12 40.00%
  • Quality of the Story's Ending: Graded "C"

1 3.33%
  • Never Read

5 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group 2: The Talisman

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 2: The Talisman

The Talisman, 1984

Please grade The Talisman in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Strength of Plot
    • Character Development
    • Quality of the Story's Ending

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete instructions, see this post.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read. Boosauce!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BAB

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

?

Country
    Country Flag

LOL, it's my grading of the Talisman

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A-A-B

sk

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

BBB
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    BAB
    Same here...been a while since I read this one, though. I do recall it as one of the few (if not only) King works where I had a false start, meaning I got a few hundred pages in and then let it lay fallow to the point where I lost the thread of the story's events. Had to go back and start over when I finally read it through.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

B A C

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A B A

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read this after Wizard and Glass. I really enjoyed it. Some very memorable characters and moments.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

BAB
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Country
    Country Flag

Last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. This round The Talisman has earned an OAG (overall average grade) of 2.613333333 or 87.11% in addition to its FAS (final average score), making it 7.067878788 or 88.35%.

Grade breakdown:
    Strength of Plot: A - 2.560000000 (85.33%)
    Character Development: A - 2.840000000 (94.67%)
    Quality of the Story's Ending: A/B - 2.440000000 (81.33%)

+ Reply to Thread