Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Default Quentin Tarantino Movie Discussion

OK... I am currently watching Reservoir Dogs for, like the 237th time, and it hits me...

Is Mr. White also Wolf from Pulp Fiction? I know Harvey plays both characters but are they one in the same?
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 09-01-2008 at 01:20 PM.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I don't think he is. I don't think that Tarantino's movies are intertwined in the way that say, Kevin Smith's movies are. I think that he just likes to use many of the same actors, like a lot of directors do.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

well, he mentions to Mr. White... asks how Marcelles is... also, Mr. Blond is a Vega (Vincent Vega).

Also, officer Scagneti (sp) is mentioned as well... wasn't he in another film?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Ah, I don't know. Maybe he is the same character, then.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

in

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think its the same guy. The characters are acted differently. Wolf, I think, is meant to be smoother, more cultured, perhaps more educated. He was definately higher up on the food chain than Mr. White. White, while being a professional thief, was still a foot soldier. White isn't dumb by any means but he doesn't strike me as the kind of person that could handle Wolf's role as a "cleaner". If you watch both movies one after the other you'll see what I mean.

Besides...Mr. Wolf has a moustache.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I'm with Cozener on this. Mr. White is not as cultured, smooth and bright as Wolf. Not the same.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    I'm with Cozener on this. Mr. White is not as cultured, smooth and bright as Wolf. Not the same.
    Maybe he's the Wolf's country cousin.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Mr. White - Lawrence Dimmick

The Wolf - Winston Wolf

Two completely different guys with different personalities, styles, jobs, and names.

The Wolf had been written specifically for Keitel, because without him, Tarentino would not have been able to make Reservoir Dogs.

Thanks, Jimmy! I never knew their full names.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Let's get a taco."

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie..."

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

"You shoot me in a dream you'd better wake up and apologize." - Mr. White

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie..."
    "--or are you gonna bite?
    What was that? I'm sorry, I didn't catch it."

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    "You shoot me in a dream you'd better wake up and apologize." - Mr. White
    "Hey Joe, want me to shoot this guy?"

I'll post the one I just posted in fave quotes...

"Fuck you, White! I'm acting like a professional!"

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Also played a cleaner in "Point of no Return" I think. That guy looked a lot like the one in Pulp Fiction.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah he was actually called The Cleaner in that movie too.

Check this out...

http://forums.zgeek.com/showthread.php?threadid=18327

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Putting his face on the bottle, that's too much!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"For all I know, you're the fucking rat!"

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh. One of my ALL TIME favorite movies. I think I may be almost as obsessive over Tarantino as I am of King.

He tends to use a lot of the same names in his films. I've noticed at least two "Bonnies" and "'Bama/Alabamas" and so on, but rarely anything to make me think that those names were meant to insinuate the characters were the same.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Maybe he's the Wolf's country cousin.
    Tex Avery - city wolf and country wolf? Anybody?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Inglorious Bastards - A film by Quentin Tarantino

Tarantino Teases Inglorious Bastards
    World War II remake to take its lead from Kill Bill.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, June 20, 2008 - After announcing at this year's Cannes that his next film would definitely be his World War II actioner Inglorious Bastards, the Net has been rife with speculation about Quentin Tarantino's upcoming effort.

A particularly juicy nugget emerged from aintitcool today, with the site reporting that QT himself told Enzo Castellari – director of the original Inglorious Bastards – in an interview for the film's DVD release that his update would be split over two films, similar to Kill Bill.

Apparently, during research for the script – which revolves around a team of hardened criminals who break free from a transport during WWII and have to fight both the Nazi's and the Allies enroute to freedom in neutral Switzerland –Tarantino uncovered so much material he felt it couldn't be shoe-horned into one feature.

We still haven't heard any casting confirmation, though QT faves such as Tim Roth, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, as well as Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, have all been discussed for roles.

bangoskank1

yeah babbbyyyy!!!! QT is where its at....thanks for the info.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Waiting patiently for this one. I just wish American audiences would have the patience to sit through a 4-6 hour movie, so we could get it all in one chunk.

bangoskank1

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Waiting patiently for this one. I just wish American audiences would have the patience to sit through a 4-6 hour movie, so we could get it all in one chunk.
    what if I gotta pee?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast