Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 441 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    TENET TENET TENET. A fucking masterpiece in how to make a film. Nolan is a master of this craft. His use of story, sound editing and just scene after scene of amazing visuals. Yes hard to follow and you will learn more every time you see it but fuck yes. The first 15 mins felt like the first 15 when I seen Saving Private Ryan. Wow. And the ending....... 10/10 for me. One of my all time fav Nolan’s. If not my fav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sounds like someone's on a liiiiiitle bit of a just-got-out-of-seeing-it high.
    Yeahhhh when it comes to Web and Mike, you have to adjust for hype inflation . (sorry guys you know I love you! )

Nevertheless, I'm sure it's still a great Nolan film. I might not get a chance to see it in 2020 but I can't see my enthusiasm for it dying down. If anything it's going to continue to build.
    Hey, I'm not that bad! Web gave the same score to Polar after he watched it last year!
    No I didn’t come on now man! Lol. I’m not saying another word to you guys about Tenet. I KNOW your gonna love it. Even today I’ve talked about it to my pals that seen it all day. The ones that were not happy? I told them a few “ideas” or “this is what was going on” and now they wanna go back so are coming Tuesday with us. 😂
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Bill & Ted Face The Music and I thought it was fun and a most excellent addition to the other two. I give it 4 Strange Things Are Afoot At The Circle K(s).
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Traveler Kuldon is on a distinguished road

TENET TENET TENET. A fucking masterpiece in how to make a film. Nolan is a master of this craft. His use of story, sound editing and just scene after scene of amazing visuals. Yes hard to follow and you will learn more every time you see it but fuck yes. The first 15 mins felt like the first 15 when I seen Saving Private Ryan. Wow. And the ending....... 10/10 for me. One of my all time fav Nolan’s. If not my fav.

It's on my list to watch this weekend Hope that I will have same emotions like you after I finish watching it

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sounds like someone's on a liiiiiitle bit of a just-got-out-of-seeing-it high.
    Yeahhhh when it comes to Web and Mike, you have to adjust for hype inflation . (sorry guys you know I love you! )

Nevertheless, I'm sure it's still a great Nolan film. I might not get a chance to see it in 2020 but I can't see my enthusiasm for it dying down. If anything it's going to continue to build.
    Hey, I'm not that bad! Web gave the same score to Polar after he watched it last year!
    No I didn’t come on now man! Lol. I’m not saying another word to you guys about Tenet. I KNOW your gonna love it. Even today I’ve talked about it to my pals that seen it all day. The ones that were not happy? I told them a few “ideas” or “this is what was going on” and now they wanna go back so are coming Tuesday with us. 😂
    Hmmm

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1135399
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Get Out - fun and very enjoyable, so much better than Us.
    I feel the same way about them. Us is good, but rather monotonous, lazy in terms of screenwriting, especially comparing with Get Out

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Funny Mike. I love it!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*anxiously awaiting Mike's Tenet review*

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's what I came in here expecting.

Also, MD theaters got the OK to open this Friday.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also it's ironic and sad that pretty much every city in the nation is opening the doors to its theaters except Hollywood, which is the movie capital of the world.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

None opening in the entire San Francisco Bay Area. 9 counties, over 8 million people. I feel your pain.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Theaters still closed in NY and NJ.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One word - Tenet

First, let me say I didn't want to come here right after leaving the theater. I'm clearly known for having post-movie highs. Plus, this situation was on another level, not just because the film was a one-of-a-kind movie experience, but because it was literally the first film I had seen in a movie theater since March.

I had goosebumps walking into the building, goosebumps walking into the theater, goosebumps when the trailers started. When the Warner Bros logo came up. Guess what? More goosebumps. It was amazing and at that point, it didn't matter what film I was seeing. It was just going to be special no matter what.

That being said, my, oh my what a film. I can't give it a perfect score like Web. It needs to be seen a second time for that to happen and the film begs for that. Honestly, Christopher Nolan is operating on another level right now. For a mainstream audience to be graced with a concept like that on the big screen is simply unheard of.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about the film. The best way to go into a film like this is knowing as little as possible. I will say that as long as you get the gist of the concept, you won't have any problem enjoying the film. Now, if you really want to "get" the full concept, that is going to require multiple viewings.

I do have a few issues. One is kind of a big one that seems to plague some Nolan films and that's the fact that the dialogue can be hard to understand sometimes. I did see it in IMAX so the sound was crazy loud. Speaking of sound, Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther, Creed) does a phenomenal job of standing in for Hans Zimmer. My other issue is that the main character isn't really fleshed out too much. He's not even given a name, just going by Protagonist.

For me, this was the perfect film to return to theaters to see. Tenet is why we go to the movies. Tenet is why I love film. Period.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had tickets for last night but moved to tonight. See this a second time. It’s a must. So much more to see here. And my perfect score stands. I want to see it again. There is some guy I read online that’s seen it 50 time’s so far. I can see why. Lol. I just seen you dialogue issue and I had the same the first time but it wasn’t enough to bother me. I picked up a lot more this time. I will see it again... still my favourite movie of the last 10+ years. Love love love it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Films that affect me like what you guys have experienced here for Tenet are few and far between. Movies you can't wait to go back to the theater to see over and over again. For me, I can say Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon affected me that way. It literally changed my life. Pulp Fiction affected me that way. Mulholland Dr. did as well. So did Raiders of the Lost Ark, which might not count, but I was 13 when it came out so how could it not?

I get the feeling Tenet will be the same. I like Nolan, and movies with layers. I don't mind trying to unlock the secrets of a movie on multiple viewings as long as the director is playing fair and not just yanking my chain.

I don't know anything about the plot of Tenet and will try to keep it that way. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be allowed to go to the movie theater any time soon, so the DVD will be a high priority purchase for me. Hopefully with a lot of bonus features and stuff like the Memento DVD had.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Do you guys think they'll release Tenet to rent online anytime soon, like what they did with The Invisible Man? There's so many places where theaters aren't open yet, and even where they are there's still many people that aren't comfortable going to a movie theater. I'm kinda surprised the film didn't get pushed back till next year like a lot of them have.

And speaking of The Invisible Man, I finally saw it. I really enjoyed it, but I was hoping for something a bit scarier, or more tense.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I’d be more open to renting online if it was cheaper than $20. I just don’t understand that price point when I had the AMC pass where I could see 12 movies a month in the theater for $25.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And speaking of The Invisible Man, I finally saw it. I really enjoyed it, but I was hoping for something a bit scarier, or more tense.
    That's a movie that loses 75% effectiveness if you don't watch it in theaters. In theaters it's plenty tense with the atmosphere and sound system booming musical counterpoints into your ears.

You don't get that at home with your barking dogs, cellphone going off, and significant other asking you what you want to eat for dinner.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's a movie that loses 75% effectiveness if you don't watch it in theaters. In theaters it's plenty tense with the atmosphere and sound system booming musical counterpoints into your ears.

You don't get that at home with your barking dogs, cellphone going off, and significant other asking you what you want to eat for dinner.
    Very true.

I guess I wish they postponed it till the pandemic is over. I won't be heading to the theater anytime soon. I wonder how much money they'll loose by releasing it now. It'd be nice if these films that are getting released amid the pandemic will get a second life on the big screen later on.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I missed The Invisible Man earlier, but it's so close to Halloween season now that I thought I'd just save it as an October viewing. Bummer that it wasn't too scary, though. I guess it's more of a psychological thriller?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, more of a psychological thriller. There are some truly thrilling sequences there, and even smaller, quieter moments that give you dread simply because that guy could be anywhere, anytime. There is literally a scene where she's just staring at a doorway with the camera lingering, and it's one of the most tense sequences I've ever experienced in a theater

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

One word - Tenet

First, let me say I didn't want to come here right after leaving the theater. I'm clearly known for having post-movie highs. Plus, this situation was on another level, not just because the film was a one-of-a-kind movie experience, but because it was literally the first film I had seen in a movie theater since March.

I had goosebumps walking into the building, goosebumps walking into the theater, goosebumps when the trailers started. When the Warner Bros logo came up. Guess what? More goosebumps. It was amazing and at that point, it didn't matter what film I was seeing. It was just going to be special no matter what.

That being said, my, oh my what a film. I can't give it a perfect score like Web. It needs to be seen a second time for that to happen and the film begs for that. Honestly, Christopher Nolan is operating on another level right now. For a mainstream audience to be graced with a concept like that on the big screen is simply unheard of.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about the film. The best way to go into a film like this is knowing as little as possible. I will say that as long as you get the gist of the concept, you won't have any problem enjoying the film. Now, if you really want to "get" the full concept, that is going to require multiple viewings.

I do have a few issues. One is kind of a big one that seems to plague some Nolan films and that's the fact that the dialogue can be hard to understand sometimes. I did see it in IMAX so the sound was crazy loud. Speaking of sound, Ludwig Göransson (Black Panther, Creed) does a phenomenal job of standing in for Hans Zimmer. My other issue is that the main character isn't really fleshed out too much. He's not even given a name, just going by Protagonist.

For me, this was the perfect film to return to theaters to see. Tenet is why we go to the movies. Tenet is why I love film. Period.
    Excellent review my boy. I have no doubt that this film is going to require multiple viewings to 'get', but even that initial thrill of confusion is part of the experience.

Stupid California and our stupid not having Covid under control

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dead on. Pos rep coming tour way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Films that affect me like what you guys have experienced here for Tenet are few and far between. Movies you can't wait to go back to the theater to see over and over again. For me, I can say Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon affected me that way. It literally changed my life. Pulp Fiction affected me that way. Mulholland Dr. did as well. So did Raiders of the Lost Ark, which might not count, but I was 13 when it came out so how could it not?

I get the feeling Tenet will be the same. I like Nolan, and movies with layers. I don't mind trying to unlock the secrets of a movie on multiple viewings as long as the director is playing fair and not just yanking my chain.

I don't know anything about the plot of Tenet and will try to keep it that way. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be allowed to go to the movie theater any time soon, so the DVD will be a high priority purchase for me. Hopefully with a lot of bonus features and stuff like the Memento DVD had.
    You're right, there are very few films that make me want to watch them again on the big screen immediately. The most recent film that did that for me was Mad Max: Fury Road.

When you get the Tenet DVD or Blu-ray, be sure to put on subtitles.

As for my state, Connecticut has the virus under control better than many states. I didn't mention it, but in the theater I saw Tenet in, there was nobody within 40 feet of me. I felt completely cool with the entire thing.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right, there are very few films that make me want to watch them again on the big screen immediately. The most recent film that did that for me was Mad Max: Fury Road.

As for my state, Connecticut has the virus under control better than many states. I didn't mention it, but in the theater I saw Tenet in, there was nobody within 40 feet of me. I felt completely cool with the entire thing.
    For me it would be the original Planet of the Apes, then chronologically Jaws, Raiders, and Die Hard. I'm not sure, however, if the experience would feel the same in a less than full capacity theater. Part of the movie experience for me is opening weekend crowds.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

For me it would be the original Planet of the Apes, then chronologically Jaws, Raiders, and Die Hard. I'm not sure, however, if the experience would feel the same in a less than full capacity theater. Part of the movie experience for me is opening weekend crowds.
    You got to see the original Planet of the Apes in theaters!?! That's awesome! Tell me how it was. I always thought that must have been amazing to witness that twist for the first time in theaters at a time where movies weren't really trying to do that much.

Also, one more thing about Tenet, the film is a essentially a spy thriller with heist elements. Nolan really loves heist films. This is his Bond film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 441 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 ... LastLast