Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 567 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 ... LastLast
Results 13,376 to 13,400 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    What thread is this? Was there a question?

Oh yeah, should factory shrinkwrap be removed?

The definitive answer is...
    Spoiler:
    Yes,
    Spoiler:
    if you want to read it, or look at it, or touch it, or smell it, or see if it is signed, or see if there is even a limitation page, or see if it's actually a first edition, or if it's even the book you thought, or see if there is any mold, mildew, moisture, or glue seepage which caused damage, etc.,
    Spoiler:
    unless as a collector you decide that you want to leave it on for any number of reasons,
    Spoiler:
    such as the book is in a slipcase and the shrinkwrap isn't likely to cause any immediate damage, or it's a book that you are planning to flip and not really a part of your collection, (These two are the only reasons that I ever leave it on.)
    Spoiler:
    or you just prefer to leave it on because you think it's worth more that way, or it makes the book feel new, or because you've had that book that way for 30 years and you aren't going to change it now, or you just think it looks cool,
    Spoiler:
    or that's simply the way you like it, etc..
    Yep... I think that pretty much wraps it up.
    I will wholeheartedly agree with that statement..

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

“Can you stick to FB then, and stop bothering the rest of us with all your high and mighty bullshit?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I’ve never “got” the whole Facebook thing. Not the SK group on Facebook - I mean Facebook in general. Never appealed to me.
    Although I have an account; I'm mostly in this camp with you, Alan.

What thread is this? Was there a question?

Oh yeah, should factory shrinkwrap be removed?

The definitive answer is...
    Spoiler:
    Yes,
    Spoiler:
    if you want to read it, or look at it, or touch it, or smell it, or see if it is signed, or see if there is even a limitation page, or see if it's actually a first edition, or if it's even the book you thought, or see if there is any mold, mildew, moisture, or glue seepage which caused damage, etc.,
    Spoiler:
    unless as a collector you decide that you want to leave it on for any number of reasons,
    Spoiler:
    such as the book is in a slipcase and the shrinkwrap isn't likely to cause any immediate damage, or it's a book that you are planning to flip and not really a part of your collection, (These two are the only reasons that I ever leave it on.)
    Spoiler:
    or you just prefer to leave it on because you think it's worth more that way, or it makes the book feel new, or because you've had that book that way for 30 years and you aren't going to change it now, or you just think it looks cool,
    Spoiler:
    or that's simply the way you like it, etc..
    Man, that was like one of those Russian Doll things.

I personally wouldn't have a problem taking advise from Kris or purchasing something from him. Dude's just above my pay grade
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to request that if you have a copy of The Best American Short Stories 2007, that you look at the inside front cover and first page.....and inside back cover and last page.

I have several copies of this book, and notice where the cover and page come into contact with one another, there is browning. And, if something was in between the cover and page, that prevented the browning.

Check it out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I would like to request that if you have a copy of The Best American Short Stories 2007, that you look at the inside front cover and first page.....and inside back cover and last page.

I have several copies of this book, and notice where the cover and page come into contact with one another, there is browning. And, if something was in between the cover and page, that prevented the browning.

Check it out.
    Just checked my copies and zero browning.

Edit: I take that back, yes I see a light brown tone on the pages. I took into a different room with bright lighting.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody has the "Mark Lawson Talks To Stephen King" full interview video?

hence the full interview of :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIY6iG6Bihc
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Stephen King's Battleground. Why is this book that has a lettered, artist signed edition, and a trade first not listed on here? Thanks
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps you missed this Catalog entry:
    Stephen King's Battleground - Lettered

The other editions were left out as King didn't sign them and the book is primarily script related (although it does contain King's short story Battleground).

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Perhaps you missed this Catalog entry:
    Stephen King's Battleground - Lettered

The other editions were left out as King didn't sign them and the book is primarily script related (although it does contain King's short story Battleground).
    I did miss that. Thought it would have been in the "Bs." Thank you
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks,

does anyone have a first edition of Peter Straub's Julia, if so could you share the blurb that King wrote for that book?

thanks a bunch!

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I don't uh, want this, but I've never seen this before. A stand-alone mp3 player designed like a paperback w/ the Misery audiobook & crappy earphones:

https://www.portersquarebooks.com/book/9781608475834

Can't seem to find any other SK ones like this. Just thought it was interesting

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a bunch of them. Playaway Adult Fiction, Stephen King
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Thanks. Lol, this is so bizarre to me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Thanks. Lol, this is so bizarre to me.
    It is bizarre to me too. I am not the market demographic.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Hi folks,

does anyone have a first edition of Peter Straub's Julia, if so could you share the blurb that King wrote for that book?

thanks a bunch!
    Hardcover? I don't see a King blurb on the paperback.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Hi folks,

thanks a bunch!
    Hardcover? I don't see a King blurb on the paperback.
    Yes, hardback I presume. In ‘Meeting Stevie’ in ‘Fear Itself’ Straub describes how he first encountered King as a name on a blurb for Julia. That the blurb was the best of the lot. I presume at least a bit of that blurb was used. I may buy a first edition to see. They aren’t very expensive. But thought I’d ask here first.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Anyone collect review copies of US 1st? I don't think I've heard anyone mentioning them before. I have a few and would like to have more.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Anyone collect review copies of US 1st? I don't think I've heard anyone mentioning them before. I have a few and would like to have more.
    Are you talking about a 1st/1st with a review letter?

ARCs are discussed in the proof thread. I've seen postings of 1st/1sts with review letters somewhere on this site. Those might be in the proof thread too.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Are you talking about a 1st/1st with a review letter?

ARCs are discussed in the proof thread. I've seen postings of 1st/1sts with review letters somewhere on this site. Those might be in the proof thread too.
    Got it! Will head on over there!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I finally got my hands on some 1/33 Colorado Kids for my collection. I have number 19 for Potter and 33 for Miller. I am looking for the Chadbourne and would LOVE to match numbers if possible. Anyone?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I a few in my thread. A first ed with a review letter.

Anyone know of any Gunslinger 1st slipcases besides the one from SK Collector? The one I got is a really tight fit, & when I added a brodart cover to my new jacket it's too tight for comfort..it would smush/fold the jacket. I put my Viking one in there instead for now

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know of any Gunslinger 1st slipcases besides the one from SK Collector? The one I got is a really tight fit, & when I added a brodart cover to my new jacket it's too tight for comfort..it would smush/fold the jacket. I put my Viking one in there instead for now
    I agree they are tight. I don't know of any alternatives. There is the case from Grant for DT1-III, but I believe it is out of print. I like to arrange my 1st/1st in chronological order, so this is a no go for me. I guess you could always ask Jeff Whiley to make you one. It would probably be generic with only Stephen King printed on it though.

I need to order one myself, but will probably stick with the collectors, because I have one for my DT2-7, and for my 2nd printing of DT1. I may try to see if I can "stretch" it a little before I put it in (better to damage the slipcase then the book)

You can check out this page for more discussions on slipcases:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ases-Traycases
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I agree they are tight. I don't know of any alternatives. There is the case from Grant for DT1-III, but I believe it is out of print. I like to arrange my 1st/1st in chronological order, so this is a no go for me. I guess you could always ask Jeff Whiley to make you one. It would probably be generic with only Stephen King printed on it though.

I need to order one myself, but will probably stick with the collectors, because I have one for my DT2-7, and for my 2nd printing of DT1. I may try to see if I can "stretch" it a little before I put it in (better to damage the slipcase then the book)

You can check out this page for more discussions on slipcases:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ases-Traycases
    Thanks! Yeah I have the collector ones for 1-7. I miight just go ahead and try to stretch it a little too. I have brodarts on most of the other ones but GS 1st is the only one that doesn't fit. Viking GS fits in there with a brodart. It's just :barely: too small for my grant

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have this? Is it rare? Pricey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 567 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 ... LastLast