• 2: Only so-so

2 5.71%
  • 1: I didn't like it

0 0%
  • Never read

8 22.86%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #3: Christine (1983)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #3: Christine (1983)

Christine, 1983

Please vote for Christine using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster
    Read Christine! Sure, it's about a killer car...but it's also about high school, and friendship, and being in love, and having a crush that is not returned. It's about loyalty, and being seduced by evil because one is feeling like an outcast. Cujo, while good, doesn't speak to me like Christine did.
    Another 5.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, from bears too. It is not epic or anything, but it is as close to flawless as they come.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, after I finish The Passage, I think I'm going to re-read Christine and then The Dead Zone. So much of early King is so good I would rather read something of his for the 3rd or 4th time than try something new on the best-seller's list. (Although that Dragon Tattoo book has caught my eye).

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read. Will get to it eventually, just like all the others. I'm not even too familiar with the story. I'm sure I saw the movie a long time ago. Or not. lol

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This is one of the few books I've read probably 5 times or more. Certainly one of my favorites. Gave it a 5.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

This was a book I came to later in life, and i think I expected so much more than it delivered. I can see why people love it - but for me unfortunatley, I think my expectation had been set to high.

Country
    Country Flag

... and so, you gave it a...?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never read this book.

I saw the movie - which I wasn't thrilled by, so I lean toward skipping the book. I'm sure the book is better (as they always are with SK), but how much better is it?

Country
    Country Flag

...and now imagine you've seen the It miniseries and decided not to read the book because the series was shitty...

(well, no, Christine isn't in the same league as It. But it doesn't change the principle.)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

In this instance, it's not just a cliché to say the book is better. It's definitely better.

I didn't think the movie was terrible. It followed pretty close to the book. I think the book's ending gives more closure though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys have me intrigued. I'll put more weight on this one in my mental reading list.

By the way, Jean, I haven't seen the IT miniseries. Further, I've never read, IT.

Country
    Country Flag

I refuse to further discuss with you any moral, social, sexual, cultural or political issues until you've remedied this.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I recently purchased my very first two copies of IT, so progress is being made.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I refuse to further discuss with you any moral, social, sexual, cultural or political issues until you've remedied this."

lol, best thing I've heard all day.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I saw the movie - which I wasn't thrilled by, so I lean toward skipping the book. I'm sure the book is better (as they always are with SK), but how much better is it?
    A movie can show the action but usually can not get into the mind of the characters like an author can present in the written form. Some films transcend, of course, but horror is tough. Most folks want to "see the scary parts" so you get the car doing shit and all, but the horror of the novel (the scary parts with the car) has so much more depth when you identify with the characters and their situations. King nailed the high school setting and the relationship aspects in this one.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I needed to hear. Thanks, divemaster.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I gave this one a 4. Classic King in my opinion. Was debating about a 5, but I'm trying to save those for my absolute favorites.

You guys have me intrigued. I'll put more weight on this one in my mental reading list.

By the way, Jean, I haven't seen the IT miniseries. Further, I've never read, IT.
    Oh no Patrick...
    I was shocked when you said you hadn't read this one, but not even It?! Both of these need to be remedied asap. Most especially It. It's my all-time favorite story. You have no idea what you're missing out on. Please make it your next one!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Most especially It. It's my all-time favorite story.
    mine too! mine to!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, ok, I'll move both IT and CHRISTINE, and ROADWORK, up the reading list.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Great book, but a 5, I am trying to reserve my 5's for top 5 or so books.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

last chance to vote! the poll is closing!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine, will never run me down on the roads!!! She has promised!!!

I have her autograph and a guaranty!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Christine has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.148148148 or 82.96%, placing 3rd in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2.

+ Reply to Thread