Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 889 of 972 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879 887 888 889 890 891 899 939 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,225 of 24289

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Interesting to see this purse conversation in a forum of book collectors; are we really wondering why someone would want a more finely crafted version of something relatively ordinary?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Also, in case anyone suspected the opposite, I actually like Venable (I also like posting random things in the random thread).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't get the purses thing at all, they're right up there with sneakers (how stupid is that?) and shoes.

Of course the flip side to that is it's PERFECTLY normal to collect signed books, baseball cards, movie posters, art prints, ancient coins, stamps, historical artifacts, Beatles memorabilia, and antiques. PERFECTLY normal I tell you.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Interesting to see this purse conversation in a forum of book collectors; are we really wondering why someone would want a more finely crafted version of something relatively ordinary?
    Oh my friend that I was speaking of gives me shit right back on the amount I've spent on books. And then Jeremy took it to this whole other level. Maybe that's a French thing or they are really into their purses over there And then Lurker called me a child and I didn't get out of bed for a day I was so distraught. Because what people say and think about you on the internet honestly matters at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I don't get the purses thing at all, they're right up there with sneakers (how stupid is that?) and shoes.

Of course the flip side to that is it's PERFECTLY normal to collect signed books, baseball cards, movie posters, art prints, ancient coins, stamps, historical artifacts, Beatles memorabilia, and antiques. PERFECTLY normal I tell you.
    My nephew is into the whole shoe thing. My book budget pales in comparison to what that kid spends. It's a whole other level of hurt.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Robert is sometimes a valued member of the bibliophile community.
    Please! I blush.

Also, call me Bert.
    Conveniently edited for content there, Bert
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Probably the best post I’ll read today.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Probably the best post I’ll read today.
    You need to get out more, Peter

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Conveniently edited for content there, Bert
    Hey, the other part didn’t make me blush.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Oh, aren't the 12 year olds cute.
    To be fair, men never actually grow up, we simply become 12-year-olds with an increasing number of years' experience.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My nephew is into the whole shoe thing. My book budget pales in comparison to what that kid spends. It's a whole other level of hurt.
    I'm not a sneakerhead but I'll spend $150+ to buy a nice pair of Jordans for myself every few years. I don't seal them up in plastic boxes to display them though. I wear them. Most of them I'll wear for 10 years or more so I definitely get my money's worth out of them.

If I was a millionaire, I would totally be a sneakerhead though. I'd have an entire walk-in closet filled with my favorite shoes.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I just wanted to give a quick shout out and thank you to all the folks who've dropped me positive comments, PMs and reputation about how I'm managing to pull off my still-relatively-new moderator duties here on TDT. Believe me, the kind words are much appreciated and not something you get in all places where you do stuff like this. Know that every one of them is going into the folder that I'll use to justify a huge pay raise from RF when the time comes
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hey, I just wanted to give a quick shout out and thank you to all the folks who've dropped me positive comments, PMs and reputation about how I'm managing to pull off my still-relatively-new moderator duties here on TDT. Believe me, the kind words are much appreciated and not something you get in all places where you do stuff like this. Know that every one of them is going into the folder that I'll use to justify a huge pay raise from RF when the time comes
    I'm a mod on another message board and it's in my contract that my salary doubles every single year. You should push for that same deal.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some rotaries are the driving equivalent of the LaMarchand Configuration.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a mod on another message board and it's in my contract that my salary doubles every single year. You should push for that same deal.
    RF got a pretty good deal with me, only a penny a year to start but then he doubles it every year so 2 cents next year, then 4 cents, etc. with a guaranteed 30 year contract. What a master deal maker he is!

RF got a pretty good deal with me, only a penny a year to start but then he doubles it every year so 2 cents next year, then 4 cents, etc. with a guaranteed 30 year contract. What a master deal maker he is!
    Wait you started out at a penny? That's more than I got. I need to renegotiate.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some rotaries are the driving equivalent of the LaMarchand Configuration.
    Oh shit. Now I remember that someone hinted that the next Suntup book, to be announced thursday, may be this one?
    Which I would love if it was.... but the limited will probably be sold out with the previous rights
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They now have closed all indoor, and outdoor dining in our county. No barbershops or hair salons-even outdoor. It's pretty draconian.
    My local police department says they won't enforce the ordinances; and my local pub is defying the order (for now). The pub still faces trouble from the ABC, and potential citation from the County Health Department.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't done any indoor or outdoor dining or visited a barbershop or salon since last December. The very thought of doing those things gives me hives.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So thankful my sister at one point was a hair stylist. I get all my cuts for free. Have been doing the out door dining but just on Sundays at two different (and some of the very few) restaraunts that offer outdoor dining here. Even though stores have mask signs up, I'd say a good 80% ignore them or don't wear them correctly in certain counties and restaurants and stores have been at full capacity for weeks, some cases months, now. See most people think COVID is a joke and look at you funny when you wear masks here so very few actually dine outdoors. It's getting too cold for that so I am not sure how to rectify that situation. Our daily infection rate of those tested remains over 21% for weeks now and is starting to see that Thanksgiving spike we all knew was coming. They'll be a Christmas and then a New Year's spike as well. Only 50 million vaccinations for America over all. I hope Moderna hurries things as fast as they can even though I doubt 70% of Americans will take the vaccine. I really feel bad for the first responders and people that work in hospitals because they have been getting their asses beat, even have people die on them swearing they've been misdiagnosed and that COVID doesn't exist. Wills of Iron these folks have, I would have quit when the first asshole said it was a hoax. I'm thankful for all the people in this country that are much better than I.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In the SF Bay Area, we have excellent mask wearing. I'd estimate over 99% when in stores. Store staff simply won't serve the unmasked. Even at gas stations, mask usage is over 75%. This is probably why our area is spiking at numbers far lower than the national average.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope Moderna hurries things as fast as they can even though I doubt 70% of Americans will take the vaccine.
    I'd actually put that number at (checks current presidential election results) around 46.8% who won't take it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would estimate that 66+% end up taking the vaccine. If so, then the other 33% can risk infection, but they shouldn't be enough to overwhelm hospitals. We should effectively have herd immunity if 2/3 of the public gets the vaccine before next fall.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I hope Moderna hurries things as fast as they can even though I doubt 70% of Americans will take the vaccine.
    I'd actually put that number at (checks current presidential election results) around 46.8% who won't take it.
    There was a survey done that showed 60% of doctors WOULD take the vaccine and only 40% of nurses who WOULD take the vaccine. You'd think they'd all want it.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I have pickled peppercinoes, a tomato, an onion, olive oil, butter, salt and pepper, what sort of cheese would go best with this for making an omelet? I have extra sharp white, extra sharp yellow, aged reserved (cracker barrel), feta (flavored with basil and tomato) and havarti....any ideas?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Those seeking uplifting news, seek no more:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/pa...021/index.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 889 of 972 FirstFirst ... 389 789 839 879 887 888 889 890 891 899 939 ... LastLast