Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From the Hand of the King; Dark Tower Artwork

John F. Kennedy C~Dog is on a distinguished road C~Dog's Avatar

Default From the Hand of the King; Dark Tower Artwork

This used to be just for the Creed thing I was doing on my wall, but I've done more stuff that I thought would be good to include here. :3

~~~

The Gunslinger's Creed
    This is done on the wall. I love the Creed, and wanted to design a gunslinger's emblem to go with it. I chose the crossed guns and a rose connecting them, representing the joined fate of the Gunslinger's of Eld, and the Dark Tower.

Painted Creed and Pencil rose/gun emblem.

Close up of the rose/gun emblem.

Inked linework of the emblem.

Inked base colours of the emblem.

Eye of the King
    The sigul of the Crimson King fascinates me. This was done with red paint on the wall.

Paint on my wall.

Vector Art
    Vector versions of some symbols that I will be using in the future, so they can be resized as I need.

The Eye of the King, digital version.

Unfound.

Door to Can'-Ka No Rey
    An Unfound Door leading from the Mohaine Desert to Can'-Ka No Rey, the field of roses in which the Dark Tower stands. The gunslinger is one of my own design, a combination of Roland, and Justice from the anime Afro Samurai.

Pencil rough sketch.

Linework, i actually redrew the image because i didnt want to go over the original.

Inked version.

The Dark Tower
    The process I went through to create my own design for the Dark Tower. I chose a classical structure reminiscent of European castles.

Tower concept sketches 1.

Tower concept sketches 2.

Chosen tower design, pencil.

Tower design, line work.

Doors
    Random sketches involving doors in some way.

Unfound door sketches.

The Boy.

Roses
    Random sketches involving roses.

Gun + Rose

Rose

Playing Cards
    The current progress I have made on the Dark Tower playing card set I am designing. Inspired by the tarot cards depicted in the Dark Tower prequel comic books. The royals are going to portray important characters from the series. I decided to use different suits to give the deck a more thematic feel.

The Suits; Guns (Spades), Roses (Hearts), Doors (Diamonds), Keys (Clubs)

Ace of Roses

Tower of Roses (ace theme variant)

Tower of Guns

Tower of Doors

Tower of Keys

Joker Pair 1; Red Joker, the Guardians

Joker Pair 1; Black Joker, the Wizard's Rainbow

Joker Pair 2; Red Joker, Maerlyn's Grapefruit

Joker Pair 2; Black Joker, Black Thirteen

~~~

Critique/suggestions are welcome. A also plan on doing a full sized door on either the wall or the roof hahaha

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This could be approved.....right after it is resized

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, you should totally cut out those sections of drywall and save them.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i would. Those look very, very, nice.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Really impressive work.

Roland would have understood.

John F. Kennedy C~Dog is on a distinguished road C~Dog's Avatar

Thanks for the comments.

I've updated the first post with a lot of artwork I have done lately, both digital and traditional. Please check it out! C:

PS: If a mod sees this, could they please change the thread title to "From the Hand of the King; Dark Tower Artwork". Thanks!!
    All hail the King;
    He of the Crimson Eye,
    The Lord of Spiders.
    Hail Discordia.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, man!

And I changed the title for you.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow--those are fantastic! I really love the effect of the Crimson King "blood" dripping on the wall. I wish I had a designated wall to paint DT-related stuff on.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive ! I especially like the DT cards. Thanks for sharing this.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I like the cards as well. If you are thinking of doing tarot cards here is a great source inspiration:
    http://endlessdeck.blogspot.com/

Traveler RolandDeschain is on a distinguished road

I registered just to say awesome work C~Dog, I love the cards, you should totally make a full deck of Dark Tower playing and/or tarot cards, I'd buy em.

EDIT: I just noticed part of your Creed is wrong, the first part should read:

I do NOT aim with my "hand".
    He who aims with his "hand" has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my "eye".

Just mixed up hand and eye is all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fabulous work. Thanks for sharing.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Man I love the artwork. By far my favorite is the playing cards. I would love to have own a deck of something like that!!!!
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

Gunslinger Apprentice KindredAutmn is on a distinguished road KindredAutmn's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

nice work i especially like the final version of Door to Can'-Ka No Rey

Any update on the playing cards? Anyone else wanna finish what C~Dog started? I'd love to have some cool custom deck of Dark Tower inspired playing cards.

EDIT: OK, just to show my lack of skills, here's my attempt at doing one playing card: http://img857.imageshack.us/i/8gunv3.jpg/

What the hell? Who deleted my post? All I did was ask if there was an update from C~Dog on the playing cards. Worthless fucking mods. And I was just about to edit my post to show my own attempt, but fuck you now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    What the hell? Who deleted my post? All I did was ask if there was an update from C~Dog on the playing cards. Worthless fucking mods. And I was just about to edit my post to show my own attempt, but fuck you now.
    No one deleted your post. It was put in Mod queue as you had less than 5 posts at the time and the forum settings do that with posts that have images in them to greatly reduce spam.
    I approved your post and you and others should see it now. I understand your frustration, but believe you reacted a tad harshly.

+ Reply to Thread