Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fuck Sony is stupid.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It means they can now have Tom Holland's Spider-Man Venom 2 or 3.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It means they can now have Tom Holland's Spider-Man Venom 2 or 3.
    We could have before though.... they even said that. But it just means that we get him for the last of the contract and then no more. They were working on a additional 7 pictures and now we get what.. 2 more? I would way rather see him in the Marvel cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Might not be all that a big deal, like they say here, could all just be negotiation tactics:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Might not be all that a big deal, like they say here, could all just be negotiation tactics:

I SO HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.... he was my hands down fav in that universe...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Honestly I feel like almost all these articles completely jumped the gun on this one. I saw the some of the original ones, then they all had an "updated" section not that long later saying that nothing was final yet. So this is one of those things that until Sony or Marvel say the deal is off in an official statement I'm just don't particularly buy these stories. Realistically I can't imagine Sony will really want to deal with the PR nightmare that pulling Spider-Man from the MCU will be for them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Honestly I feel like almost all these articles completely jumped the gun on this one. I saw the some of the original ones, then they all had an "updated" section not that long later saying that nothing was final yet. So this is one of those things that until Sony or Marvel say the deal is off in an official statement I'm just don't particularly buy these stories. Realistically I can't imagine Sony will really want to deal with the PR nightmare that pulling Spider-Man from the MCU will be for them.
    They will be hated. It would be silly to lose him over money... I mean the merc rights for Disney HAVE to be massive. And as Mae said... the only plus side is that Holland would immediately be cast in the Venom movie WHICH... I believe he would have been in the next one anyways... in some capacity.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    They will be hated. It would be silly to lose him over money... I mean the merc rights for Disney HAVE to be massive. And as Mae said... the only plus side is that Holland would immediately be cast in the Venom movie WHICH... I believe he would have been in the next one anyways... in some capacity.
    The problem really is that Sony doesn't see it quite the same way. Because essentially they get more money if they pull him from the MCU, but at the same time they would take a massive PR hit for doing so and loose the clout that the MCU comes with. While Disney are the ones after more money in this situation they have the stronger ground to argue on as everyone will blame Sony even if Disney are the ones digging for more money.

Country
    Country Flag

The problem really is that Sony doesn't see it quite the same way. Because essentially they get more money if they pull him from the MCU, but at the same time they would take a massive PR hit for doing so and loose the clout that the MCU comes with. While Disney are the ones after more money in this situation they have the stronger ground to argue on as everyone will blame Sony even if Disney are the ones digging for more money.
    Ill blame Sony.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Ill blame Sony.
    Generally (without knowing the details of their agreement) I'm inclined to blame Sony as well. That said if their agreement is Sony finances 60% and Disney 40% then Sony gets 60% profit and Disney gets 40%, but Disney wants to change it to a 50/50 profit split while leaving the financing the same, then I kinda agree with Sony on this one. Especially since Sony doesn't get a dime of money from merchandising. All this said I'd probably personally leave the Peter Parker version of Spider-Man in the MCU and develop and "Ultimate Spider-Man" franchise using Miles Morales character as your main Spider-Man, since he's already proven to be successful in the animated movie.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm confused. I thought the agreement between Sony and Disney ended with Far from Home, and Sony was due to "take back" Spider-Man at this point, to use exclusively in their own movies.

I can see why Disney and Sony would negotiate for further joint projects with the IP, but I'm not that surprised that Sony is reluctant. There's not much in it for them - especially if Disney is asking for a bigger piece of the pie, and Sony can't use the character in their own projects.

Was there a deal struck to continue to use Holland in further MCU projects, which Sony is now breaking? I hadnt heard that.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm confused. I thought the agreement between Sony and Disney ended with Far from Home, and Sony was due to "take back" Spider-Man at this point, to use exclusively in their own movies.

I can see why Disney and Sony would negotiate for further joint projects with the IP, but I'm not that surprised that Sony is reluctant. There's not much in it for them - especially if Disney is asking for a bigger piece of the pie, and Sony can't use the character in their own projects.

Was there a deal struck to continue to use Holland in further MCU projects, which Sony is now breaking? I hadnt heard that.
    No but they had always expected to keep going. 5 pictures at a time... I mean we don't really know the ins and outs... but why would Sony NOT want to be in the most successful universe ever created? BIG $$ for them... they would be foolish not to work with Marvel and Disney.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

That's what this was I believe. They were at the "re-negotiating" phase for the next round of movies. Supposedly Disney asked for a larger cut, Sony countered, and Disney said no. All the initial articles lead me to believe that was the end of it, but now they've all gone back on that and supposedly negotiations are still ongoing.

Country
    Country Flag

That's what this was I believe. They were at the "re-negotiating" phase for the next round of movies. Supposedly Disney asked for a larger cut, Sony countered, and Disney said no. All the initial articles lead me to believe that was the end of it, but now they've all gone back on that and supposedly negotiations are still ongoing.
    Sony has confirmed the split... They did today... I hope your right but... And Sony stock already falling. lol

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ntinue-marvel/
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Sony has confirmed the split... They did today... I hope your right but... And Sony stock already falling. lol

Nope you're right, it's just the news breaking for this has been a total mess. I still don't really blame Sony on this one. Disney wanted more money, and they were already the ones earning big off of it. It looks like we get 2 more Spider-Man movies with the current cast and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go. It's just a shame we won't see anymore cross over characters. On the plus side we don't have to have the whole Happy / Aunt May side arc anymore.

Country
    Country Flag

Nope you're right, it's just the news breaking for this has been a total mess. I still don't really blame Sony on this one. Disney wanted more money, and they were already the ones earning big off of it. It looks like we get 2 more Spider-Man movies with the current cast and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go. It's just a shame we won't see anymore cross over characters. On the plus side we don't have to have the whole Happy / Aunt May side arc anymore.
    That didn't bother me in the least.... I am more bothered its back in the hands of a company that doesnt know what to do with the property. ALL Spiderman films I was not a fan of until Holland and Marvel. I even thought Venom was trash.... could have been SO MUCH BETTER. WE shall see though.... we shall see. Quite a movement on line to boycott Sony. They may bend on this from a stock/$ point of view. Could be worse off leaving...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

That didn't bother me in the least.... I am more bothered its back in the hands of a company that doesnt know what to do with the property. ALL Spiderman films I was not a fan of until Holland and Marvel. I even thought Venom was trash.... could have been SO MUCH BETTER. WE shall see though.... we shall see. Quite a movement on line to boycott Sony. They may bend on this from a stock/$ point of view. Could be worse off leaving...
    Maybe but if they've already confirmed it it's probably worse for them to flip flop back now. It show's a lack of confidence which can also have a negative impact on stock prices. As I understand it they're still going with the original story plan that they laid out with Marvel and they've got the same director and same cast (minus the MCU characters). I don't know about the writers, but Jon Watts has a screenplay credit for Homecoming and he's the director so I'm not to worried about that. Really the big thing they're loosing is Kevin Feige producer input, which if they already had a plan in place (which it sounds like they did) then it really shouldn't matter too much. Honestly what's more worrying is how much they may or may not screw up by trying to put Tom Holland Spider-Man and their current Venom in the same universe.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe but if they've already confirmed it it's probably worse for them to flip flop back now. It show's a lack of confidence which can also have a negative impact on stock prices. As I understand it they're still going with the original story plan that they laid out with Marvel and they've got the same director and same cast (minus the MCU characters). I don't know about the writers, but Jon Watts has a screenplay credit for Homecoming and he's the director so I'm not to worried about that. Really the big thing they're loosing is Kevin Feige producer input, which if they already had a plan in place (which it sounds like they did) then it really shouldn't matter too much. Honestly what's more worrying is how much they may or may not screw up by trying to put Tom Holland Spider-Man and their current Venom in the same universe.
    Which you know they will. That will be first order of business is to shoehorn Holland into the next venom movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

why would Sony NOT want to be in the most successful universe ever created?
    Because it comes with conditions. Disney is calling the shots, and Sony has restricted use of the Spider-Man property while it appears in the MCU.

I think of it this way: imagine if a network had a successful show, and had the opportunity to do a crossover with another network's more successful show. They do a few eps of that, to everyone's mutual benefit. But in order to continue doing that, the network's original show can't have those characters back, effectively suspending their own show.

At that point, the other network borrowing those characters is getting most of the upside. The network that owns those characters can't capitalize on the increased visibility the crossover gave them. Yes, they are getting more revenue, but they have lost the control over the property that they need to build on that success.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Because it comes with conditions. Disney is calling the shots, and Sony has restricted use of the Spider-Man property while it appears in the MCU.

I think of it this way: imagine if a network had a successful show, and had the opportunity to do a crossover with another network's more successful show. They do a few eps of that, to everyone's mutual benefit. But in order to continue doing that, the network's original show can't have those characters back, effectively suspending their own show.

At that point, the other network borrowing those characters is getting most of the upside. The network that owns those characters can't capitalize on the increased visibility the crossover gave them. Yes, they are getting more revenue, but they have lost the control over the property that they need to build on that success.

HBJ
    You cannot honestly believe that Sony will do better with this property with ALL the profits than Marvel can with SOME of the profits? I get your point but truly believe this to be an anomaly. Not to mention Sony is getting its ass torn on the message boards and threads. Hashtag #boycottsony I think... is trending big time. This could seriously hurt a company that is already hurting in the movie industry
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

HBJ
    You cannot honestly believe that Sony will do better with this property with ALL the profits than Marvel can with SOME of the profits? I get your point but truly believe this to be an anomaly. Not to mention Sony is getting its ass torn on the message boards and threads. Hashtag #boycottsony I think... is trending big time. This could seriously hurt a company that is already hurting in the movie industry
    Oh, I agree. But Sony clearly don't want to believe that the only way they can make their highly desirable property successful is to give their main competitor exclusive access to it. It's completely understandable.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

On top of that Disney wanted 50% of the gross for continued involvement, which is a huge increase over the 5% that they were supposedly getting before. If you look at it from a purely financial aspect, if they're movies under preform by 50% (which they won't) they're still coming out ahead of where they would be if they accepted Disney's terms. Just looking at say Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which was garbage) only made 172 million less than Spider-Man Homecoming. Even if they were to drop to those numbers they'd still be way ahead of giving 50% to Disney for essentially the use of Kevin Feige's time and some the ability to use characters from the MCU. So again I can't really blame them. Everyone is blaming Sony in for this, but to me this is Disney throwing it's weight around.

Country
    Country Flag

On top of that Disney wanted 50% of the gross for continued involvement, which is a huge increase over the 5% that they were supposedly getting before. If you look at it from a purely financial aspect, if they're movies under preform by 50% (which they won't) they're still coming out ahead of where they would be if they accepted Disney's terms. Just looking at say Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which was garbage) only made 172 million less than Spider-Man Homecoming. Even if they were to drop to those numbers they'd still be way ahead of giving 50% to Disney for essentially the use of Kevin Feige's time and some the ability to use characters from the MCU. So again I can't really blame them. Everyone is blaming Sony in for this, but to me this is Disney throwing it's weight around.
    No this is not Disney throwing thier weight around.. this is called negotiations. Gotta start somewhere and they def deserve more than 5%. I bet they settle somewhere in the 25-30% range and this goes through. Disney is a business.... can you blame them for wanting more for all thier hard work?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but with Spider-man having no role in phase 4, there's still a lot of time for things to smooth over and get sorted out. Sure Spider-Man can survive without the MCU, but it's clear nobody wants him to. While I thought into the spiderverse was one of the best Spider-Man films, Venom was a barely passable dumpster fire of Tom Hardy acting like a drug addict for 2 hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast