Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1732

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Reminded me of the personality traits of the guy who did monthly book sets and screwed everyone over.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Do you mean Nocturnal Reader's Box?

The social skills aspect seems similar.

The NRB guy was taking orders for items he knowingly couldn't deliver. He was screwing people over and robbing Peter to pay Paul. He was a criminal. That isn't the case with knightmare.
    Hi Br!an, i was comparing to him, but I wasn’t referring to him ripping people off, sorry if that wasn’t clear, I was referring to his behaviours and highly emotional responses and mannerisms. Straight to red alert and defensive erratic posts.

I’d apologise to the guy if that was taken from my post, if warranted but stand by my comparison re mannerisms.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Interesting that someone with the same IP address as knighmare just registered as user Randall Fag. They even used my crow avatar.
    By the end of his first day here I could tell he was a weasel, shady, and a cry-baby. Fast judge of character and rarely wrong. Bye bye!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Is eBay Zuber on this list? How many have bought from him and gotten what was advertised?

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Is eBay Zuber on this list? How many have bought from him and gotten what was advertised?
    I have stopped buying from them after several unsatisfactory purchases. They seemingly have an extensive stock of books, but my purchases were always in way lesser condition than expected or the wrong item entirely. They use stock photos so you were never sure what you were going to get.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    I have stopped buying from them after several unsatisfactory purchases. They seemingly have an extensive stock of books, but my purchases were always in way lesser condition than expected or the wrong item entirely. They use stock photos so you were never sure what you were going to get.
    I remember reading a post a few months ago, that someone was waiting to receive a book from them and ended up getting a much lesser version. I guess I would expect their feedback to be much lower and end up banned with all the misleading sales. Thanks for the info!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I will never buy from Zuber again. Bought one thing, received another.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I will never buy from Zuber again. Bought one thing, received another.
    We should call it the "Zuber Lesson" a lot of us learned it the hard way. Ha!

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought The Long Walk from them, and it never arrived. They provided tracking that didn't show any movement. I ended up getting refunded after filing for one with eBay.

I never would have bought from them, but I didn't realize who the seller was when I bought it. It was a decent price and I jumped on it. Only after did I realize who it was. I hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the best from Zuber is that you get a refund.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought a title that was listed as the Centipede Press edition from them, and received a random paperback version of the same title. Wasn't a problem to get my money back. I have also bought several reading copies of books from them, because they were well-priced, and I had no issues with those (one wasn't the same edition as the picture but I didn't care).

Going forward, I won't buy any more rare or limited editions from them, but if they have a good price on a reading copy I'll order it.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure I'm getting scammed by someone on a FB group. I think it was either the "Constant Sellers" or "buy/sell/trade" one, probably the latter. Someone offered something like 15 old magazines for $50. I PM'd, asked how much plus shipping. He said $75, converted to 58 pounds, and he asked if I could do wire transfer, as he didn't have paypal. I said sure, had to call my bank twice to set up the international transfer, but did it all in one day. He was very quick to respond when it came to giving the details for the transfer, then when I sent him a screenshot of the transfer confirmation, he went a lot more quiet.

I messaged him and asked to let me know when the money had arrived, and when he could ship. I waited a whole week, then on Friday asked any news? He said relax, I'll let you know when I shipped. Again nothing, then yesterday morning I saw he had removed me from the FB messaging thread. I sent him another message, he said he must have pushed a wrong button, but that he mailed the stuff and it should arrive sometime late next week. "You're fine mate."

I'm still reluctant to start up the reporting to marketplace or to the admins of the group. Don't want to do that and then have a box show up next week. There's a bunch of red flags, I know: no paypal, stops communicating when the money is in the bank, tries to delete the conversation (unsuccesfully), stalls for time, no tracking number, no picture of the box...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I would report now. He has giving you more than probable cause.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Agreed. And who doesn't use PayPal now a days? Especially if you're going to be selling to folks over the web. One of the many reasons I find it hard to purchase items out of the forum and eBay. As far as collectibles go.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Agreed. And who doesn't use PayPal now a days? Especially if you're going to be selling to folks over the web. One of the many reasons I find it hard to purchase items out of the forum and eBay. As far as collectibles go.
    Thanks guys.

Saw that he blocked me on FB today, so there's no hope left that a box will show up at my house.

So here: I was scammed by Paul James Spittlehouse in the FB group "Stephen King/Horror Special/Limited Editions buy/sell/trade group"

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Thanks guys.

Saw that he blocked me on FB today, so there's no hope left that a box will show up at my house.

So here: I was scammed by Paul James Spittlehouse in the FB group "Stephen King/Horror Special/Limited Editions buy/sell/trade group"

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!
    Report that to an Admin ASAP... they will ban him for life.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!
    Thx Kris, I did this morning, to Hans and Jason M

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!
    Thx Kris, I did this morning, to Hans and Jason M
    That group started the King selling groups but started to die... I am still there but The ones that matter now and have any action are: Rare King (the one I manage) for the higher collectables, Constant Sellers for the lower end common stuff and Constant Readers for all things King related and James Mackenzie here runs that.. he has near a 100000 members. INSANE. I can barely cover the 3000 I have. LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry that happened to you, Vincent. Some people suck.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!
    He tried that with me a year or so ago. I forget which book he was selling but he was insisting on a wire payment and when I said no and offered a Paypal payment he cut off the conversation. He was adamant that it had to be a wire payment and had kinds of reasons why he could not do Paypal.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys.

BEWARE OF THIS MAN!
    Sorry as well, Vincent. And with a name like Spittlehouse, guy sounds greasy from the start.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I am gonna sell books under the name Saul Goodman.
    Sorry to hear that Vincent.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, it's nice to have this place to get things like these off your chest.

Right now I'm still imagining scenarios of getting back at the SOB, but I should just report, report, report as much as I can, and then clear it out of my head.

Does anyone know if anything at all happens when in a FB marketplace conversation you click "something's wrong" and report the seller as "scam" or "didn't receive anything"?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, it's nice to have this place to get things like these off your chest.

Right now I'm still imagining scenarios of getting back at the SOB, but I should just report, report, report as much as I can, and then clear it out of my head.

Does anyone know if anything at all happens when in a FB marketplace conversation you click "something's wrong" and report the seller as "scam" or "didn't receive anything"?
    Is it at all possible that the magazines are on the way? Could this guy just be a horrible communicator? Not making excuses for him. It sure sounds like he's full of shit and sketchy as hell. I'm just looking for a reason to hope you didn't get screwed over. I think it's great of you to warn us about him.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Is it at all possible that the magazines are on the way? Could this guy just be a horrible communicator? Not making excuses for him. It sure sounds like he's full of shit and sketchy as hell. I'm just looking for a reason to hope you didn't get screwed over. I think it's great of you to warn us about him.
    I've been hoping the same thing, Jeff. And I will definitely post here if the magazines should show up. But there are so many red flags, the most blatant of which are that he removed me from the FB messenger conversation so that I couldn't bother him again, and then when I did send him a new message directly, he replied "The stuff got posted, I'd had a few beers last night and think I pressed some button by mistake, you're showing up alright on my messenger list mate but yesterday your picture in the little round circle was blank? But I assure you your parcel is on it's way and should be with you towards the end of next week, it's all good mate."

And then he blocked me completely. His FB account doesn't even show up if I search for his name on FB.

He does however have a second FB account under just "Paul Spittlehouse". Same guy, I recognize him from the picture. Shady as hell.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I've been hoping the same thing, Jeff. And I will definitely post here if the magazines should show up. But there are so many red flags, the most blatant of which are that he removed me from the FB messenger conversation so that I couldn't bother him again, and then when I did send him a new message directly, he replied "The stuff got posted, I'd had a few beers last night and think I pressed some button by mistake, you're showing up alright on my messenger list mate but yesterday your picture in the little round circle was blank? But I assure you your parcel is on it's way and should be with you towards the end of next week, it's all good mate."

And then he blocked me completely. His FB account doesn't even show up if I search for his name on FB.

He does however have a second FB account under just "Paul Spittlehouse". Same guy, I recognize him from the picture. Shady as hell.
    Well, I'd say you've been more than fair. No seller should act like that. Sorry his name is where spit lives, but that doesn't get him out of living up to his end of the bargain. I hope your magazines show up and his blocking you is just because he's lazy or thin-skinned. But no matter what, people should know about this bad experience and avoid him. Unless his next move is to apologize and refund you.

Country
    Country Flag

Is this the guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast