Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Karin Slaughter

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Karin Slaughter

any fans out there? i got into her through that wonderful show Will Trent and i picked up the 1st book Triptych (2006) i read chapter 1 and than i was on good reads and someone posted if you are gonna read the Will Trent series you gotta read The Grant County books because some of those end up in the Series of Will Trent.

so i read recently the book Blind Sighted (2001) her 1st book as well and i fucking loved it. my only complaint was how they reveal the killer as that was really poorly done i think.

she can get pretty graphic when it comes to describing the bodies for those who haven't read her before. now i'm on book #2 i'm already 59% into it as i don't own the physical copy of it. and i'm loving it and so far it's the best one she's done in that series but than she did #6 of these.

the one i'm reading now is call Kisscut (2002) it's got disturbing Material that isn't for everyone because but than you can really look at real life crimes and those as well can often give the people who have to work those nightmares i'm sure.

that's how i look at it anyways

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I read and reviewed four of her books back in the day: Blindsighted, Broken, Fallen, and Kisscut. I remember enjoying them. I'm not sure why I haven't kept up with them. Here's something I wrote about Kisscut:

"Slaughter's books are mentioned in the same sentence as those of Patricia Cornwell, but the sole similarity is that both authors write about women pathologists. Slaughter's style is unique—she's not a Cornwell wannabe. Her writing is edgier. She doesn't shy away from looking directly at a scene of violence and seeing it for exactly what it is, forcing the reader to look along with her."

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think i saw your review on good reads recently as i was going through them wondering what others thought of them. i'm on chapter 18 now i'm damn near done with it now i just started it on Thursday this is prolly the fastest i read a book in quite a while. i just could not put it down i will say that i did not trust that preacher i dunno why i just didn't and i was right too. i have no idea what i'm gonan read next yet but i may take a break from her since i read 2 in a row by her.

Country
    Country Flag

i had started reading A Faint cold of Fear (2003) a few months back got 39% into and stopped i got burnt out i think by her last night i restarted it and i'm only on Page #52 thus far

Country
    Country Flag

well i have since finished it and fucking loved it! you have to read these books in order cause it will make so much more sense cause they do talk about past books even if this is only her 3rd book

Country
    Country Flag

i have since read the 4th book in the series as well and it was an okay book it was thus far the weakest one but now i'm on the 5th one Faithless (2005) it's way to early to know for sure about this one as i'm only 30% into this one i don't currently own this one since i had do download it to read it

+ Reply to Thread