crime and Punishment 7
    Da Vinci Code, The 2
    Dark Tower, The 11
    David Copperfield 3
    Don Quixote 4
    Dracula 7
    Dune 3
    East of Eden 2
    Ender’s Game 2
    Exorcist, The 6
    Fahrenheit 451 13
    Frankenstein 4
    Ghost Story 3
    Godfather, The 2
    Gone with the Wind 3
    Great Expectations 3
    Great Gatsby, The 2
    Gulliver's Travels 6
    Harry Potter 8
    Haunting of Hill House, The 3
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The 6
    Hobbit, The 1
    I Am Legend 6
    Interview With The Vampire 3
    Invisible Man 0
    It 12
    Ivanhoe 2
    Jane Eyre 6
    Jaws 1
    Journey to the Center of the Earth 3
    Last of the Mohicans, The 1
    Life of Pi 1
    Little Prince, The 3
    Little Women 1
    Lolita 5
    Lonesome Dove 1
    Long Walk, The 8
    Lord Of The Flies 13
    Lord of the Rings 7
    Lost World, The 3
    Misérables, Les 5
    Moby Dick 3
    Of Mice and Men 6
    Old Man and the Sea, The 4
    Old Yeller 0
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest 4
    Pride and Prejudice 3
    Princess Bride, The 0
    Psycho 2
    Red Badge of Courage, The 1
    Robinson Crusoe 3
    Rosemary's Baby 4
    Scarlet Letter, The 4
    Shining, The 10
    Silence of the Lambs, The 6
    Something Wicked This Way Comes 1
    Stand, The 13
    Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde 6
    Strangers on a Train 2
    To Kill a Mockingbird 17
    Treasure Island 6
    War and Peace 2
    War of the Worlds 4
    Water for Elephants 0
    Where the Red Fern Grows 1
    Wuthering Heights 3
    Christine

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Hmmm.... I thought I nominated A Song of Ice and Fire by Martin and it was seconded, more than once... Did I miss something?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast