Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 741 of 971 FirstFirst ... 241 641 691 731 739 740 741 742 743 751 791 841 ... LastLast
Results 18,501 to 18,525 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Thanks peri, I hadn’t seen it either. Seems like a bullshit lawsuit from what I can tell. If every character ever written throughout time had to be completely different, there’d barely be any books to read and no movies would ever have been made. A Harry Truman quote comes to mind: “The only thing new in the world is the history you do not know.”
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Reminds me of how tedious a deposition is.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Reminds me of how tedious a deposition is.
    Q: Did you, or did you not, scratch your ass in 1971?
    A: I don't remember.
    Q: Are you saying you don't remember scratching your ass in 1971, or that you do recall scratching your ass but can't recall if it happened in 1971 specifically?
    A: I don't recall scratching my ass specifically in 1971.
    Q: I have here exhibit 1A, an interview you gave in 1985, where you described yourself as "an ordinary ass scratcher." Are you saying this quote is inaccurate? Are you saying that you never said these words?
    A: I don't remember.
    Q: For the record, we are asking specifically about ass-scratching during the period of time during which you first conceived and wrote material about Roland/The Gunslinger.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sure King didn't
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sure King didn't
    Depositions-testimony can be grueling. You have professional assholes (attorneys) who make a living out of questioning people until they make a mistake, get frustrated, or in fact get caught in a lie. They can ask questions, and get answers from The Virgin Mary that would embarrass her.

It's still fascinating how much misinformation there is out there regarding King. Some stuff from himself.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Depositions-testimony can be grueling. You have professional assholes (attorneys) who make a living out of questioning people until they make a mistake, get frustrated, or in fact get caught in a lie. They can ask questions, and get answers from The Virgin Mary that would embarrass her.
    Yep. And you don't have to be (or work with) anyone terribly noteworthy to get caught up in one, either.

Some advice if you are:

-make a habit of pausing at least 2 seconds before saying anything - this will allow your attorney/representative to jump in with any kind of objection, which may remove the need to say anything, and will give you an opportunity to catch yourself before you "give away the store" and provide unnecessary information/speculation, or something innocent yet inappropriate (like inadvertently confusing hearsay with fact).

-be ready for the opposing attorney to simply stare at you for a few moments when you finish speaking - this prompts people to instinctively continue speaking, which is what they want - just fall silent when you've said what you wanted to say and ignore the implied pressure to continue.

-in general, give the shortest truthful response.

(I'm no lawyer, but I've been in one of these, and the prep I received took much pressure off).

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was banned from the site by mistake and wanted to thank Ari for getting me reinstated.
    Thanks Again

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    I was banned from the site by mistake and wanted to thank Ari for getting me reinstated.
    Thanks Again
    Oh, maybe I was banned 3 or 4 times in error? lol lol lol Surely that was the reason, right? lol lol

I was once banned for a vagina!!! What's up with that? lol lol lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Thanks Again
    Welcome back!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys heard of Library of America? I received a postcard from them yesterday and was a little intrigued as to how nice their productions are.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have all of the Library of America Kurt Vonnegut retrospective editions, and I like them very much. The pages are very thin so they manage to put a lot of material in a rather small volume, which makes it easier to read. I would recommend them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Have you guys heard of Library of America? I received a postcard from them yesterday and was a little intrigued as to how nice their productions are.
    They are great at producing definitive, complete collections. Definitely a great resource for significant works. Not "collectible" in the sense that attracts many here, but for book lovers and serious readers, LOA is indispensable.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have all of the Library of America Kurt Vonnegut retrospective editions, and I like them very much. The pages are very thin so they manage to put a lot of material in a rather small volume, which makes it easier to read. I would recommend them.
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    They are great at producing definitive, complete collections. Definitely a great resource for significant works. Not "collectible" in the sense that attracts many here, but for book lovers and serious readers, LOA is indispensable.
    Thanks, guys. I figured they didn't have much value as far as collecting but thought they may look nice in a bookcase.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I figured they didn't have much value as far as collecting but thought they may look nice in a bookcase.
    If you like attractive books (if you are cultured and sane), you could seek out used copies from LOA subscribers through eBay etc. From what I've read, the books themselves are exactly the same as what you can buy at a bookstore or from their website, but instead of being issued in the black dust jackets, they are issued in slipcases (of a cream/white color). The slipcases are basic, but attractive and classic in appearance (to me, anyway). I suspect LOA books largely go under the radar online - I often see these for <$20, so go look for a few bargains - you may see something you like. I recommend you (and everyone else, really) take a look at these.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Today I saw BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, and one of the characters said, "I'm so sorry." I hear this sentence in 99% of the movies I see.

If anyone finds this comment totally irrelevant, then, "I'm so sorry."
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I figured they didn't have much value as far as collecting but thought they may look nice in a bookcase.
    If you like attractive books (if you are cultured and sane), you could seek out used copies from LOA subscribers through eBay etc. From what I've read, the books themselves are exactly the same as what you can buy at a bookstore or from their website, but instead of being issued in the black dust jackets, they are issued in slipcases (of a cream/white color). The slipcases are basic, but attractive and classic in appearance (to me, anyway). I suspect LOA books largely go under the radar online - I often see these for <$20, so go look for a few bargains - you may see something you like. I recommend you (and everyone else, really) take a look at these.
    Thanks for info Troy. The slipcases is what really drew me into them when I was looking through the mailer. I have this thing about slipcases

Country
    Country Flag

Today I saw BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, and one of the characters said, "I'm so sorry." I hear this sentence in 99% of the movies I see.

If anyone finds this comment totally irrelevant, then, "I'm so sorry."
    I find your comment to be completely random......

None of my Library of America books have slipcases.

I think I posted a picture of them on the Kurt Vonnegut thread, but no one seems interested in that thread anymore.

Country
    Country Flag

None of my Library of America books have slipcases.

I think I posted a picture of them on the Kurt Vonnegut thread, but no one seems interested in that thread anymore.
    Like Troy said, I think you have to be a subscriber to the get the slipcased/non-jacketed editions. The first book is $5.95 plus shipping. Looks like future books go for about $30 with shipping included.

Lord knows I don't need another thing to collect but I'll probably end up doing this. At least for awhile.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Glen, your inbox is full

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Glen, your inbox is full
    I'd like to reply to your message...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TDT.org friends, I need your help!

Most of you know that my dream is to be able to write full-time. I've written two novels and have now decided to try a new publishing route with my new novel, Showtime. Agents have been rejecting Showtime since I started submitting it over the summer, but friends, family, strangers, and everyone who has read it has had nothing but positive things to say about it. So much so that I've decided to place Showtime's publication in the hands of its readers instead of literary bigwigs.

I'm running a campaign on Inkshares, which is a publishing company where the books published are chosen 100% by readers. If a book gains 750 pre-orders, it’ll be edited, published, distributed, and marketed by Inkshares.

The link to my page is below. I’d be super grateful for your support! If you know anyone else that may be interested in pre-ordering a copy (or two, or ten)--friends, family, co-workers, strangers, people with eyes, etc.--I'd love it if you would help me by forwarding the link to ANYONE who you think would enjoy Showtime. The campaign is 90 days, so I want to get this thing rolling and off the ground ASAP! If you've been one who has read it, it would also help the campaign if you left a short review (even a sentence or two) on my page.

Link: https://www.inkshares.com/books/showtime

Thanks in advance for your help and support! You guys rock!

Ricky
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, Ricky. What happens with the pre-orders if it doesn't reach 750?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it doesn't reach 750, all pre-order monies are automatically and 100% refunded by Inkshares. No caveats!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 741 of 971 FirstFirst ... 241 641 691 731 739 740 741 742 743 751 791 841 ... LastLast