Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love a Pet Sematary S/L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yeah I have that one too. Problem with most glow in the dark is it wears out over time. Probably UV fades it but it needs UV to work lol
    My problem with that book isn't so much the glow in the dark aspect, though I didn't know about those issues, it's that the book is pretty dreadful in my opinion.
    I've got a soft spot for it. I like books about aliens and The Tommyknockers was a really cool variation. I'd take that book over 75% of the books he's written in the last 10-15 years.
    I wasn't referring to The Tommyknockers, I actually haven't read it. I meant Haunted by Palahniuk was dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yeah I have that one too. Problem with most glow in the dark is it wears out over time. Probably UV fades it but it needs UV to work lol
    My problem with that book isn't so much the glow in the dark aspect, though I didn't know about those issues, it's that the book is pretty dreadful in my opinion.
    I loved Fight Club, Choke, Survivor, and Lullaby. Haunted was up next, and I was horribly disappointed. I think I made it like 30 pages before I gave up.
    Wise decision my friend. It doesn't get much better from there.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't referring to The Tommyknockers, I actually haven't read it. I meant Haunted by Palahniuk was dreadful.
    Ahhh, I see it now. The Tommyknockers is generally viewed as pretty dreadful, especially by King himself, which is probably why I assumed you were referring to it. Like I said, though, I've got a soft spot for it
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Ahhh, I see it now. The Tommyknockers is generally viewed as pretty dreadful, especially by King himself, which is probably why I assumed you were referring to it. Like I said, though, I've got a soft spot for it
    Me too Anthony

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd say, when it comes to alien-oriented SK novels, The Tommyknockers holds up pretty well when compared to Dreamcatcher.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we have a thread on this subject.
    I'll look around.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'd say, when it comes to alien-oriented SK novels, The Tommyknockers holds up pretty well when compared to Dreamcatcher.
    I'll put it in spoilers so no one gets the ending ruined.

Spoiler:
    Under the Dome was a great alien book

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a similar thread. I feel a merge coming on.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Different Seasons all the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Different Seasons, Misery, Needful Things

Stay tuned for the 2017 HF fundraiser. We have a very special Different Seasons coming.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here is a similar thread. I feel a merge coming on.
    Complete with downsizing and synergy!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Different Seasons all the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Different Seasons, Misery, Needful Things

Stay tuned for the 2017 HF fundraiser. We have a very special Different Seasons coming.
    Very exciting!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This book was created for private commission

It is one of only three copies; what I like to call the Flagg editions

Using a true U.S. Trade First Edition of Stephen King’s “Different Seasons” each of the four stories has been separately bound in chocolate Italian goatskin

Original art has been stamped into the cover of each book, and slipcase. One book set stamped in red, one in white, and one in blue

All books feature special endpapers representing the four different seasons we all live and die by

Many unique things are inside, only to be discovered by the person who holds the book

Jerome Smith (Aka Randall Flagg)
    TheDarkTower.org

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on board!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I'm on board!
    Lucky you.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It is one of only three copies; what I like to call the Flagg editions

Using a true U.S. Trade First Edition of Stephen King’s “Different Seasons” each of the four stories has been separately bound in chocolate Italian goatskin

Original art has been stamped into the cover of each book, and slipcase. One book set stamped in red, one in white, and one in blue

All books feature special endpapers representing the four different seasons we all live and die by

Many unique things are inside, only to be discovered by the person who holds the book
    That sounds awesome
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Was there supposed to be a link or photo with this? It sounds awesome, but reads like there's more to it (it could just be me).

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to do a s/l edition of The Mist. The dj text could be represented by threads of spider silk. Maybe along the spine of the dj, a tentacle. I would love to see interior color illustrations as a gallery of monsters/creatures.

The physical style of the book could be similar to Cycle of the Werewolf, glossy pages, maybe not as oversized. This would give it a "picture" book feeling IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mist sets the # of pages in Skeleton Crew at 134 so the book wouldn't be huge.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It just occurred to me that a post I left (in 2017) might sensibly be repeated here.

It describes a different direction one might go in for an edition of It (different from CD's existing one).

T-Dogz had raised the idea of CD doing a Viking years set (akin to the Doubleday Years set) and I began by asking if he envisioned CD doing another run of It or skipping it because they'd already done one; this question led me to imagine a completely different way to do it, I wrote the details down there, and repeat them here:

- broken into two volumes (because they already did a single-volume edition; why not differentiate it, and this could mean some kind of super-thick paper);

- illustrations that don't focus on individuals (no close shots, no faces), instead focusing on "wide-angle" scenes: think the canal, the Barrens (both of which can come across as pretty damn ominous with nothing happening in them), The Black Spot in flames with the bird overhead, or the entire grounds of the Kitchener Ironworks, both on the day of the easter egg hunt and on the day Mike is wandering around the ruins, and most especially, a long shot of the final time they leave the Barrens one by one (the "No one talks; they climb the embankment to Kansas Street and simply take leave of one another..." section, which still gives me chills to read, even now - Goddamnit this is a good book) - that could be like an aerial shot encompassing the Barrens and the surrounding streets; there's lots that could be done this way;

- the sole exception to "no close shots/no faces" would be Pennywise, but even then, it should avoid multiple shots of him as a clown, instead using single shots of his various guises (think Dracula in the library: "An ancient man-thing with a face like a twisted root" - that is nuts - or the Mummy: "There were bandages, most of them around its neck & wrists, blowing back in the wind, but Ben could see the clown's face clearly. It was deeply lined, the skin a parchment map of wrinkles, tattered cheeks, arid flesh") - I would like these illustrations to be sufficiently horrible (and not in a "bucket of blood"/Friday the 13th way - I just mean the total opposite of pulp/camp) that you would want to hide this book from young children (other than for the fact that little hands do large damage to nice things, of course);

- everything (interior and exterior art and printing etc., even the ribbon page marker) done with a very dark palette - either black or gray or so dark it looks like it (maybe with a very few touches of red - maybe), with images that are more harsh, weathered and stony in character than anything else. I am not well-versed in the world of horror art and artists, but when trying to find something close to what I had in mind I found these:

...this is a bit smoother than what I have in mind, but is close.

...this one has a bit more color than I would like, and of course looks a bit too much like a video game still, but otherwise isn't far from what I have in mind.

Ok, I've talked myself into CD It v2.

Or, given all the dark/black/gray etc., maybe what I've actually described is what a Centipede Press It would look like.

I later added:

...and an illustration of this scene (ok to use a deep navy blue for the sky on this!):

"He’s the last to go. He stands for a long time with his hands on the rickety white fence, looking down into the Barrens as, overhead, the first stars seed the summer sky. He stands under the blue and over the black and watches the Barrens fill up with darkness."

That would be my choice to close the thing.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Was there supposed to be a link or photo with this? It sounds awesome, but reads like there's more to it (it could just be me).

The books are in the process of being bound. They should be done in ~3 weeks. I'll post pics of the exteriors and endpapers, but not the other interior goodies as they are private.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does "for private commission" mean that all copies are going to the same person (who has already paid/committed to pay)? Not asking for private info, just wondering about the general situation.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Does "for private commission" mean that all copies are going to the same person (who has already paid/committed to pay)? Not asking for private info, just wondering about the general situation.
    There will be three sets made. One stamped in red, one stamped in white, and one stamped in blue. Each set goes to a different person. Two sets are 100% committed to, and the third set has someone with first dibs once the price is finalized. If the person declines, I'll either keep it, or sell it here or on ebay.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    I would love to do a s/l edition of The Mist. The dj text could be represented by threads of spider silk. Maybe along the spine of the dj, a tentacle. I would love to see interior color illustrations as a gallery of monsters/creatures.

The physical style of the book could be similar to Cycle of the Werewolf, glossy pages, maybe not as oversized. This would give it a "picture" book feeling IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mist sets the # of pages in Skeleton Crew at 134 so the book wouldn't be huge.
    I would love to see this one. Great idea.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So what is stopping you?
    Go get it done.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So what is stopping you?
    Go get it done.

Yes, really!!It's not as difficult as it seems. Contract an artist for the pics, get a decent copy of SK for the page block and send it all to a binder.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stop teasing (tempting) me! Is it really that easy (relatively)?
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stop teasing (tempting) me! Is it really that easy (relatively)?
    Yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast