Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 971 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 797 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Yea, that Explorer he's a sneaky one!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have an idea why King delayed Joyland and Doctor Sleep...
    You have my guesses
    When are you doing your big reveal?
    Coming out?

Congrats @Explorer then !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah guys sorry. Most of the time i share most of the cool items i find, but this one i wanted all to myself! Lol, i thought i was golden until the last ten seconds. Then, defeat. Sorry explorer for pushing it up to 660.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some questions for our fellow canadians here. i may already have asked them, but...now that there is actually a position opened, i NEED to find informations, in order to answer if they ask what wage i am requesting.

- Minimum/ average wage?
    o I obviously need to check in my field too.
    - Legal hours : how many hours a week?
    o i believe that i've read that it's 39hours per week. Is that right?
    - Holidays : how many holidays per year?
    - Contract :
    o how long is the trial period?
    o how long is the notice if someone want to leave or the company want to lay you off?
    - tax : how much tax does a company pay on your wage?
    o This is an important question i believe. In France it's about 23% paid by the employer.
    In other words : let's say that my wage is 35k€ (gross, annually), the actual wage that i recieve on my account is 26950 net, therefore 2245€ per month. But maybe in Canada the employer pay less? This may have an impact on negociation, as an employer may think that i am asking too much, while in fact i could ask less because at the end of the month i recieve more money than i think on my account.
    - Moving abroad :
    o do companies may financially contribute to bring someone from abroad? i mean.. after all there are plane tickets, but also need to ship personal stuff over. I bet that this is not exactly cheap.
    There is also the question of : when should one ship his stuff over? What if you dont pass the trial?

Thanks a lot in advance for everybody's input. Any help will be appreciated, especially if you are canadian, or have had an experience before, of moving abroad for a job.
    Obviously i still have to hear from the manager, but there is an actual position and i sent my new cover letter last week. I believe that i have the PERFECT profile for this position, and therefore i believe/hope to get very soon an email from him.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Listening to DREAMCATCHER. Been ages since I read the book. What's the deal with this Duddits character? Did King write a book just about him called Duddits? I've read something about some german bootleg or something....

thanks!

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

DUDDITS is the title of the regular German translation of DREAMCATCHER. No bootleg. The Germans seem to prefer single-word titles.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh... thanks Michael.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No problem!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Made it to Germany today. Boy it sure is colder than Florida.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It'll be that way in May and June too, that's the fun part! Don't forget, it's illegal to drive without snow tires ... or run out of gas on the highway ... or leave your car running to defrost it/warm it up ... or wash it on the street ... or drive without emissions stickers in designated areas ... or tow a disabled car ... or flip somebody the bird while driving ......... also very important, a verbal agreement is bindiing and legal. Gosh I miss Germany!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Tim - I wish you the best of luck buddy! You guys will be alright.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Glad to hear you made it safely!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    .. Sorry explorer for pushing it up to 660.
    Shannon, it is a very unique item. I enjoyed reading about it. Why are you apologizing for bidding what you were willing to pay?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Because if I had known ahead of time that someone else would have won, I wouldn't have bid, therefore letting the other person have it for less. I'm just that kinda guy, I guess.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    It'll be that way in May and June too, that's the fun part! Don't forget, it's illegal to drive without snow tires ... or run out of gas on the highway ... or leave your car running to defrost it/warm it up ... or wash it on the street ... or drive without emissions stickers in designated areas ... or tow a disabled car ... or flip somebody the bird while driving ......... also very important, a verbal agreement is bindiing and legal. Gosh I miss Germany!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Tim - I wish you the best of luck buddy! You guys will be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Glad to hear you made it safely!
    Thanks everyone! Happy to be here and excited about learning more about the area. It is kind of like duel culture shock because we are not familar with the US military or Europe. It's going to be a fun time. Hopefully, this weekend we will all go downtown and enjoy a Christmas market or something. In the meantime I get to learn all about the PX and commisary today! Fun times.

Right now my daughter is loving living and going to school on base. Her school day (if your counting commute time) has been reduced by 2 hours and they actually have lockers at this school. Her old school had no lockers and she had to tote around this heavy as hell (filled with 3-5 textbooks) backup all the time.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Her old school had no lockers and she had to tote around this heavy as hell (filled with 3-5 textbooks) backup all the time.
    No lockers? WTFO? Thanks just crazy.
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

We do not have any lockers in french school either. Always had to travel around with heavy bags.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

There were lockers at my middle school but they were closed off to prevent drug deals and other such nonsense.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    There were lockers at my middle school but they were closed off to prevent drug deals and other such nonsense.
    That is moronic. Close the lockers, but everyone has a backpack-where drugs can be stored.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I know, it was stupid. Kids got caught with drugs all the time actually.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It might be simpler to close the school. Then there would be no drug sales there.

Country
    Country Flag

The school is covered in cameras now. I don't know why that area produced such degenerate kids but maybe I am remembering it as worse then it actually was.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    That is moronic. Close the lockers, but everyone has a backpack-where drugs can be stored.
    Quite true.. Always found it amazing how little thought goes into decisions made in our institutes of education!
    At one point my High School decided to put chains & locks on the doors which went to the parking lot to prevent students from leaving school for lunch. That lasted until the article I wrote in the school paper got circulated which prompted the Fire department come to do a surprise inspection.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting Non-King auction:1st/1st BIO SIGNED by PRESIDENT GERALD FORD Auth.: STEPHEN KING & L.J SIGNATURE
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1st-1st-BIO-...item4abf648912
    however I don't like the idea that someone cut up a copy of "Signatures" by Lord John press

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. What a waste of a signed/limited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 971 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 797 ... LastLast