Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    WOW. Just lost respect for Johansson. BIG TIME. She has already been paid $20 MILLION and that is not enough? WOW
    Disney violated the contract they signed with her. She’s in her rights to sue

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    WOW. Just lost respect for Johansson. BIG TIME. She has already been paid $20 MILLION and that is not enough? WOW
    Did they though? They made 80+ mil at higher ticket prices too on thier platform And are paying her out of that. I wonder how this shakes out cause of that
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you watch the full video, this is more about how exclusives like Black Widow or any other exclusive on a streaming service is used to drive subscriptions and the lawsuit claims the talent that’s responsible for that should be compensated. I don’t know if I necessarily agree, it’s a very complicated issue. I wouldn’t vilify ScarJo or Disney at this point, but obviously this is a huge huge deal.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Did they though? They made 80+ mil at higher ticket prices too on thier platform And are paying her out of that. I wonder how this shakes out cause of that
    From what I read the movie was supposed to get a theater exclusive release, not a combo streaming/theater release. Not sure what’s written in the contract about pandemics but because they released it streaming and in theaters they violated the contract.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From what I read the movie was supposed to get a theater exclusive release, not a combo streaming/theater release. Not sure what’s written in the contract about pandemics but because they released it streaming and in theaters they violated the contract.
    I guess… yeah. She would have prob got more though cause many people won’t go to the theatre and wanna watch home cause or Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate the types of comments that reference the millions that movie stars may as "isn't that enough" - sorry Kris. A contract is a contract. Disney clearly violated the contract in how it released Black Widow. Whether she would have made more, or less, is irrelevant. It's about the contract. Good for Johansson. I just read that Emma Stone is thinking of doing the same.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I hate the types of comments that reference the millions that movie stars may as "isn't that enough" - sorry Kris. A contract is a contract. Disney clearly violated the contract in how it released Black Widow. Whether she would have made more, or less, is irrelevant. It's about the contract. Good for Johansson. I just read that Emma Stone is thinking of doing the same.
    They should have negotiated just like others did with Wonder Woman 1984.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    They should have negotiated just like others did with Wonder Woman 1984.
    Apparently she tried to renegotiate when it was announced that Black Widow was doing to Disney+, but Marvel and Disney wouldn't do it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you watch the full video, this is more about how exclusives like Black Widow or any other exclusive on a streaming service is used to drive subscriptions and the lawsuit claims the talent that’s responsible for that should be compensated. I don’t know if I necessarily agree, it’s a very complicated issue. I wouldn’t vilify ScarJo or Disney at this point, but obviously this is a huge huge deal.
    Bingo!! They'll settle at some point but, it will impact the future almost certainly.

I'll tell you one thing I'm relatively certain of about this issue. It won't end well for us, the consumer!!!!! LOL Millions of dollars and we'll likely end up taking it on the chin in the end!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Bingo!! They'll settle at some point but, it will impact the future almost certainly.

I'll tell you one thing I'm relatively certain of about this issue. It won't end well for us, the consumer!!!!! LOL Millions of dollars and we'll likely end up taking it on the chin in the end!!! LOL
    You are spot on!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Think there's any merit to this video?

First I've heard of most of what she reveals and covers. Anyone else want to chime in with any info?

EDIT: FWIW, I've begun a MCU re-watch of the films and you'd be surprised how the films take on different meaning now at this point in the campaign. For instance, I had not previously noticed the import of the "Ten Rings" from the 1st Iron Man film just for an example.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently began a re-watch of the MCU films which is, very cool given all we know from the series and completed saga, but it also occurred to me that with, Stark now gone who will be the "Big Daddy" of the Avengers going forward? I mean, Cap was the conscience and a leader of sorts, Stark really was the main man thru the saga more than anyone else. So, who will be the "Big Dog" of the Avengers going forward into the "Kang, Big Bad" era? Cap is gone as well. Dr. Strange and Wanda seem to have other issues at this time and, Thor always had Asgard, Black Panther & Widow are both dead (literally/figuratively), Spiderman too young to consider so who takes the mantle going forward?

Love to hear your thoughts on the matter.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It appears that Dr. Strange is taking over the Tony Stark/mentor figure for Spider-man in the new movie. And he'll likely be one of the main characters through this whole multi-verse run.

Although after that when they start bringing in the younger actors/heroes for the next phase it's hard to say. Spider-man may eventually grow into that role. Or it may be a character they haven't introduced yet.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    It appears that Dr. Strange is taking over the Tony Stark/mentor figure for Spider-man in the new movie. And he'll likely be one of the main characters through this whole multi-verse run.

Although after that when they start bringing in the younger actors/heroes for the next phase it's hard to say. Spider-man may eventually grow into that role. Or it may be a character they haven't introduced yet.
    Yeah, I suppose that's right but, I don't see him as the man to replace, Tony. For one thing he ain't loaded $$$ wise (though that can be easily remedied I suppose). Also, I think it needs to be someone with a little more personality if you know what I mean. And I would favor tech over magic for several reasons though that is just my opinion. It will be interesting to see who emerges to assume that role. Spiderman is a good call though I agree FWIW. He could definitely grow into the role in the future. Especially when you consider his prominent place in the Multi-verse

On a side note, is now sort of official that we will henceforth refer to the MCU as the MCMU (marvel Cinematic Multi-verse Universe) or MCM (Marvel Cinematic Multi-verse)????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    On a side note, is now sort of official that we will henceforth refer to the MCU as the MCMU (marvel Cinematic Multi-verse Universe) or MCM (Marvel Cinematic Multi-verse)????
    I've heard others say the same thing considering the What if...? show on Disney+ is going to be considered canon.

I even heard they were considering throwing a Luke Skywalker cameo in there somewhere. That would be wild.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’ve only seen about half the MCU movies – mostly phase 1 and 2; almost none of Phase 3-so I occasionally watch one I haven’t seen.

Last night I watched the Winter soldier and age of Ultron. I liked them both. I think Winter soldier was the better of the two; while age of Ultron had a good story at its core, it lacked in execution. Some of the special effects were a bit dodgy as well.

These movies are fun, but I wonder how they will be remembered. I think they *will* be remembered, and should be, but I wonder whether people will remember more how impressive pulling together a story across 20 films was, rather than the details of the individual movies themselves.

People still talk about the Empire strikes back as a distinct movie, standing out as the best of the original Star Wars trilogy. I wonder how people will talk about the infinity Saga in 20 years; will they talk about individual stand out movies, or just marvel (pun not intended) at the achievement of the whole? With so many films, I wonder if they will all blend together in peoples minds over time.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So far, so good!!! I enjoyed it and I'm usually not one for animation.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Obviously, her suit set a precedent and, Disney probably, rightly so, see's a settlement and adjustment of things in the future.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast