Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to U.S. First Editions of Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam pmkane is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Love seeing that case - the first Dark Tower one I ever made!!

Here are some more samples of cases I've built:

Hope you enjoy!!

-pmk

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pmkane View Post
    I absolutly agree that in this digital world, it's as easy as looking things up online . . . but in the spirit of book collecting - real books - I thought it would be fun to put this print project together.

As with the slip cases I build, the bulk of the proceeds of this project (after printing) will be going to my daughter's high school music program. Last year, we purchased a $4K vibraphone for the concert and jazz bands soley through funds raised by selling my custom slipcases . . . this year, we've already bought them new music stands . . . and have some more things in the works, like custom printed, reusable rain ponchos for the marching band. Rather than turning our kiddos into magazine/chocolate/wrapping paper salespersons, I am tapping into an alternative form of fundraising . . .

Thank you to those who have already supported the project . . . means the world to me!

-pmk
    Cool idea, very intriguing.
    Can you share a little more depth to the project, layout, king of information you'll be providing, etc.
    Maybe share one example of one book, like a moderately difficult one.
    Is the plan to have 1 page per book.
    My apologies if this has already been covered.
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I absolutly agree that in this digital world, it's as easy as looking things up online . . . but in the spirit of book collecting - real books - I thought it would be fun to put this print project together.

As with the slip cases I build, the bulk of the proceeds of this project (after printing) will be going to my daughter's high school music program. Last year, we purchased a $4K vibraphone for the concert and jazz bands soley through funds raised by selling my custom slipcases . . . this year, we've already bought them new music stands . . . and have some more things in the works, like custom printed, reusable rain ponchos for the marching band. Rather than turning our kiddos into magazine/chocolate/wrapping paper salespersons, I am tapping into an alternative form of fundraising . . .

Thank you to those who have already supported the project . . . means the world to me!

-pmk
    Can you share a little more depth to the project, layout, king of information you'll be providing, etc.
    Thanks
    The book will be 32 pages, pocket sized (3.5x5) and printed here in the US . . . As we're in the editing phase, sharing the layout isn't feasable at the moment . . . and as it's only 32 pages, it won't be one page per book.

Each book will be listed by publisher, publication year, cover artist, and cover price . . . then there will be the markers. I'll be listing stated edition, number lines, gutter codes, printing errors, dust jacket states and color of binding, boards and endpapers for each book.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

-pmk
    Thanks
    The book will be 32 pages, pocket sized (3.5x5) and printed here in the US . . . As we're in the editing phase, sharing the layout isn't feasable at the moment . . . and as it's only 32 pages, it won't be one page per book.

Each book will be listed by publisher, publication year, cover artist, and cover price . . . then there will be the markers. I'll be listing stated edition, number lines, gutter codes, printing errors, dust jacket states and color of binding, boards and endpapers for each book.
    Thanks for sharing.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Default A fun little extra included with the project!

Something fun I am throwing in with the book project . . . a library card from Carrie's high school library . . .

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Something fun I am throwing in with the book project . . . a library card from Carrie's high school library . . .

Really neat
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can finally chime in on an autograph authenticity opinion. That King Signature is a FAKE! Not a 1977 sig. Attack! Ha! Such a cool idea.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

"That King Signature is a FAKE! Attack! Ha! Such a cool idea. "

You guys are the best . . .

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, that sig is pretty Damn good.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually, that sig is pretty Damn good.
    See! I cant even judge the fake ones correctly! Ughh. I'll Leave it to you guys.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't say it was legit, just that it looked really good.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered a copy looks good

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I didn't say it was legit, just that it looked really good.
    Was just kidding.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool bookmark!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book is at the printers!!

For those following along with the progress of A Guide to U.S. First Editions of Stephen King, the book is currently at the printers as I type! They've promised to send me some snapshots of the book when it hits the press later this week!! It's a very exciting time . . . now I am ordering up the shipping supplies for later this month when I begin fulfillment!!

If you haven't ordered yours yet, there are some left!!

https://lightbox-photography-cards.m...f-stephen-king

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious what was the last book you were able to include before sending to the printers?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

I got The Institue in there . . . the day after it went to press, If It Bleeds was announced . . .

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey PMKane, I tried to order a copy but LightBox says "there are no shipping options for the items in your cart", I'm located in Canada - are these only available for US buyers?

Country
    Country Flag

That is very strange . . . I've sold more than a few to Canada . . . and a bunch to both Spain and France . . . I am looking into it now . . . can you try again for me, please? (if you're still interested - sorry, that was presumptuous!)

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An update for anyone curious or having similar issues with shipping - Paul was quick to answer PM's and send me an invoice directly to ensure that I could still get a copy. Very happy with the fast communication and service. Looking forward to this Paul!
    Cheers

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Slipcase only:

Stephen King 1st Edition Guide Book Slipcase | Charity Auction | One of a Kind!

$66.00
    Oct-10 09:005 bids
    Free Shipping

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any updates about when the books will be sent?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those following along with the progress of A Guide to U.S. First Editions of Stephen King, the book is currently at the printers as I type! They've promised to send me some snapshots of the book when it hits the press later this week!! It's a very exciting time . . . now I am ordering up the shipping supplies for later this month when I begin fulfillment!!

Hello,

Any update?
    It seems that the books were supposed to be at the printers back in july. We are now in november....
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Hello,

Any update?
    It seems that the books were supposed to be at the printers back in july. We are now in november....
    Was wondering the same thing. Thx

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Waa wondering the same thing.

looking for: The Terror S/L,
    Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast