Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Dolan's Cadillac: presentation copies

Gunslinger Apprentice ewald is on a distinguished road ewald's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dolan's Cadillac: presentation copies

Since I'm new here I don't know if this is the right topic but I have a question.

Last month I became the lucky owner of a great presentation copy of Dolan's Cadillac:

This fired up my interest in these pc's. On the site of stephenkingcollector I read that there should be 100 copies in four different states.
    Up to now I traced three states: the version that became the limited edition, the version that became the Deluxe edition and the grey/orange marbled slipcased edition.
    So now I'm looking for the fourth version. Who can help me? And are there other presentation copies than the slipcased one that I mentioned here?

When I have all the info together I would like to show you what I found in another topic.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Ewald, good to see you here as well the collective knowledge on this forum is huge so you've come to the right place!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Justin Brooks' Primary Bibliography, there are:

1000 numbered copies quarter cloth with printed boards signed by King
    250 numbered copies quarter-bound with marbled paper signed by King
    26 lettered copies leather half-bound with marbled paper in slipcase signed by King
    Indeterminate number of presentation copies designated for the author, binder, publisher, etc. signed by King
    Indeterminate number (24?) of presentation copies in the binding style of the 250-copy edition
    Indeterminate number of presentation copies in the binding style of the 1000-copy edition
    Indeterminate numbre of presentation copies in the binding style of the lettered edition

There are also two versions of the proof. One (more common) is blue, the other is gray.

Here's a picture of my blue proof:

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just spoke with Herb Yellin from Lord John Press (LJP). Herb recalls that LJP gave Stephen King a copy of the book bound the same as a Lettered edition, that copy was labeled "Author's Copy" on the limitation page. "Author's Copy" was printed, not hand written on the limitation page.
    LJP printed a 1/250 equivalent, with the printed "Tabitha King's" copy on the limitation page.
    Herb recalls "Publisher's Copy" being printed on an indeterminate number of the 1/1,000 version.
    He does not recall four different states of the 1/1,000 book, but clearly stated that it was a long time ago, and he has no copies on hand to verify.
    He also decided he didn't want to discuss the matter at any greater length.

Hey guys,

As I understand it the 4 presentation states are broken down as follows:

1) Individualy designated copies for the publisher, binder, author, etc...like the Tabitha King copy pictured above

2) Copies following the style of the lettered edition

3) Copies following the style of the 250 copy edition

4) Copies following the style of the 1,000 copy edition
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks right to me!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, this seriously is the place to go with King collecting questions.

You guys are amazing.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, there's always something new to learn around here.

I agree, there's always something new to learn around here.

Welcome to TDT.com in general and the Corner specifically, ewald. Please continue to ask questions and join in any discussion that catches your interest. Also note that once you make a modest 5 posts, more member abilities open to you.

(In a bit we'll merge this thread into the Collectors' Questions thread. Thanks.)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the Presentation Copy I have:

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot for your info. It's a great help.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ewald View Post
    So now I'm looking for the fourth version. Who can help me? And are there other presentation copies than the slipcased one that I mentioned here?
    I believe I answered your question on our Dutch forum, Ewald...
    A couple of days ago..

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Well, you gave me most of the clue. I owe you one.
    The individually designated copies are clearer to me now, thanks to Randall Flagg. And thanks to this forum I have now seen pictures of the several editions.

You already gave me permission to use your photo for my "storie" about Dolan's cadillac. Now I have to ask permission to Randall Flagg, mr. Rabbit, Matt, mulleins and jhanic to use their photo's.
    At first I intended a story for the Dutch Stephen King Fanclub (of which I am one of the moderators) but it might be interesting for this forum as well.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course you can use my photo of the Dolan's Cadillac blue proof!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I have to ask permission to Randall Flagg, mr. Rabbit, Matt, mulleins and jhanic to use their photo's.
    The photo I posted was courtesy of Carlosdetweiler (Bob). Permission should come from him.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you gave me most of the clue. I owe you one.
    The individually designated copies are clearer to me now, thanks to Randall Flagg. And thanks to this forum I have now seen pictures of the several editions.

You already gave me permission to use your photo for my "storie" about Dolan's cadillac. Now I have to ask permission to Randall Flagg, mr. Rabbit, Matt, mulleins and jhanic to use their photo's.
    At first I intended a story for the Dutch Stephen King Fanclub (of which I am one of the moderators) but it might be interesting for this forum as well.
    You can use my photo. Glad to help.

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Should have mentioned that a number of the 1/1,000 books were issued without any number or description on the limitation page.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have Dolan's Cadillac photos on this site.

Country
    Country Flag

@Mr. Rabbit Trick: I found a picture on your collection site (http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/dolans.jpg). That's the one I mend.

@Carlosdetweiler: I would be very happy to use your picture of Dolan's Cadillac.

@Randall Flagg: You mean some kind of mistake in printing in the publisher's copies or just an anonimous serie for all relations?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a mistake, just no mention of number, presentation etc.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

@Mr. Rabbit Trick: I found a picture on your collection site (http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/dolans.jpg). That's the one I mend.
    OK. You can use it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

@Randall Flagg: You mean some kind of mistake in printing in the publisher's copies or just an anonimous serie for all relations?
    Here is an example:

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Ironically this is one limited edition that I do not own.

I thought you all should know that!

Country
    Country Flag

Now that IS ironic.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Ironically this is one limited edition that I do not own.

I thought you all should know that!

Here's (an overpriced) one.