Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Allie - "The First Sacrificial Lamb"

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Allie - "The First Sacrificial Lamb"

I know we've discussed her a bit in other threads, but I feel that this tragic character deserves her own thread.

Allie is one of the characters in the series who frequently comes to my mind, sometimes more often than members of the ka-tet. When we first meet her in The Gunslinger, she's just so pitiful, with her safety pin dress and scar on her forehead. I feel for her, I think she's could have really been somebody if she wasn't trapped, wasting away in Tull.

Anyways, let's start discussing Allie...Roland's "first sacrificial lamb" in the Dark Tower series as Bev Vincent calls her in his book The Road To The Dark Tower.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked her a lot too. I loved the way she spoke, it could touch.
    How can she come to your mind so often?

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

She was definitly key to the series. Mainly in the revised version. It's really to bad, but like Letti said, "Why so often?"

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt bad for Allie as well. I felt really bad when Roland had to shoot her when he was leaving.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really sure why I think of her often....i just pity her in a way. As I mentioned earlier, I think she's one of the most tragic characters, next to Roland, in the series.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Erin, I feel the same way. She made an indelible impression upon me as well. And its not like she isn't mentioned several times throughout the series she doesn't seem to be far from Roland's thoughts either.

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    And its not like she isn't mentioned several times throughout the series she doesn't seem to be far from Roland's thoughts either.
    WHen? Could i have an example please?
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Allie because she wanted to trust Roland so so much. That Roland was a very lonely and hard man/monster still Allie was able to love him.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You think Allie loved Roland? Is this just a feeling you have Letti? I don't recall that feeling from her at all, nor from Roland...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah, I don't see Allie as loving Roland. She was facinated with him, and lusted after him and was VERY lonely.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

It depends on that you mean by love. I don't say she was in love with him I don't say she would have been able to die for him. There are so many types of love and yes I feel in some weird way she loved him because she wanted to love and feel again.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I know there are many kinds of love, but I don't see her having love for Roland. She needed him in different ways because of her loneliness and her horniness but she didn't know him long enough to love him
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by Mark88880 View Post
    And its not like she isn't mentioned several times throughout the series she doesn't seem to be far from Roland's thoughts either.
    WHen? Could i have an example please?
    There are a lot of random passages, "and Allie the woman from Tull." I don't have a concordance and no time to hunt them down. She's mentioned at least twice in DT 2 and DT 3. Roland briefly thinks of her in DT 4 before he tales his tale. Somebody help me out?

I just remembered doesn't the grapefruit show Roland a vision of Allie, just for a second- I know Sheb's there but wasn't Allie too? I just woke up.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see Allie loving Roland. Maybe she saw him as a way out but I don't know if I believe that either. I do think Allie was lonely and sad and was comforted by Roland. I don't think she was waiting around to be saved or anything. I think she was just another player put in front of Roland to try and stop him from going to The Tower.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

I can't say I am sure Allie loved Roland but I think it was absolutely possible.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I know there are many kinds of love, but I don't see her having love for Roland. She needed him in different ways because of her loneliness and her horniness but she didn't know him long enough to love him

How long do you have to know someone to love them?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Brice, six to ten days.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

How long do you have to know someone to love them?
    Well that depends, if its you, hmmmmmmmmm if you bathed recently....I'd give 'em a couple of years...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, six to ten days.
    And how did you come up with that number.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Seriously though, you can fall in love with someone quickly of course. But with Alice I don't see it as the case. I actually went back last night and re-read the parts with her in it and it just backed it up. She was awfully lonely and wanted a companion and lusted after him a lot but love? No.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Seriously though, you can fall in love with someone quickly of course. But with Alice I don't see it as the case. I actually went back last night and re-read the parts with her in it and it just backed it up. She was awfully lonely and wanted a companion and lusted after him a lot but love? No.
    i agree with you matthew. allie's feelings for roland were born of desperation, loneliness and lust, not love.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    i agree with you matthew. allie's feelings for roland were born of desperation, loneliness and lust, not love.
    It happens that love is born from desperation, lonelinnes and lust. Love has so many faces.
    Still I don't I can't claim Allie loved Roland but that's how I feel so.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

To put it another way perhaps, would you want someone to love you only because they were lonely - not because of who you are?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast