Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 515 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I waited for Patrick's copies to sell to post mine. I have 61 (opened) and 73 in shrinkwrap. The book will ship in the original, numbered box placed in another box. $335 shipping included to US.
    You have 61 copies opened and 73 copies unopened... now i know where all the copies have sold so fast...

Just joking but in first read i thought this!°
    I read it the same way! I did the math and thought man that credit card is surely going to go to the fraud department!!!!
    I thought, Shit, he got 134 copies and only got 61 copies opened and then what? Too tired to open the next 73? Realized that he wasn't going to find they accidentally sent a lettered edition mixed in? It dawned on him that the demand for the number of open copies right now is 61 and the market is looking for 73 still in shrink wrap?
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Joyland S/L #126...$310. Free shipping.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Always look at the bright side of life.......

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I am putting this offer out there for ANYONE who wants it.

Bernie wrightson will be attending a comic con here in Cincinnati in September. If anyone would like anything signed please pm me and we can make arrangements!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Bernie wrightson will be attending a comic con here in Cincinnati in September. If anyone would like anything signed please pm me and we can make arrangements!
    Very, very cool of you, dude!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Exactly Dan.
    This tricky crazy person is now wanting to finance a boob job without depleting her book collection.
    What better way than to lie and say Im selling stuff, collect the money via paypal gift, then high-tail it to the nearest plastic surgeon and never ship any books?
    My for sale list is forthcoming...
    Don't even tell me what book I won't be getting, just how much it cost and what condition its in..... and when it won't arrive. I won't even haggle the cost down just tell me the paypal gift address you want it sent to. thats funny :0 I guess you have go back to the other thread to post the pictures..... uh new pride and joy? or the "R" rated one? hahaha
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

TN: auction before and after pics.

Kingfan: That really is very cool!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Very, very cool of you, dude!!!

Only $15 for a single day ticket and a couple hours drive. I may have to check this out myself.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Selling my Joyland S/L. I think it is #208 $350pp gift.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default Trying to Sell to Raise Money For Vet Bills

I used to always be on here, but my life has taken many turns.

I am going to be selling some dark tower and Stand comic books to try and raise money for future surgeries for my cat Majel. She has a disease called feline tooth resorption, which is an immune disorder where the body rejects her teeth. They have only been read once, and have been sealed and in a box since I have read them.

If anyone is interested, in buying or tips on how to go about selling them, I am never on here, because I am so fully into my job and running my page, but please please please, contact me at
    www.facebook.com/thespermwhaleandbowlofpetunias/

or if you're simply interested in donating,
    here's the link for that
    https://www.razoo.com/br/causes/Maje...h-Resorption-1

Thank you so much for your time and your consideration.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

This is why I don't send payments via Gift. Instead, send as a normal purchase, but add 3% for fees to the amount you're sending to the seller who requested Gift and they'll end up with the same amount of money they would have via Gift -- but you're protected in instances like this. Sending payment via Gift -- though I know it's a popular request in this forum -- is a gamble, and an unwise one. Sellers just don't want fees subtracted...so add 3% for the fees, send it as a normal transaction, and both parties are good to go.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    This is why I don't send payments via Gift. Instead, send as a normal purchase, but add 3% for fees to the amount you're sending to the seller who requested Gift and they'll end up with the same amount of money they would have via Gift -- but you're protected in instances like this. Sending payment via Gift -- though I know it's a popular request in this forum -- is a gamble, and an unwise one. Sellers just don't want fees subtracted...so add 3% for the fees, send it as a normal transaction, and both parties are good to go.
    An unwise one only if you don't know who you are dealing with.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck to you. Sorry to hear about your cat but I hope you are doing well.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I agree. Paypal fees should be absorbed by the seller as a cost of doing business anyways. I mean how hard is it to price your item with the 3% already included? It turns me off to see so many folks asking for paypal gift. I am not a man with very deep pockets. I probably shouldn't be spending north of $300 on a collectible anyways and it would be catastrophic if I put out that much money and an expensive item got lost in the mail or damaged. With paypal gift you have no recourse whatsoever. If I'm paying for an expensive item give me paypal with a credit card from a responsible seller who has incorporated his cost of business into his asking price everytime. That way you have two ways of insurance. Paypal and credit card company protection
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The solution is for sellers to offer a Paypal Gift price, and a Paypal non-Gift price.

Buyers will, for the most part, choose the Gift price I believe....I know I will if I know the person I am buying from.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

An unwise one only if you don't know who you are dealing with.
    I disagree with this. The seller being honest, trustworthy, or a good packer of items so they wouldnt get damaged is only part of the equation.

The seller can be A+ or your best friend and the package could still go awry. What if gets blown up in a giant fireball in a postal truck crash like happened in texas a few years ago or the parcel is misappropriated by the Underwear Gnomes (or worse yet another country's Customs dept)? You do not know what is going to happen when shipping a package. sure MOST of the time everything works out ok, but what happens when the low percentage time that something goes wrong it is the S/N LE of the Stand that you just bought? You will be playing your violin on the boards in a post and if you lost the money by sending it paypal gift it will be your own fault.

I love the fact that these boards are a tight knight community and there is a lot of trust among the members. That is a beautiful thing. But whether or not the seller is going to honor his sale and actually ship you the package is only one variable in the equation. If you use paypal gift to send $ and are not prepared to just kiss that money goodbye with no recourse (albeit at the small percentage chance that something goes wrong). Then you are fooling yourself.

Man, I hope I am not blacklisting myself with sellers (as I think a majority of sellers on this site ask for paypal gift), lol Im rather new here and having a lot of fun playing in the sandbox.

I have used paypal gift with a seller and boardsmember that I have already completed a number of successful transactions with. I take the risk on possibly losing out on $30 to SAVE him some money. But I could never afford the risk of losing the funds or not being able to have my credit card company cover it with their insurance of a high dollar buy.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think when sellers are asking for "Paypal Gift" that's a way of saying "You eat the Paypal fees".
    You're entirely free to do you it your way. By adding 3% for fees to the amount you're sending to the seller who requested.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The solution is for sellers to offer a Paypal Gift price, and a Paypal non-Gift price.

Buyers will, for the most part, choose the Gift price I believe....I know I will if I know the person I am buying from.
    I think this turns some buyers off. It definitely is the case with me. Of course selling highly desirable and rare stephen king collectibles that are in high demand and are luxury items gives the seller a little more power in the transaction, but I still think it is a mite bit insulting to the buyer to try and stick them with the fee. I mean it is done in business all the time, but the smart businessman does not flaunt it in the face of the buyer. He just adjusts the price to include the fee and the buyer is unaware of it.

In any case. I AM on the buyer and sellers side and love sticking it to the corporate entity that is trying to gouge us, but the 3% is a small cost for the protection you receive (anything can happen) even if you have to eat it yourself as the buyer.

I certainly am a lot more apt to buy from a seller who knows how to set his price point and include his cost of business into the transaction than one who tries to affix on me his fee (especially if it comes at the price of zero protection for acts of god, lost mail, ect) The paypal system is pretty crazy. Id rather just send a check, lol. but you would have no protection other than the sellers credibility for that too.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

I think this turns some buyers off. It definitely is the case with me. Of course selling highly desirable and rare Stephen king collectibles that are in high demand and are luxury items gives the seller a little more power in the transaction, but I still think it is a mite bit insulting to the buyer to try and stick them with the fee. I mean it is done in business all the time, but the smart businessman does not flaunt it in the face of the buyer. He just adjusts the price to include the fee and the buyer is unaware of it.

In any case. I AM on the buyer and sellers side and love sticking it to the corporate entity that is trying to gouge us, but the 3% is a small cost for the protection you receive (anything can happen) even if you have to eat it yourself as the buyer.

I certainly am a lot more apt to buy from a seller who knows how to set his price point and include his cost of business into the transaction than one who tries to affix on me his fee (especially if it comes at the price of zero protection for acts of god, lost mail, ect) The paypal system is pretty crazy. Id rather just send a check, lol. but you would have no protection other than the sellers credibility for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    I think when sellers are asking for "Paypal Gift" that's a way of saying "You eat the Paypal fees".
    You're entirely free to do you it your way. By adding 3% for fees to the amount you're sending to the seller who requested.

You guys are not entirely correct.

If the seller pays a buyer with a Paypal Gift...and the funds come out of the buyer's Paypal balance or their bank account...there are ZERO fees for the buyer and seller.

If the seller pays a Paypal Gift using their credit card, Paypal does charge the fees to the sender.

I have paid dozens of sellers here via Paypal Gift and have never "eaten" or had a seller "stick" me with a fee for doing so.

The seller can be A+ or your best friend and the package could still go awry. What if gets blown up in a giant fireball in a postal truck crash like happened in texas a few years ago or the parcel is misappropriated by the Underwear Gnomes (or worse yet another country's Customs dept)? You do not know what is going to happen when shipping a package. sure MOST of the time everything works out ok, but what happens when the low percentage time that something goes wrong it is the S/N LE of the Stand that you just bought? You will be playing your violin on the boards in a post and if you lost the money by sending it paypal gift it will be your own fault.
    This is what shipping insurance is for.

Are you suggesting that the seller should "eat it" if the postal truck blows up?

I think the people that sell here would disagree.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure but is that ethical (in a business sense)? When you go buy a slurpee from a 7-11 do they charge you a surcharge for how much the electricity cost to freeze it? No they handle that cost themselves and then sell you the slurpee at an outrageously adjusted (for cost of doing business) price. It is a murky issue. Most seller want to receive as much money as possible for their item. Although many King collectible have a researchable mean price for how much they trade at, you never know how bad somebody wants something or the price they will pay for it.

The trick as a seller is to set the correct price point. The highest the customer will pay and think it is a good deal (which they verify by purchasing it) To then ask the buyer to pay a little bit more (3%) so that the seller can save on that little bit is not good business. Of course some folks may not care, but I as a businessman would not take the risk of potentially losing another sale by adding a surcharge onto a customer by blatantly flashing it in his face because the seller is unwilling to incorporate said amount into his asking price.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this turns some buyers off. It definitely is the case with me. Of course selling highly desirable and rare Stephen king collectibles that are in high demand and are luxury items gives the seller a little more power in the transaction, but I still think it is a mite bit insulting to the buyer to try and stick them with the fee. I mean it is done in business all the time, but the smart businessman does not flaunt it in the face of the buyer. He just adjusts the price to include the fee and the buyer is unaware of it.

If the seller pays a buyer with a Paypal Gift...and the funds come out of the buyer's Paypal balance or their bank account...there are ZERO fees for the buyer and seller.

If the seller pays a Paypal Gift using their credit card, Paypal does charge the fees to the sender.

I have paid dozens of sellers here via Paypal Gift and have never "eaten" or had a seller "stick" me with a fee for doing so.
    That is correct but when you do it like that the buyer has zero recourse if the package does not arrive or is damaged.

The seller can be the best guy in the world, but does his responsibility end when he packages it carefully, buys the postage and drops it in the mail? In my mind it doesn't. The deal is completed when the buyer receives the item and is satisfied with what he has purchased (meaning it is not damaged, misrepresented, not a correct printing, ect)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That is correct but when you do it like that the buyer has zero recourse if the package does not arrive or is damaged.

The seller can be the best guy in the world, but does his responsibility end when he packages it carefully, buys the postage and drops it in the mail? In my mind it doesn't. The deal is completed when the buyer receives the item and is satisfied with what he has purchased (meaning it is not damaged, misrepresented, not a correct printing, ect)
    As I said above...damage that occurs in transit is addressed by shipping insurance.

And if you know the seller....any disputes in regard to printing/edition should not be an issue.

Ask the seller beforehand if you have the right to return an item if not fully satisfied to cover your bases.

Just because you use a CC does not mean you are 100% protected in the event of a less than favorable transaction.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything tippy4 has said on this subject.

If either party is concerned about shipping damage, then the two parties should pre-negotiate the inclusion of insurance and how the cost will be borne.

In regards to the primary topic: Only use Paypal Gift with people you trust. Otherwise use the Goods option and pre-negotiate how the cost will be borne.

For the most formal protection when you trust no one, perhaps eBay is a better option. They have all kinds of policies and procedures and contracts in place all reviewed and written up by legal teams.

I do not really understand those offended by offers in this thread of reasonable prices in which the price offering includes the caveat of payment via PayPal Gift. The point of this thread is to facilitate deals between friends, not to supplant eBay as the iron-clad conduit for deals between strangers.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Perhaps naive on my part but I did assume a member here who has been a member for some time, contributed, etc, would be trustworthy. When dealing with strangers, ebay etc I not only use paypal but also use my AMEX (via paypal) which has a fantastic dispute policy. They will pretty much reverse any charge without question. I think it really sucks that Stevohump took advantage of the members here but at the same time he is probably fully aware of the paypal dispute policies and knew gifted funds could not be disputed.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll leave this for a bit, and then it will be merged into the Classifieds thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 515 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast